Weekend movie show times
29 E. Victory Way
“Secretariat” — Rated PG; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
“Jackass 3D” — Rated R; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
Tickets: $7 for ages 10 and older, $5 for ages 9 and younger
Sunday matinee: $5 for ages 10 and older, $4 for ages 9 and younger
Submit your event
Submit your event’s details for consideration by e-mailing me at mballeck@craigdai... or calling 875-1790.
From witches to pop culture icons and French maids to zombies, the most creative, original and all-out costumes will win big this weekend.
So dig through your digs and score yourself a sweet one.
First, here’s the adult fun planned for this weekend.
• The Howl at the Moon costume party is from 8 p.m. Friday to 1 a.m. Saturday at the Hampton Inn & Suites, 377 Cedar Court.
Prizes will be given for the best couple costume and wildest and mildest costumes.
Advance tickets are $15 per couple or $10 per person. At the door, tickets are $20 per couple or $15 per person.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Interfaith Food Bank.
Call 826-9900 for more info.
• The seventh annual Outtabounds Halloween party is at 9 p.m. Saturday under the grandstands at the Moffat County Fairgrounds.
The cost is $7 per person or $10 per couple.
Proceeds from the party will be donated to April Valencia.
• The Halloween Bash is from 9 p.m. to close at the Sports Page Bar at the Holiday Inn of Craig, 300 S. Colo. Hwy. 13.
The Erik Johnson Band will perform live music. The party includes a costume contest with cash prizes at 11 p.m. and a $2 shot bar.
The cost is a $5 cover.
All proceeds from the shots and cover will benefit Ryan and Hannah Sixkiller.
The Erik Johnson Band also plays from 9 p.m. to close Friday night.
• Mathers’ Bar hosts its costume contest Saturday night with prizes and drink specials.
The party runs all night, and costume judging is at midnight. Plus don’t miss voodoo punch or Schnapps specials. Cover is $2.
It’s all at Mathers’, 420 Yampa Ave.
• The Popular Bar, 24 W. Victory Way, hosts its annual fundraiser for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital on Saturday.
The bar offers drink specials, a silent auction featuring Denver Broncos gear and a costume contest at 11 p.m.
And hey, it’s cover-free.
• The Golden Cavvy Restaurant & Lounge, 538 Yampa Ave., hosts a costume party from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday with drink specials and no cover.
The winner of the costume contest gets a free drink.
• For the kiddos, there’s plenty of fun to keep them sugared up, too.
Trick-or-treating runs from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday in downtown Craig as well as at Centennial Mall, 1111 W. Victory Way.
Sandrock Ridge Care & Rehab also welcomes area children to trick-or-treat from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the facility, 943 W. Eighth Drive.
• Don’t miss the newest edition to Halloween fun, as Clint Gabbert presents the “After Dark” Light Show downtown.
The musically choreographed show runs from 7 to 9 p.m. today, Friday and Saturday.
While you watch, stop in downtown businesses to get some special bargains.
• Craig Christian Church hosts its annual Fun Fest for little ones from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday at 960 W. Victory Way.
It’s inexpensive fun, too. With tickets at 10 cents each, and each booth costing between one and six tickets, your kids can have a ball on the cheap.
All proceeds benefit the Joyful Noisemakers after-school program at the church.
• Help out the Browns Park School House with a bowl of soup Saturday.
The Browns Park Alumni Association hosts a soup dinner, bake sale and door prizes at 5 p.m. Wear a costume if you’d like.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the renovations and maintenance of the school.
• Warm up your cheering voice before heading to the Bad Dogs Youth Wrestling Fall Classic at 10 a.m. Sunday at Moffat County High School, 900 Finley Lane.
It’s $5 to get in and watch those little wrestlers go after it.
• Today is the final day of the Craig Middle School Scholastic book fair.
The fair is open from 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. and 4:15 to 7:15 p.m. today at the CMS library, 915 Yampa Ave.
Daphne Stroh, author of “Life’s Other Realm,” will attend from 4:15 to 6:15 p.m. today.
Check it out to benefit new book purchases for the library, and call 826-6332 if you want to learn more.
• Don’t forget that Tuesday is the general election.
There are plenty of local and state candidates and issues to have your say about.
Be sure to educate yourself on them by visiting www.craigdailypress.com/Election2010.
And, if you’d like to meet Scott Tipton, a Republican candidate for Colorado’s Third Congressional District, show up at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Golden Cavvy, 538 Yampa Ave.
• It’s a great weekend at West Theatre. Get excited for “Jackass 3D,” in 2D locally, and “Secretariat.”
Who doesn’t love them some Johnny Knoxville, really? I plan to see both.
Redbox has “Get Him to the Greek,” “Lake Placid 3” and “Winter’s Bone” new this week.