Moffat County Commission
Last met: July 20
• Approved, 2-0, meeting minutes from June 8 and 22.
• Approved, 2-0, payroll warrant resolutions totaling $681,502.95 ending July 10.
• Approved, 2-0, a third quarter reimbursement claim for Emergency Management Performance Grant expenses totaling $8,159.
• Approved, 2-0, installing a 1,000-gallon cistern and a new pump at the Hamilton Community Center, and to use the existing pressure tank for potable water.
• Approved, 2-0, a proclamation to make the week of July 24 Disability Awareness Week.
• Approved, 2-0, accepting a preliminary draft of the 2009 county audit results.
• Approved, 2-0, a ballot question asking voters if they want to prohibit dispensaries and other similar operations in unincorporated parts of the county.
Note: Commissioner Tom Gray was absent.
Next meeting: Tuesday, July 27, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: five-county core services mental health service contract; five-county core services substance abuse service contract; striping contract with Rocky Mountain Enterprises
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Mason Siedschlaw, of the Information Technology Department
Present Qwest contract renewal
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Jennifer Riley, of the assessor’s office
Epp & Associates abatement hearing
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
Discussion of and possible renewal of energy impact grant application
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department
Present personnel requisition for approval
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Mason Siedschlaw, of the Information Technology Department
Discuss computer program conversion to Tyler Technologies for assessor’s office, clerk’s office, treasurer’s office, administration and accounting.
Craig City Council
Last met: July 13
• Approved, 7-0, June bills totaling $651,943.87
• Approved, 7-0, renewing the tavern liquor license for Mathers Bar, Inc.
• Approved, 7-0, proclaiming the week of July 24 as Disability Awareness Week.
• Approved, 7-0, awarding curb and gutter work on Steele and Fourth streets to Precision Excavating totaling $37,240.62.
• Approved, 7-0, awarding the Craig water plant improvement project to Connell Resources in the amount of $128,048.95 and to add an additional $54,000 and $17,950 for asphalt work to the contract.
• Approved, 7-0, resolution No. 9 amending article 14 of the City of Craig Personnel Policies manual.
• Approved, 7-0, a bid for the Craig/Moffat Airport runway project from Hi-Lite Marking totaling $98,244 and a draft grant agreement with the Federal Aviation Administration for $75,000.
• Heard the introduction of the Craig lodging tax ballot measure and ordinance.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 27, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve July 13 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
Renewal of retail liquor license for Stockmen’s Liquor at 574 Pershing St. No cause shown for denial.
Renewal of 3.2-percent beer retail liquor license for Walmart Supercenter No. 4377 at 2000 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
Audit presentation on the results of the 2009 Financial Statement Audit by James Rae
• Other business:
Recommendation of bid award for a skid steer/forklift for the water plant
Ordinance No. 1006, an ordinance submitting to the registered electors of the city at the Nov. 2 general election, the ballot question of whether the city shall be authorized to increase taxes by the levy of a lodging tax of 6.9 percent on the lodging price paid for lodging services provided in the city. First reading.
Consider approval of a lease agreement extension with Colorado Northwestern Community College at the Center of Craig
Consider a request from MJK to assist in a city water system loop adjacent to the wastewater treatment plant
Discussion of local government input on the Bresnan Cablevision transfer
• Staff report:
Finance director Bruce Nelson will present the financial report for June
Monthly report for the water department
Monthly report for the wastewater department
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments