Nancy Sadvar: Bogus ticketing

This past weekend, many adults in Craig came together to support our local Kiwanis chapter.

It was a night out, and many people made arrangements for a safe ride home. I was one of them. The Colorado State Patrol (and I’m sure other law enforcement) were out in full force, which is good.

Even my “designated driver” was pulled over. He is my 17-year-old son, and I have no problem with the stop; I certainly don’t want people out drinking and driving, but he received a ticket.

This came after he was told he was “impeding traffic” by slowing before crossing through a blinking yellow traffic light and then ticketed for failing to have proof of insurance.

My son spent the better part of the evening and early morning hours driving around “adults” that should not drive. He took home family, friends and neighbors, and for his sober efforts, he received a bogus ticket.

I was told that an officer can check to see if, in fact, you have insurance regardless if you produce the actual card. He was driving our vehicle, not his own, and he had no idea where that insurance card was.

Of course, we have insurance, but now we will have to appear in court, with the “minor child,” during school hours to prove it. I mean really? Perhaps the officer could have ticketed the registered owners (us) of the vehicle instead, as we didn’t inform the driver of the insurance card location.

Or better yet, he could have just thanked my son for helping him save lives on a night like that one. A pat on the back would have gone a long way to build trust and appreciation for the State Patrol, and Trooper Bagley.

I think it is ridiculous that this is the thanks and the attitudes our kids get for doing right by the community. It makes me frustrated, especially for our teens to think even when you “do the right thing,” it’s unappreciated and unreciprocated.

Great job, Trooper Bagley, you pushed another child away who was trying to do the right thing.

Nancy Sadvar

Comments

lonelyone 4 years, 1 month ago

Gosh, it was my impression that when driving through town in the middle of the night, you should slow down at a flashing yellow to make sure no one was coming. You know, just to be on the safe side?? Guess I've been breaking the law all these years too!

sickandtired 4 years, 1 month ago

How moronic can you be Nancy? You dare to write a letter about your angelic son who's been known to throw hell a shish parties at your house? Didn't some girl get her teeth knocked out at your house? Didn't someone else fall off your porch and break their wrists? I hope Officer Bagley makes a lot of drive bys in your neighborhood during spring break and upcoming graduation parties! Oh, the pain to be inconvenienced to show up in court and have to pull your angelic son out of school. :-)

citizensforgrowth 4 years, 1 month ago

Another sad commentary on local law enforcement. If all else fails on a slow night lets go harass the kids. Maybe we need to issue some common sense to these officers at the start of each shift .

kp81625 4 years, 1 month ago

It amazes me that parents can get so upset when they think their children have been wronged. If you don't know where the insurance card is then take the ticket, show up in court and pay the fine. Obviously, the officer involved had a reason to pull this teenager over. They don't get to pull people over randomly. It may give this particular young man a lesson in staying on the right side of the law when he has to show up in court.

I was recently pulled over for speeding and it was my fault. I found the officer was friendly, courteous and yes just doing his job. Maybe you should teach your son to treat all officers with respect and be polite. I didn't receive a ticket, just a warning because I was able to realize that yes I was caught and no it's not his fault for upholding the law and yes I should show him the respect he deserves.

GreyStone 4 years, 1 month ago

What a thing to teach your kid…blame the cops and every thing other than his and your bad judgment for any misfortune that falls at his door. Bet this kid has a depressing future in store.

oldgezzer 4 years, 1 month ago

seems to me if the light was flashing yellow, then it was after midnight too. maybe you should be lucky that your holier than thou 17 year old didnt get a ticket for a cerfew violation. sounds like to me the trooper was alot nicer than he could have been.

PatrickHenrysRevenge 4 years, 1 month ago

I understand Nancy Sadvar's statement. With so many DUI's and, even worse, many more drunk drivers that are never caught in the act, it is hard to believe that the young man's efforts didn't buy him a little credit, especially for such a trivial offense. The charge, to me, sounds like an excuse to pull someone over after hours, which is common for police to do. This practice also helps catch many dangerous drivers, so I can't say that I blame the police.

If you're out driving around that late, expect that you may be pulled over and have all of your documents ready (as they should be anyway.) The cops could be a little more supportive of safe driving practices, as well.

