Moffat County Commissioners
Last met: July 13
• Approved, 3-0, meeting minutes from April 20, May 4 and 25, and June 10.
• Approved, 3-0, a treasurer’s monthly report.
• Approved, 3-0, a letter to the Bureau of Land Management regarding a free use permit for refuge pit No. 1 to expand the pit to include a 10-acre parcel north of the existing pit.
• Approved, 3-0, a social services department electronic funds transfer and payroll.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for a part-time, seasonal fair assistant.
• Approved, 3-0, a landfill engineering contract with Weaver-Boos for $9,500 through 2010.
• Approved, 3-0, the Clayton minor subdivision in which an 18.828-acre parcel will be subdivided into three lots.
• Approved, 3-0, the Pietrick exemption in which 10 acres will be exempted off the original 36.59-acre parcel.
• Approved, 3-0, a conditional use permit for the construction, operation and maintenance of about 10.9 miles of gas gathering and production liquid pipeline with Entek Energy.
• Approved, 3-0, a draft grant agreement with the Federal Aviation Administration for $75,000 for runway rehabilitation and installation of connector taxiway edge lighting.
• Approved, 3-0, three Zufelt road and alley vacation requests in Blue Mountain.
• Approved, 3-0, to go into executive session with county attorney Jeremy Snow to develop a strategy for negotiations and instructing negotiators regarding Griffin-Hadden v. Moffat County.
• Heard a report from assessor Suzanne Brinks on the assessed value of the county to date and a report on tax protests filed and action taken.
• Heard a monthly report from the road and bridge department.
• Heard an update from Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership Director Darcy Trask on its “Listening to business” survey.
The Moffat County Commissioners will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the commissioner chambers of the Moffat County Courthouse.
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: meeting minutes from June 8 and 22; warrant resolution; fiduciary liability insurance policy renewal; and quarterly claim for reimbursement of EMPG/LEMS expenses.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow.
— Discuss voter question regarding prohibition of medical marijuana commercial operations.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discuss Hamilton Community Center well issues.
• 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Break
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Evelyn Tileston, of the Independent Life Center.
— Present proclamation of week of July 24 as disability awareness week.
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration, and Paul Backus, of McMahan & Associates.
— Present 2009 audit results.