For the second year in a row, KRAI received the Colorado Broadcasters Association's Medium Market Radio Station of the Year award.
The station, 93.7 and 102.3 on the dial, also received eight other first-place awards Saturday from the CBA.
“It reaffirms the quality of the staff, and the effort the staff has put in to serve the community and the region, which, to me, is what it's all about,” KRAI owner Frank Hanel said Monday morning.
KRAI is not unfamiliar with the station of the year award - it has won the award 10 other times, nine of which came when the station ran for the award as a small market radio station.
The station switched to the medium market category in 2007 and won station of the year for 2008.
KRAI also won first place Saturday for:
- Best station-sponsored community event for The Craig House of Horror.
- Best regularly scheduled newscast for the 12:20 News.
- Best midday show for the Frank Hanel Show.
- Best afternoon show for the Doug Larlham Show.
- Best news/talk broadcast personality for Mike Fuller's health care interview with Congressman John Salazar.
- Best regularly scheduled entertainment program for The Oldies at Nine - The Day the Music Died.
- Best live remote broadcast for the 11th annual KRAI Holiday Drive, and
- Best Web site for www.krai.com.
The station also won second place for best public service announcement for the Boys and Girls Club - Halloween and best station-sponsored community event for Whittle the Wood.