It's also entirely inappropriate to start bringing up some obscure personal history or town gossip you may know about this family, and has nothing to do with the letter. What it does do is reinforce the stereotype that small towns are obsessed with emotional and irrelevant gossip, which is great!

areyoukiddingme 4 years, 1 month ago

Did you guys not read the letter? The point Nancy makes is that it is the officers descretion whether to write a ticket or not. Who could you possibly be impeding in this one horse town after midnight? How much traffic could there possibly be?
I read over the comments that were written and everyone missed the point! Nancy was not being a moron by far. Mr Bagley did not HAVE to give a ticket to the kid. I dont care if her son is an angel or hell on wheels, it has nothing to do with this traffic stop. If there were possible drunks on the road requiring more officers-then hats off to to this wonderful 17 year old for knowing to be more cautious at a yellow during a dangerous time.
As for the rest of the letters, you make me laugh. It is funny how you go onto a website to try to brow beat the writer and her family when you dont even have the audacity to show who you really are, by name. At least Nancy stood up for what is not right, what she believed in and how an officer should have thought with some common sense. Then, she was not afraid to sign her real name and state her piece. More than you chicken sheets did in your attempt to attack the writer and her son. You go Nancy! Stick up for what is right!

CindyLou 4 years, 1 month ago

Dear Areyoukiddingme,

Do you think that the readers on this forum are stupid? Everyone can tell that you are Nancy posting under another name. Your family runs around acting like idiots and everyone is suppose to step aside because you and your husband are a couple of blowhards? I don't think so. I guess Officer Bagley isn't impressed with you or your son. Office Bagley should have given you a ticket for being drunk and disorderly since you were three sheets to the wind when you left the play. I am surprised you even rember being pulled over let alone anything the cop did or said. You did such a good job of setting a good example for your 17 year old too, but that is no big surprise since he already runs around acting just like you.

So lets do a recap: You think that Trooper Bagley is a vilan because he wrote a ticket to a kid who broke the law and you are a regular June Clever and it doesn't matter that you got so drunk that you had to call your minor child to come out in the middle of the night to drive his parents home because they are too drunk to drive? Wow that is funny! One might even say that is rich!

DAILYREADER 4 years, 1 month ago

CINDYLOU--

SPEAKING OF STUPID.....I THINK YOU ARE READING INTO THE LETTER WHAT YOU THINK YOU WANT IT TO SAY. NANCY DID NOT SAY THAT SHE AND RICH WERE IN THE CAR WHEN THEIR SON WAS STOPPED. MAYBE THEY WERE AND MAYBE NOT. ALSO, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY WERE DRUNK AND DISORDERLY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND WITH NANCY.

Anitadunnce 4 years, 1 month ago

Dear CindyLou:

Do you think that the readers on this forum are stupid? Everyone can tell that you are George W. Bush posting under another name. Your family runs around acting like idiots and everyone is suppose to step aside because you and your spouse are a couple of blowhards? I don't think so. I guess the CDP readers aren't impressed with you or your son, Cindy/George.

What is WRONG with the adults in this flippin' town? A possible absence of art class or choir or PE or sports is NOT the biggest problem that Craig high school students have. The biggest problem, CindyLou//George, is that these kids have people like YOU for parents.

Stop it. I am sick to death of reading nasty comments in which people like you hammer and try to damage great kids like Ryan AND Austin. I know them both, and I support them both. Let them alone.

NancyDaySadvar 4 years, 1 month ago

Wow, you people are fired up! There is only a few comments that I would even care to respond to... CindyLou, evidently you are the one that is wrong, I did not post that comment previously, but I appreciate whoever did! Thanks! Next, it is true what some of the more level headed people who posted pointed out. I know we should have made sure all papers were in a specific place, etc. Understood. My kid is a normal teenager that was asked, as many other kids were asked that night, to help out. Judge that decision if you must, but on the couple of nights my husband and friends go out a year we felt that was a smart decision. We were not in the car at the time, and I think it is pretty petty to imply that we were three sheets to the wind anyway. You don't have to be "hammered" to be dangerous on the road. We had a good time, and I'm quite certain we were not the only ones out this weekend! Lastly, if ya hate us, and want to say ugly things that have no revelant value to the discussion at hand, that matters not to me. Agree or disagree, that too is fine, but at least when I write a letter to the paper I sign my name to my opinion.

boxer21 4 years, 1 month ago

CindyLou at it again....

