Moffat County Commission
Last met: March 9
• Approved, 3-0, warrant resolutions for the month of February totaling $187,504.07.
• Approved, 3-0, a grant application from the Craig-Moffat County Airport Advisory Board to the Federal Aviation Administration for $82,068 for airport development.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract with Janet Martinez for early childhood quality teaching classes in the amount of $7,832.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract with Judi Whilden for expanded early childhood quality teaching classes in the amount of $7,832.
• Tabled, 3-0, a personnel requisition from Jo Reed, of the human resources department, for two part-time crisis intervention specialists positions for the Youth Services Department.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract for services with the Statewide Internet Portal Authority to potentially add or revise the county’s Web services.
• Approved, 3-0, a sand and gravel lease expansion of 30.63 acres with Ann and Nick Charchalis for extracting sand and gravel from the property.
• Tabled, 3-0, a request for senior snow plowing services.
• Approved, 3-0, a request from the planning and zoning department to split the Long Minor Subdivision into two lots, one of which will be built on and the other sold.
• Approved, 3-0, a conditional use permit for Elam Construction Co. for a gravel mining pit on a 31.2-acre site.
• Heard an update from Ray Beck about the Yampa Valley Regional Airport and the Yampa Valley Economic Development Council.
• Heard from Marilynn Hill, new director of Moffat County Tourism Association, who introduced herself to the commission.
• Rescheduled a teleconference with Heidi Wagner and David Lock to discuss carbon legislative initiatives due to technical difficulties.
• Hosted a quarterly intergovernmental agency meeting.
• Discussed recent MCTA board resignations and board size.
• Discussed a recent designation for the greater sage grouse as “warranted but precluded” under the Endangered Species Act.
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 16, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:50 a.m. Teleconference with Heidi Wagner & David Lock of Tri-State Generation & Transmission — Discuss carbon legislative initiatives.
• 8:50 to 9 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolutions, contract with Soilogic for construction materials testing for the Swinging Bridge rehabilitation project, reclamation permit application for Lyons Pit No. 2, letter of support for the Mustang Club, treasurer’s monthly report.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg of Planning & Zoning.
— Present Northwest Aggregates gravel pit conditional use permit.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jo Reed, of the Human Resources Department.
— Present personnel requisition for approval.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber.
— Present commercial card agreement with Bank of the West.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer of the Social Services department.
— Review Jan. 19 minutes.
— Present community service block grant agreement.
— Discuss Medicaid.
— Present 2009 annual report.
— Present monthly reports.
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with John Boyd, of Colorado Northwest Community College.
Present resolution regarding Community Partners Building Futures campaign.