Ivy: ‘A life depends’ on 62

I passionately support Amendment 62 and urge other voters to do the same in this election. I was an unplanned pregnancy.

My teenage birth parents gave me up for adoption as an infant into Forrest and Polly Siminoe’s loving family.

I still marvel at the beauty of my life and cringe to think my own sons and grandchildren would not exist today had my life been snuffed out in the womb.

I am not a choice. I am a person. Children’s author Dr. Seuss said it best: “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”

Please vote yes on 62. A life depends on it.

Cheryl Ivy

Comments

onewhocares 4 years, 1 month ago

I, too was adopted, but I have also seen locally what happens to children that are unwanted & uncared for. Abortion is a 1000 x's more humane, than having a fully developed child being beaten, starved & overall neglected everyday. Just go work at Social Services for six months & you will probably change your mind real quick.

wellwell 4 years, 1 month ago

With each action we should consider the expected and possible outcomes. Affection and pleasure of the moment may create a new form that grows into someone like the two participants. This creation then should be the responsibility of the two. This responsibility should be yours of the rest of your lives. That is something certainly for consideration!

There are many educational modes to teach this responsibility. Please become aware and use responsible judgement.

KozeeLady 4 years, 1 month ago

Well said, onewhocares! I wonder how many people supporting Amendment 62 have contacted local adoption agencies to adopt unwanted babies born to alcoholic and drug addicted mothers, handicapped children with huge medical bills, mixed race babies, older children, sexually abused children, babies of rape victims carrying a rapist’s genes, or incest babies. If these unwanted babies were aborted they would never know pain and sorrow.

If that seems harsh, then let’s work together to prevent unwanted babies with sex education, accessible birth control for all sexually active adults and teens, parenting classes, remove religious restrictions against birth control, jail for life all abusive husbands, rapists, and people who commit incest, prevent drug and alcohol abuse just to name a few.

als362 4 years, 1 month ago

I believe that it should be each womens decision whether she wishes to have an abortion or not. I do not think the government should have a say or a hand in this decision. Government is known to make a mess of all these types of things and keeping them out of this is the smartest thing that can be done.

als362 4 years, 1 month ago

wellwell 4 years, 1 month ago

KozeeLady and others,

Well, the society has changed: Personal responsibility from conception is gone. Birth control, by many means have given sexual freedom. Earlier puberty and earlier sexual expermentation has bcome a standard.

Sexual education, parental responsibility, and religious response have not kept attuned to societal change nor kept up with the need of Now. Boys must score to be a man. Girls feel they must be fulfilled to be a woman.

Rape, Incest, Abuse, Drug Addicted Babies, Abused Children, Neglected Children, Malnurished Children, must be solved to better our world and look toward the reduction of the need for abortion. Until the problems are solved abortion will be the necessary option.

Sex Education, Parental Responsibility, and Religion must catch up and respond to The Now.