If you want some insight on CIndyLou's character, just click on her name and read her other posts, this is nothing out of the ordinary for her. Uneducated bigot with a lot to say and nothing to prove.

As for the article...The ticket seems a little outrageous. Especially since the ticket was given in the "early morning hours," and it was for "impeding traffic." Really? Impeding traffic at 1 a.m. Sounds like Bagely had some bitterness towards her son.

Ray Cartwright 4 years, 1 month ago

Let's see going back to when I took my driving test (a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG while back) a yellow flashing light would mean that you slow down and PROCEED WITH CAUTION. Nancy I am sorry that you have to take your child out of school to attend court but I would hope that in the process that you give the court the dickens and in turn that Officer Bagely gets his A$$ reamed by the judge.. Hey maybe even a lawsuit???/

Denise Bagley 4 years, 1 month ago

Has anyone put any thought into the source of this story-- a 17 year old kid, who got a ticket. There are two sides to every story. Gee, how likely is it that a high school kid might stretch the truth a little, while telling his parents about a ticket he got? We don't know the whole story. People are forming opinions about a state trooper based on this kid's version of events. It's kind of a double standard-- some people on this forum take offense to the personal attacks on this boy's family, without knowing them, but they have no problem attacking the cop, who they know nothing about. This kid got a ticket for not having proof of insurance. It happens all the time. I got a ticket for this once (from a state trooper as well). I went into court, and showed that I did indeed have insurance at the time I got pulled over--case closed, end of story. Get over it, and move on!

legos 4 years, 1 month ago

As I read the previous comments on the article Nancy wrote in regards to her son, it makes me think of how upside down the world has become. Nancy simply stated that her son was giving rides for "Adults" after the Kiwanis play and that he was pulled over and ticketed. She mentioned he was giving rides to adult friends, neighbors and family not just his parents. It’s safe to say he probably wasn’t alone nor did he stretch the truth. If his parents had been in the car (even 3 sheets to the wind) they would have had the proper paper work located. Instead of attacking a teenager for trying to be responsible, ask yourself what other teenagers were doing that night while most of us parents were out. Austin was taking people home that did not want to drive. Whether his passengers were intoxicated or not is irrelevant. Nancy was irritated with the Officer for not showing a little restraint in issuing a ticket, and thought a warning would have been sufficient. On this particular night the young man was helping the Officer keep this community safer. I have personally lost a loved one to a drunk driver and I guarantee you that this young man was a blessing not a danger that night. We could all use a little more patience, understanding, and a lot less hate. As for the personal attacks on Austin for be helpful or as you put it (Holier than thou) I didn’t recall Nancy saying that she begrudged the Officer for doing his job by stopping her son. She was stating that the ticket wasn’t necessary. I’m sure the Officer involved was just doing his job to the letter of the law. Finally, I think some parents in this town should really tune their ear to what their kids are doing before verbally slamming another person’s child. I hate to tell you, but if you think your kids are perfect or without sin you’re as delusional about your kids as you are about your own life. It’s easy to throw stones when hiding behind cover. J. Gallegos

westslopeguy 4 years, 1 month ago

"Get over it, and move on!" ??

Seems to be the best response to most issues in rural NW Colorado. Be it MMJ, or VNA care, or City Councils that don't acknowledge the United States Constitution, or County Commissioners that don't get prosecuted when they break laws-(whatever happened to that one anyway, it seemed to have faded from the newspaper? hmmmmm????), or the Hatch Act-(that I already admitted I don't know much about), or book fees and free football. I could go on, but most of you get my point. Admittedly, some of you don't quite get that point yet, maybe you just shouldn't be reading this board, let alone responding to it.

