To the editor:
I would like to thank the following people, businesses and organizations that helped with the Memorial Day service at Craig Cemetery:
• John Allen at Allen Sound for the sound system and patriotic music.
• Ted Wheeler and Leon Meats for donating the time and materials for the hole-pokers that helped us place the flags in the ground.
• Cub Pack 166, Scout troops 198 and 192, the Bad Dog wrestlers, the Daughters of the American Revolution and the many citizens of Craig who helped place and pick up the flags.
• Owen Grant and Judy Bingham at Grant Mortuary for their help in locating the veteran’s graves.
• The Craig Daily Press for their coverage of the memorial preparations and services.
• Members of American Legion Post 62.
• Members of the Sons of the American Legion Squadron 62.
• Members of the American Auxiliary Unit 62.
• Members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265.
• Members of the VFW Auxiliary 4265.
And, especially, to my wife, Sharon, who helped me comb through all of the maps, lists and little pieces of paper that have been collected over the years to make sure that every veteran was honored.
If we missed placing a flag or didn’t mention a veteran’s name, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will make sure that the name is added next year.
Commander, Sons of American Legion Squadron 62