Weekend movie show times
29 E. Victory Way
“Despicable Me” — Rated PG; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
“The Twilight Saga: Eclipse”— Rated PG-13; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
Tickets: $7 for ages 10 and older, $5 for ages 9 and younger
Sunday matinee: $5 for ages 10 and older, $4 for ages 9 and younger
There’s plenty to keep you occupied this weekend — from yard sales to dirt track racing and drinking games to Olympic games.
Plus, it’s prime time to be out enjoying the summertime, so go climb a mountain or snag a fish or whatever warm-weather fun you’re into.
I will be enjoying one of summer’s most popular events this weekend — the wedding.
I’ll be standing up for my good friend, Christina, on Saturday and couldn’t be happier for her and Kevin.
• If you’re not donning a bridesmaid dress this weekend, though, maybe you’d like to meet a world-class athlete.
Swimmer Kristy Kowal, an Olympic medalist, will be in Craig on Saturday for the Sea Sharks’ annual ABC Swim Meet at the Craig Swimming Complex.
She’ll be available for photos and autographs during the morning session, which begins at 8 a.m., and afternoon session, which begins at 1 p.m.
Plus, Kowal will speak and present an excerpt from the documentary, “FIGHT,” which highlights her swimming career, during a Mexican buffet at 7:15 p.m. Saturday at the Boys & Girls Club of Craig, 1324 E. U.S. Hwy. 40.
• Hayden Speedway is hosting two nights of racing this week.
The Speedway boasts International Motor Contest Association modified showdowns with races beginning at 7 p.m. Friday and 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Admission is $8 for adults and $4 for youths 7 to 12. Kids 6 and younger get in free.
The track is at 37900 County Road 53 in Hayden.
Call 824-3070 or (970) 208-7772 to learn more.
• This one’s sure to be fun.
The next Craig Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors business after-hours mixer is from 5 to 7 p.m. today at the OP Bar and Grill, 534 E. Victory Way.
There’s a Hawaiian theme and all.
RSVP by calling 824-5689 or e-mailing email@example.com.
• Carelli’s has open mic night starting at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Sign-up is at 6:30 p.m.
So head on down, kick back with a beer and even warm up your vocal chords, if you’re so inclined.
• The Elks Lodge offers bingo on Friday night at 43 W. Victory Way.
The doors open at 5 p.m., and bingo begins at 6:15 p.m.
• The Elks is also offering an indoor yard sale beginning at noon Saturday and Sunday at the lodge.
It should be a good one, considering there will be several community members with tables at the event.
Get your table — $10 for non-members — by calling the Elks Lodge at 824-3557 or Frank Sadvar at 620-0874, or just go to shop.
• Bar Olympics return at 7:30 p.m. Friday at The Sports Page Bar at the Holiday Inn of Craig, 300 S. Highway 13.
So if you missed the fun the first go-round, head on out there for your chance to embarrass yourself and win some prizes.
• West Theatre is holding over “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” — the excitement continues — and is bringing in the new release “Despicable Me,” an animated film about a “bad guy who’s not a bad guy.” Looks cute.