Since we are dealing with the politics and good ol' bois in Craig, the best thing we can do is just that... ''get over it''

Or move on. I have!!! My 2 cents

oldgezzer 4 years, 1 month ago

rich, who's phil? sending behind the scene e-mails to people who may have blogged here only reinforces the opinions those people may have about you and your family. send me another one and i'm going to turn you in for harassment, please leave me alone. i said what i said based on what i know, from past experiences, and what i have witnessed. i'm sure you guys think your something, but to the majority of us your not. "just another brick in the wall".

legos 4 years, 1 month ago

This is Rich Sadvar borrowing a friends username, because I do not typically use this sight and this will be the only time I will ever use this sight. For those of you who want to say something negative to myself, my wife or my son. Feel free to post your name so we can talk about it or stop by my clinic at 535 Yampa Ave and you can give me your opionion. Otherwise quit hiding behind your ignorance and "username". I am here everyday. I am an extremely easy guy to find. Again, this is Rich Sadvar.....please contact me. I will be looking forward to the conversation or otherwise shut the **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreyStone 4 years, 1 month ago

Man… you guys are up the creek now.

Hell will rein down upon your anonymous, screens and keyboards after this. You all must be cowering in your respective, second class corners.

And you are all hiding, ignorent people...

Anitadunnce 4 years, 1 month ago

oldgezzer.... wow. That's some bitterness and jealousy you have there, and the emotions are so extreme that you are unable to conceal them under even the brief guise of politeness and decency. You also should have spent a little more time paying attention in your middle school English class (I am guessing that you are a high school drop- out, and that's why I refer to your "middle school English"). The double z makes the e short, and I have NO clue what a "gezzer" is, although I have heard of an old geezer.

What is it, "gezzer"? Is it that the Sadvars have more money than you, that they have more education, that they are employed and work hard, that they love and support their kids? What exactly is your problem, "gezzer"? If you had any sense whatsoever, you'd realize that your bitterness and jealousy are so transparent that you would be better off not commenting at all.

I am trying to recall, and I think that maybe Nancy's son spells his name "Austen" rather than with an "i", although I am not 100% certain.

I will state it again. I think that Ryan Neece AND Austen Sadvar are great kiddos, I know them both, and I am utterly sickened by this disgusting town that has ugly folks who have posted nasty, harmful, anonymous emails to harm these two great young guys in the past several weeks. Further, the MCSD has not always been terribly fair to Austen, and on that basis I agree with a previous commenter on this thread who referred to a problem that often occurs in small towns. So often a young person makes some sort of youthful mistake, and he/she gains a reputation, and the town will never allow the young person to grow beyond that one error. Shame on some of you who are pulling that on Austen.

I would be willing to wager that, with his parents' support and love, and with their encouragement of his higher education, Austen will earn at least one college degree and will be very, very successful.

I certainly cannot make the same prediction regarding some of you adults who post nasty, anonymous comments here and who will never grow or change or become kind, decent, successful people.

NancyDaySadvar 4 years, 1 month ago

ok people this is just mean spirited. I had no idea this forum was used for personal attacks rather than discussion of a letter or story. Actually, I had no idea it was really used at all. So, with that said, for the people out there who we have apparently wronged in some way so severely that you would take such measures, I apologize. If it makes you feel better about yourself, It has truly hurt my feelings. To the folks who have been supportive I apologize that now you are being attacked as well.
What I know for sure, is that we go to work everyday, we pay our taxes, we contribute to local community activities, are proud of our kids, and are happy with our lives. I also know I can look myself in the mirror knowing I have never or would ever treat anyone the way some of you have treated me and mine. It is ugly, cowardly and mean. I will certainly think twice before writing another letter to the editor. My mistake! But I do stand by my letter but am sorry that the point was missed by a few. I will not log back on to this post site again, it is unproductive. But if you would like to further discuss my LETTER face to face, I would be happy to.
Nancy Sadvar

daybyday 4 years, 1 month ago

This is not the budget cut thread, but seemed appropriate to say that I think speech and debate should be required curriculum. Almost everything students read and study in textbooks and classrooms has been debated at one point in time. We don't want kids to believe that disagreeing is unnatural, when it's not only completely expected and appropriate, but vital to the process of critical thinking. We don't want kids to believe that debate is negative, when it's only our inability to understand how to debate effectively that results in lack of progress. We don't want kids to believe that arguing does nothing but result in slamming doors and hurt feelings, because that's when young people decide it's easier to shut down rather than to stand up.

Harlan 4 years, 1 month ago

CindyLou,

You do not speak for everyone.

Nancy Sadvar contributed a mature and respectful posting. CindyLou's reponse is childish and mean-spirited in nature. I believe this forum is for discussion of topics, not for personal attacks. You have no authority to speak for all contributors. No, this blog does not treat "all stupid people and stupid comments" the same way. When you resort to rude and immature comments, it is a sad example of your failure to intelligently contribute to a discussion.

