Results from Saturday’s Moffat County Sheriff’s Office Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament:
• First place — Nick Bomba, Kelby Virden, Brady Virden and Parker King, 55
• Second place — Dan Lyon, Rich Padon, Justin Hollingsworth and Tim Novak, 59
• Third place — Hector Flores, Fred Boss, Ben Landa and Ron Jagger, 61
• First place — Scott Kitchen, Kevin Brown, Chad Evenson, and Grant Corey, 45
• Second place (tie) — Rick Holford, Ken Harjes, Jim Loughran, John Forgay, and Bill Lee, Frank Lowther, Greg Caroll and Jack Greissinger, 49
Closest to pin:
• Hole 7 — Nick Bomba
• Hole 11 — Lisa McCurdy
• Hole 6 — Fred Boss
• Hole 10 — Brady Virden
Closest drive to center of fairway:
• Hole 1 — Joe Padon
Fifteen teams participated Saturday in the 23rd annual Moffat County Sheriff’s Office Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament, an event that raises money for graduating high school seniors.
This year’s tournament was dedicated to the men and women of the U.S. military, and was hosted at Yampa Valley Golf Course.
MCHS Class of 2010 graduates Angela Bernal and Chandrea Lopez-Shue were the recipients of this year’s scholarships.
The team of Nick Bomba, Kelby Virden, Brady Virden and Parker King won the scramble portion of the tournament with a gross score of 55.
The team of Dane Lyon, Rich Padon, Justin Hollingsworth and Tim Novak took second with a gross score of 59, while Hector Flores, Fred Boss, Ben Landa and Ron Jagger took third with a gross score of 61.
In the net division, Scott Kitchen, Kevin Brown, Chad Evenson and Grant Corey took first in net with a score of 45.
There was a tie for second net between the team of Bill Lee, Frank Lowther, Greg Carroll and Jack Geissinger, and the team of Rick Holford, Ken Harjes, Jim Loughran and John Forgay with a score of 49.
In the closest-to-the-pin competition, Lisa McCurdy was closest on hole 11 and Nick Bomba was closest on hole 7.
Fred Boss won the longest putt challenge on hole 6, while Brady Virden had the longest putt on hole 10.
Joe Padon won the closest drive to the center on the fairway of the first hole.