Weekend movie show times
29 E. Victory Way
“Secretariat” — Rated PG; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
“Megamind” — Rated PG; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
Tickets: $7 for ages 10 and older, $5 for ages 9 and younger
Sunday matinee: $5 for ages 10 and older, $4 for ages 9 and younger
Submit your event
Submit your event’s details for consideration by e-mailing me at mballeck@craigdai... or calling 875-1790.
From music to bingo and football to chili, Friday and Saturday feature simple fun for a laidback autumn weekend.
• Sit back and enjoy the jazz.
The Craig Concert Association presents a vocal and instrumental performance at 7 p.m. Friday at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1295 W. Ninth St.
“Swingin’ the Benny Goodman Songbook” features clarinetist Allen Vache, pianist Mark Shane, and jazz vocalist Terry Blaine performing classic popular songs and dance tunes.
Members get in free, of course, or you can pay for one performance for $20 per person.
Call Julie Dempster at 756-9553 to find out more.
• Sip your coffee and groove to the beat.
The Friday Night Coffee House invites you to perform or just listen to local music on Friday night.
Sign-up begins at 6:30 p.m. Friday, and music begins at 7 p.m. at Serendipity Coffee Shop, 578 Yampa Ave.
Bill Ronis at 620-6589 can give you the details.
• Slurp it up and spend it up during the Yampa Valley Pregnancy Center’s 18th annual Chili Supper & Silent Auction on Saturday night.
The dinner starts at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Boys & Girls Club of Craig, 1324 E. Victory Way.
It’s a good deal for dinner at $6 per person, $10 per couple or $20 for a family of four. Extra kiddos are $2 each.
Get your tickets at the door, or call 824-5204 to learn more.
• Bring your luck to American Legion Post 62 bingo Friday night, which features a drawing for a .25-06 rifle.
I don’t know what that is but if you like guns, bingo’s worth checking out this week.
Doors open at 5 p.m., and games begin at 6:15 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 43 W. Victory Way.
Call 824-3625 with any questions.
• There’s more chili during the Maybell Seniors chili and pie dinner at 5 p.m. Friday at the Maybell Community Center.
It’s all-you-can-eat for $6 per person. Sweet deal.
For more information, call 272-3226.
• Rivals face off Friday night as the Moffat County High School Bulldog football team battles the Steamboat Springs High School Sailors.
It all goes down at 7 p.m. Friday on the Bulldogs’ home turf, 900 Finley Lane.
• It’s a feel-good weekend at West Theatre as “Secretariat” is held over a second week and “Megamind” is featured in its first week out.
“Megamind” features the voices of Will Ferrell, Tina Fey and Brad Pitt and looks entertaining for the whole family.
Redbox now has “A Nightmare on Elm Street” and “Toy Story 3.”