Let's discuss the topic presented, not the persons.

Harlan 4 years, 1 month ago

Let's discuss the topic presented, not the persons.

Mrgrinch 4 years, 1 month ago

CindyLou-do us a favor and try holding your breath for an hour

CindyLou 4 years, 1 month ago

Mrgrinch (like we don't know its you Rich)

I will take that advice into consideration if you can actually keep your mug shut for an hour (i would even take a combined effort between you and Nancy into consideration).

Rebelgirl 4 years, 1 month ago

Ok so all of this for a mother who belives her son recieved a bogus ticket? Who cares if they have money or her son is supposedly throwing parties. He got a ticket, he is not the only one to have ever recieved one. Chalk it up to lesson learned and grow up. Just hope it is the only ticket he recieves. I have been pulled over too and all for legit reasons. No one is singled out, tho he was out past midnight which is not allowed. Regardless if he was driving a bunch of drunks around or not he is responsible for the vehicle he is in. Just as I am responsible for knowing where the registration and insurance is in any vehicle that I am driving its apart of being an adult. Take some responsibility for once and act like an adult. You may also want to stop ripping on the cops for doing their job, putting up with whinny people like some of the people in this town would get really old fast. I would give tickets to everyone across the board just to shut some people up so that way no one could accuse me of showing favoritism. Nancy your son is just another teenager that got a ticket, what would have happened if he was just out driving instead of driving drunk people around? Would you still be upset? Just remember that he was not the only one that was pulled over and not the only one that night that got a ticket for something.

GreyStone 4 years, 1 month ago

Might be good public relations policy if law enforcement people in Craig were to compile a list of all the people of substance, make them exempt from getting tickets and other forms of ludicrous harassment. With such a list, people will be more aware and considerate of the upper class in this town. Show these people the respect they earned …What’s wrong with you people?

CindyLou 4 years, 1 month ago

GreyStone & Rebelgirl ----- I know you guys hate me and we are often on the opposite sides of an issue, but those were freaking AWESOME posts!

CindyLou 4 years, 1 month ago

Oh, and I appologise to the daily press if any of my posts on your forum caused the Sadvar's to reduce their advertising dolars with your paper. I can understand that you have a very strong relationship with those who advertise in your paper and you try to prevent negative comments about those who spend money advertising from hitting either the paper or the web .

I just wanted you to know that there were no hard feelings about the fact that you removed half of the truths I posted on this blog after Rich whined to you (and you know Rich whined). I promise I won't cancel my subscription.

GreyStone 4 years, 1 month ago

CindyLou ,

Yes we have disagreed at times, however on this discussion about tickets you are right on. I read your posts that were removed and think their removal was a poor choice.

This news paper and it’s web page are a public forum open to two way communication and if we are not adult enough to accept disagreement, then read a book or something. We must agree to disagree and not react like children when we are faced with the prospect that not everyone thinks like us.

GreyStone 4 years, 1 month ago

CindyLou ,

PS .........No, I am to darn old for hate .

GreyStone 4 years, 1 month ago

This is an example of a disagreement that makes this web site interesting… no hard feelings, just normal variation of thought on one subject and we agree to disagree.

Anitadunnce (Anonymous) says…

greystone: You posted the following comment to me @11:11am on 3/12 in a different thread: “Anitadunnce (Anonymous), Yr a dope[ ]” I will not respond to your recent post on this thread, greystone, as I don't find your comments to be mentally challenging. I would suggest that we ALL start to ignore rude comments by CindyLou and GreyStone, because it is clear that they are so starved for attention that they are like damaged children who prefer to get negative attention rather than no attention at all. I do not plan to give either of them the encouragement they seek to come onto these threads to attack Nancy, Rich, Austen, Ryan, me, or anyone else. Whatever you post now will have to be the last word, because I have no intention of responding to you, Thom …. er….. I mean GreyStone. As you are so fond of saying when you shut people down in every discussion, “I guess we will have to agree to disagree”.

