Moffat County High School girls varsity soccer — 2010
Record: 3-8, 2-7 WSL
- March 13 Moffat County 3, Eagle Valley 1
- March 23 Moffat County 4, Palisade 0
- March 29 Steamboat Springs 8, Moffat County 0
- March 30 Battle Mountain 2, Moffat County 1
- April 3 Grand Junction High School 7, Moffat County 0
- April 10 Moffat County 6, Roaring Fork 0
- April 13 Glenwood Springs 5, Moffat County 0
- April 15 Moffat County 1, Palisade High School 3
- April 17, Moffat County 0, Battle Mountain High School 3
- April 20 Moffat County 3, Rifle High School 0
- April 24, 1 p.m. — Moffat County vs. Eagle Valley High School
- April 27, Moffat County vs. Steamboat Springs High School
- May 1, Moffat County0, Delta High School 2
- May 4, 4 p.m. — Moffat County vs. Glenwood Springs High School
- May 7, 4 p.m. — Moffat County vs. Rifle High School
The Moffat County High School girls varsity soccer team lost, 4-0, on Tuesday to Palisade High School.
Moffat County (1-1 overall, 1-1 in the Western Slope League) was tied with Palisade (2-1-1 overall, 2-1 in the WSL), 0-0, at halftime.
But, in the second half, Palisade was able to slip past the Bulldogs’ defense, MCHS head coach Harry Tripp said.
“They scored in the first 10 minutes of the second half,” he said. “I think our defense ran out of gas, and they were able to score three more.”
Palisade took 23 shots on Moffat County’s goalie tandem of Imelda Hernandez and Skylar Tripp.
The MCHS girls junior varsity soccer team also fell, 4-3, to Palisade.
“They almost pulled it off,” Tripp said. “If they only had five more minutes, they could have won.”
Kylee Gorringe, Karen Bolton and Harley Germond scored for the Bulldogs (1-1 overall).
Both varsity and JV teams will play Saturday in Steamboat Springs.
The varsity game will begin at 11 a.m., and the JV team will square off with the Sailors at 1 p.m.
Bad Dogs wrestlers host an April 3 tournament
The Craig Bad Dogs youth wrestling team will host the fourth annual Bad Dogs Wrestling Classic at 9:30 a.m. April 3.
The tournament will be at the Moffat County High School gymnasium, 900 Finley Lane.
The tournament will be an eight-wrestler double elimination bracket, separated by age and weight.
Wrestler fees will be $15 per wrestler and $2 for general admission.
For ages 8 and younger, there will be a weigh-in at 7 a.m. April 3 and wrestling will start at 9:30 a.m.
For ages 14 and younger, the weigh in will be at 11 a.m., and wrestling will start at 1:30 p.m.