Dave Young: Letters are a disgrace

All these letters flooding the letters to the editor in the past week or so are, to say the least, a disgrace. The original content was a response to a Moffat County High School newspaper article written by a student.

All that has come of this is a soapbox for Dale Potter to promote the Bible and numerous quotes from it saying homosexuality is a sin, while claiming to not “hate” gay people.

Dale, time to act like the community leader you should be in the position you hold, and let it go, buddy. All I see when reading your, and all your supporters letters, is a bully using the free press to originally pick on a young child writing in a school paper who incidentally has shown maturity by not responding to your bigoted statements.

I also see someone who has let the supposed “fame” get to himself because you keep on writing in and cannot even seem to get right in your letter the reason you started writing in the first place.

Freedom of the press and opinion gives you the right to say as you wish, but think about the message you are sending to your future flock, a flock who is more tolerant to such trivial things as homosexuality.

Maybe you should teach more on worrying about your own sins, and less of others, which is also in the Bible if you want to quote. Find it yourself.

I am so disgusted in all of you who have rallied behind Dale in this matter.

Dave Young

Comments

Sumarjn 4 years, 2 months ago

to such trivial things as homosexuality.

(All jokes aside) If you think homesexuality is trivial ~ you should spend some time in Provincetown (Cape Cod) ~ Key West or San Francisco. Live in the inner circles where gays and lesies rule the day.

*I am so disgusted in all of you who have rallied behind Dale in this matter.

Dave Young*

...And just who are you?

Dynamo 4 years, 1 month ago

If those places bother you, I suggest you do not go there. You missed a few such as Ogunquit, Me.

Does it matter who I am? And my name is in the article. Does it bother you that there are places where gay people don't have to hide like Jew's in occupied countries during WWII? Or does it bother you that I checked Dale & his supporters bigoted ways?

I am willing to bet you have not been to half the places you listed, or you would not be listing them off in the context you did. Don't assume you know who I am or where I have been.

Dave Young

Get a life.

Sumarjn 4 years, 1 month ago

Did I say that they "bothered" me? The context was that you claim "homosexuality" is trivial? If homosexuality was trivial ~ there wouldn't be such hoop-la surrounding the issue. And ~ there is much hoop-la!

Does it matter who I am?

No ~ that was the point I was trying to make.

• Does it bother you that there are places where gay people don't have to hide like Jew's in occupied countries during WWII?*

No ~ and their issues are quite complex ~ certainly not trivial as you would suggest.

Or does it bother you that I checked Dale & his supporters bigoted ways?

You "checked" their ways? I just thought you were being quite snide and full of yourself.

Considering that I only mentioned 3? lol! Gays and lesies are everywhere ~ even in small towns. Context in how they were listed doesn't make much sense. Context? I should call you on your bet ~ but I know how passionate people can get on certain issues which also include Dale and his supporters.

Don't assume you know who I am or where I have been.

What gave you that idea?

Get a life.

Anitadunnce 4 years, 1 month ago

lawspecialist posted the following on a different thread: "Thank you for the humor….. ha ha ha I had the greatest laugh! You're so funny! hee hee. Oh my gosh, let me stop laughing long enought to say this. Wait,,,,, wait… ok. Uh hummm, lol woooo ok ok….. first, lol…. I'm sure I'm not an “S”, I don't relate to one letter titles or slang. lol oh wow, I need to stop laughing here……. second, worry about anything you want to, it's not productive, it just passes time and provides no results what so ever…… third….. hee hee, I don't even have a young son or daughter, ah ha ha ha ha ha…. and how you could possible think they're awesome is beyond me since they don't exist! ah ha ha ha ha ha ……. fourth, you don't even know who I am! lol lol lol oh my…….. lol fifth, How can you “previously think highly” of someone whose identity is unknown to you!!! lol lol lol Maybe I have a twin I don't know about! You don't even know if I am a man or woman! ooooooooo, my stomach hurts from laughing…. let me stop. hee hee Let's see what the first three letters in the word “assume” are? lol Furthermore, I don't even live in Craig anymore!!! 30 years of that place was enough for me! bah ha ha ha ha! You would be most surprised if you could actually break through my firewall and find out who I am! Know me? know me??? ah ha ha ha ha, you DON'T know me!!! All those assumptions you made on all that hot air you breathe…. weeeeeeeee hee hee hee! That was great and thanks for the humor!"

lawspecialist, if I had ever had any doubt about your identity, the above peculiar, embarrassed, weird, and utterly bizarre posting by you only confirmed what I already believed that I knew about you. Question: if you are uncomfortable because it is overly familiar for me to call you "S", would you prefer for me to just call you "R"?

In any event, lawspecialist, you should be ashamed of posting all your hate-speech about GLBT. You have too much education and are too well-respected to write something so beneath you.

Dynamo 4 years, 1 month ago

Obviously you didn't understand the reason behind the original posting, or you would not be wasting your time having this amuzing little banter.

If you have something to say, come right out and say it, though if it is bigotted it will fall on deaf ears.

I don't think being a homosexual is trivial, though the context of pastor Dale's articles was. You took one word, rather than the meaning of the message. But I'm not going to argue about grammar or any of it and will not be distracted from my point which again was to stop picking on a student's article in a student paper using a very public media to do so.

Have any of you stopped to think about the feelings of said student while continually gay bashing?

Sumarjn 4 years, 1 month ago

Wow! I think I just entered the twilight zone.

Later....

Lawspecialist 4 years, 1 month ago

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha, more humor! wooooooo you crack me up! You should take that on the road! lol lol oooooooooo, what are going to do. . . tell on me! bah ha ha ha ha, hee hee hee. Oh stop, you are so funny! Im not ashamed of anything, I believe 100% in the things I say and do! I just feel sorry for the poor person of whom you "assume" is me. lol lol You can call me any letter in the alphabet for all I care, it doesn't bother me one bit; again, you don't control my emotions, I do, therefore, whatever you say, think or do carries no substance. Ahhhh, now, let's see.... you have tried to belittle, riducule and spread your opinion about others whenever the opportunity arises. . . and, why? Because we don't believe in the same things you do and poof! here you are doing it to everyone else! ah ha ha ha ha, now that is funny! Ah ha ha ha I'm inclined to believe that name is pronounced "dunce". :) Again, I thank you for the humor and for making my day! May all the blessings you deserve come to you! I'm done with you, so you can respond to this as I let you have the last word, which will hold some "clout" in your mind I'm sure. Have fun!

GreyStone 4 years, 1 month ago

Pro or Con. It starts with just a simple, innocent post. “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” Then a counter-post reply. “Sin” Then the bashing begins. Insults. Name calling. A line is drawn in the sand. Sides are taken. Counter-counter posts ensue. Then before long, the original purpose for the original post is long forgotten.

Can't we be more civilized :-)