Jillian 4 years, 1 month ago

This is so wrong. You are attacking a woman and her family for an article she wrote in the newspaper. I understand that when you write anything in the newspaper, you expose yourself to public ridicule but the level it has been taken to is out of control. She's already said that she's hurt. What's the purpose of continuing to be mean? Especially when you hide behind a screen name. I can't imagine what this family has been through because of what you've said. Would you ever treat her like this to her face? Would you like someone doing this to you? Where did your morals go??? I cringe to think of what must have been said in the posts that were taken down! The ones that are up right now are sickening. Stick to the story....Kid gets pulled over, mom thinks the ticket was unnecessary. From there go ahead and argue that the Nancy is wrong or the cop was wrong, whatever. Heck, I would even say it would be okay to say the family is portraying their son as an angel when he's not. Which, by the way, I have no clue who the Sadvars are, the kid may be a hellraiser, his parents may be jerks, I really don't know. What I do know is that you're being mean for the sake of being mean with some valid, debateable comments stuck in here and there. You really don't care about the issue...you care about tearing this family up publicly just because you want to cause drama. You have no other reason to keep on saying hateful things after you've already established your point once. No topic...especially this one...is worth making a person feel hurt...over and over. We all get it you 3....you're going to say whatever you want, do whatever you want, and you're not going to care who you hurt in the process. I just hope one day you and the Craig Daily Press will realize (before it's too late) how much words can hurt someone. Go ahead, ridicule me, at least I can hold my head up high. You, on the other hand would be embarrassed and ashamed if your names were ever revealed. Let the Sadvar's know your name so they can attack you and your family publicly, that would be fair. Exactly how much pain are you willing to cause another person for a blog? And no, this is not RIch or Nancy. I heard around town how horrible these blogs can get so I decided to check it out. If you continue to negatively ridicule people, (to hurt them, not to make a point) you can be certain I will be commenting too.

daybyday 4 years ago

I'll just say I wouldn't take the personal attacks from either side to heart or give power to anonymous posters to hurt my feelings. You know what they say about opinions - everyone has one. Who cares what posts were deleted, as they were apparently inappropriate to read, and therefore not worthy of concern.

It's disheartening to see how topics get so off track here, so I read Nancy's original letter again. She did not attack the Craig P.D. as a whole and even commended law enforcement for their increased efforts to reduce drunk driving. She did not say she was above the law. I understood her letter to say that, in this case, a ticket and appearing in court was not only unnecessary, but possibly counter productive. Not that appearing in court is the end of the world, but I highly doubt this young man thought he was doing anything but being helpful. Anyone who has lived in Craig more than a day understands there are more serious issues here than an inexperienced young driver possibly slowing too much (?) at a yellow light. As far as registration and proof of insurance, most people probably don't think about it when driving another person's vehicle or a company vehicle, or I know I don't.

Possibly impeding traffic, no proof of insurance and violation of curfew all combined warranted a ticket. It's only my opinion, but had I been that officer, and under those circumstances, I would have given a verbal warning, called the parents to discuss, and sent the driver home.

CindyLou 4 years ago

Anitadunnce: "I dunno, man. It started off super positive, then it just got crazy." Legos: "I did not like that at all." NancySadvar: "No, Legos, none of us did." Mrgrinch: "Yeah, it was totally messed up. It's disgusting how people will just, you know, take something good and just take advantage of a situation." Legos: "Yeah." Boxer21: "There was no time to do anything, except just leave and just hope that you're not hurt."

twin2175 4 years ago

Okay, so I usually don't make comments; however, here it goes. This article was written on 3/9/10, it is now the 22nd, and we are still talking about this. I don't know Rich, Nancy, or their children. Nancy wrote a letter to the editor, and the only thing that anyone should have commented on is whether you feel that the child should have received a ticket or not. Beyond that, this is all just crap back and forth. Therefore, we should not discuss them in regards to this letter. If you want to create your own blog and complain about someone, then go ahead. However, this forum is to discuss and share your opinions on articles and letters written in the CDP.
P.S. To give my 2-cents; the officer did his job. He was within his rights to give the young man a ticket. Maybe it would have been nicer for the officer to give him a warning; but that was his call to make. Finally, I think that this discussion thread should be closed because we are no longer discussing the original topic.

GreyStone 4 years ago

While reading all these comments, it becomes apparent how much crap a law enforcement officer and coach in this town must tolerate while dealing with you people.

The way we treat our coaches, law enforcement people, State Patrol, and Trooper Bagley, is just awful.

Temper tantrums, reproachful personal comments, self loathing, finger pointing…great soap opera material.

Darn, I just love this small town, parallel universe.

Walter 4 years ago

Most of you would behave like animals without the existence of police. Just like the anonymity of these posts proves, a lot of you are cruel, heartless people that wouldn't be caught dead saying such things to Nancy's face. We have so many laws and so many ways to break them it's funny. I can't tell you how many times I've seen police break the law while driving. Even they can't stay within the confines of the law, yet when ticketed, police are rarely found guilty.

GreyStone 3 years, 11 months ago

Has trooper Bagley, after allegedly pushing another child away who was trying to do the right thing, been censured for issuing the bogus ticket ?

P51 3 years, 10 months ago

So! What happened to the officer who did his job. I hope he was not punished in any way. We need police officers like officer Bagley. We want officers like Sgt. Bagley.

Cole White 3 years, 10 months ago

I think this entire discussion should be removed for content.

Cole White 3 years, 10 months ago

I think this entire discussion should be removed for content.

Cole White 3 years, 10 months ago

I think this entire discussion should be removed for content.

Ericshoberg2010 3 years, 10 months ago

Highway1340, I think you should be removed from your keyboard for posting that silly comment three times.

P51, we all want police officers. They are the ones who are going to phone ICE to do the pick-ups (after Colorado gets the Arizona law later this fall or early next spring) of illegals for deportation, so that we can get this state cleaned out.... and the hospitals and schools and free breakfast/lunch programs can stop wasting money on people who have broken into the U.S.

Heck, the whole idea of taking such an important part in a monumental step toward getting our country on the right track (after Clinton, Bush II, and Obama) makes me want to join the police force.

Ericshoberg2010 3 years, 10 months ago

To the Moderator: Is there some reason that you remove meaningful posts on important topics due apparently to your disagreement with the commenter's views, while you leave three identical, meaningless posts at 10:18pm on June 6th by Highway1340?

It is nonsense and causes me to wonder whom Highway1340 knows at the CDP to be granted such wide latitude in the meaningless posts. This is not how newspapers are supposed to be run in this country!

GreyStone 3 years, 10 months ago

Ericshoberg2010,

This was Censorship for the purpose of Maintaining the intellectual equilibrium of the board.

Ericshoberg2010 3 years, 10 months ago

By commenting here, I am aware that I run the risk of receiving my third strike, at which time I will be banned from these threads. That is not how Freedom of the Press was meant by our forefathers to be interpreted, CDP!!

Hey, Greystone: I think you're right, but it saddens me to know that a newspaper takes it upon itself to monitor adults for no good reason. I have seen one or two of your comments deleted, and I am always sorry to see that happen to you, too.

Adults post here, and we are quite capable of monitoring ourselves. If someone is offensive, the CDP should have no fear that other commenters will fail to jump the poster for the inappropriateness. The offensive one will stop as a result. With the sole exception of profane language (in which case the CDP could just print the comment, and use #### for the profanity), racial slurs (same thing.... print the comment, but use #### to replace the inappropriate racial slur), or comments that constitute hijacking the thread, there is no reason to monkey with our posts at all. The CDP also is not worried about libel suits, because an accusation is simply the commenter's opinion, and not the opinion of the press. That is clear.

I would like to know where we go in the CDP to read the hard-hitting journalistic news. Where is coverage of the current bribery scandal involving Barack Obama and Colorado's own Andrew Romanoff, or Obama and Sestak? It looks like the appointment of a Special Prosecutor is imminent for investigation of Obama's pattern of criminal conduct: bribery of an official in order to control the outcome of an election. If one or more claims of bribery are sustained, ground(s) for impeachment of the president. Where is that coverage, CDP?

News was released last week that Justice Anton Scalia has agreed to hear a New Jersey case on the matter of Obama's legitimacy to be U.S. President. Where is that news in the Craig Daily Press?

Because the CDP does not want to know about the above matters, does it mean that the matters do not exist? Does it mean that a newspaper has no obligation to report on matters, because the paper wishes the matters were not occurring?

Craig Daily Press: you are part of the "free" press in this country. Do your job.

GreyStone 3 years, 10 months ago

P51,

My sentiments exactly… we need more police officers like officer Bagley .