Lawrence Sober: ‘At war with Islam’

We are at war with Islam, yet people try to downplay this fact.

If the New York City mosque is truly protected by religious freedom, then why does it have to be built exactly in this location? A violation of their religious freedom would not allow a mosque to be built anywhere.

We just had another failed attack by a Muslim? The last couple of attacks were near misses because the people who attempted these attacks were incompetent.

The sworn enemies of the United States are already in this country in part because we have not protected our borders. And, our enemies do not fear this country or respect it. When a known terrorist has 294 charges against him dropped and he will only serve seven years in jail, we are sending the wrong message.

The current administration does not even allow them to be called what they are. No references to Islam are allowed and you cannot get a straight answer as to what the mission of Jihad is. Their mission is to rid the world of infidels.

Then you get someone to write to the editor who is concerned about the demonization of Islam? A person who talks about wars without any real knowledge of war. The only way a person can have any knowledge of war is to be in one. This same person speaks of non-violence and hate crimes, and then talks about taking up arms against oil companies that want to do testing for oil in this area.

Nostradamus has made more than 1,000 predictions, 500 of which came true. Many of the others have just not happened yet. He also predicted the 27-year war, which is what is going on now. He said that it will escalate into the war of all wars. A world war against Muslims that will last for 10 years. Many European countries are warning us not to allow Muslims to do the same things that they have done in other parts of the world.

The peaceful majority of Muslims are the silent majority. Peace loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.

Because of that, the ones who are supporting Jihad are training their young to kill and become suicide bombers.

Lawrence Sober

Comments

Ryan_Neece 3 years, 4 months ago

I always find it amusing when someone is blatantly racist or bigoted attempts to cover up that same bigotry with ridiculous logic.

GreyStone 3 years, 4 months ago

There is a perfectly peaceful way to solve this problem, We can all become Muslim and all this hate and discontent will just go away. After all, religion is all the same, no matter what you chose to call it.

JimBlevins 3 years, 4 months ago

I think that I read some definite reference to me in your letter. Let me try to clarify. You are right, I have never been in battle. While many of my contemporaries were slogging through rice patties suffering in many different ways, I was comfortably sitting at a desk doing computer R&D. This was certainly a much, much better deal for me, but, in the opinion of my draft board, it was also a better deal for our war effort. The family of computers that I was working on were some of the first to give real advantage to our military. If this caused me to minimize the cost of war, your noting this would make sense. But since I have one of the strongest "war is hell" attitudes of anyone I know, I am not sure why it was brought up.

Secondly, I certainly did not advocate "taking up arms against oil companies". I simply noted that sometimes industrial activity can have very adverse effects on the communities where they occur, and that it would be to our advantage to keep a close eye on what is being done.

But to the meat of your letter, It has been strongly stated by both our current and previous presidents that we will strongly defend against violence done to us in the name of Islam, but that we are not at war with Islam. It pays to be very careful trying to predict future events based on prophesy. You apparently expect Christianity to beat out other religions. I expect reconciliation. Regardless, it is always better to work with those that you can rather than to declare war on a large segment of the population which contains many potential allies. In case you didn't notice, the latest terrorist wannabe was brought to light by peace loving Muslims.

Jim Blevins

wellwell 3 years, 4 months ago

My question is their "bible" (sorry I forget the spelling). My understanding is that it is a historic word of their god as is is our bible in Christianity. Many live strictly by the code of their bible as many do by or bible. My misunderstanding begins when I also understand that the code is ever changing, again as some of the differing groups prefer to do with our bible by interpetation.

My hope is that Christianity does not get to the extreme that is given jihad. The quote that always comes up in jihad is "death to all infidels" Is there a quote in their bible like this or in the added texts that I understand are ongoing to their bible?

als362 3 years, 4 months ago

I do not believe that this article is either racist or bigoted. These middle eastern people have been strapping bombs to themselves, blowing up buildings and airplanes. All in the name of Islam, Allah, and the Muslim religion. They have caused the things we used to do normally in this country such as air travel or going to work become very difficult tasks costing billions of dollars to perform. Ours is not the only country these people have terrorized. They are known world wide for their actions, and they are like a cancer that needs to be eliminated.

roxyhumz 3 years, 4 months ago

I don't think you can justify the situation by putting the blame on Muslims and Islam. It is not wise to associate the word terrorism with a peaceful religion and blatantly categorize all Muslims as terrorists.

I can assure you that many peaceful Muslims reside in the United States as well. These Muslims vow to protect and love their country each and every day. They are trying to turn around the image of Islam that has been tarnished by the actions of those who have nothing to do with Islamic teachings.

Alas, it is sad indeed that media should give coverage to those who demoralize a peaceful religion rather than seeking people who can attest to the beautiful teachings of Islam.

As an Ahmadi Muslim, I have learned to love my country. In fact, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once said that loving one's country of residence is part of faith. It is not the teaching of Islam if people disregard this sacred teaching and mislead others through their own interpretation and beliefs. People who do not adhere to that idea are not following what Islam says at all.

In essence, to associate terrorism with Islam would be "lying" to public in my opinion.

For more information, please visit: www.alislam.org

als362 3 years, 4 months ago

The way I look at is this: Bad companions, bring bad luck. Too bad for those that might be trying to live honestly. Sorry if you don't agree, but you will not sway my opinion.

SNLDallas 3 years, 4 months ago

Ahamdiyya Muslim Communit founded by Mirza Ghulam Ahmed is believing that, Jihad in Islamic terminology means to make an effort to endeavor and to strive in a noble way. Over the centuries this meaning of Jihad has been obliterated or at least diluted. The critical juncture in the Islamic world requires reviving and recapturing the true and pristine meaning of Jihad. Quran speaks of fighting only against those who first attack Muslims and this is the very condition laid down in different verses of the Holy Quran.. The Quranic words such as “kill whatever you find them” apply only in cases where the enemy has first attacked Muslims and apply to those unbelievers and enemies who break their oaths and firm agreements. They do not apply to unprovoked wars and battles. There is no place of Terrorism in Islam. Every pursuit and activity which disturbs peace is severely condemned in Islam. We find specific injunctions in the Holy Quran: “And create not disorder in the earth after it has been set in order. (7:57; 11:86; 29:37) and Quran Says ,Surely, those who believe and the Jews and the Christians and the Sabians - whichever party from among these truly believes in ALLAH and the Last Day and does good deeds, shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve (2:63). Islam also teaching to abide your Authorities, “In Quran Allah says in chapter 4 verse 64 "O Ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey his messenger and those who are Authority among you. Not mentioned that only Muslim Authorities. We should be a loyal citizen of United State of America. We should be thankful to United State of America, who gave us the freedom of belief. Any act of terrorism is not only condemned in Islam but are also pointedly declared alien to the teachings of Islam. Islam is not a religion of terrorism, a small group is brain washed by fanatics who are doing these cruel actions of killing innocent people in the name of Islam. They are not true Muslim but the worst enemy of Islam and true Muslims. Ahmadiyya Muslim Community a peace loving Community that believes in true teaching of Islam. Our Motto is “Love for All Hatred for None”. To get real picture of Islam, please visit www.alislam.org.>

GreyStone 3 years, 4 months ago

Religion is Religion, no matter what name you choose to call it. Paint it with a new brush and you will end up with the same picture no matter what you believe.

als362 3 years, 4 months ago

Click on the link below, you will see what their mission is.

rel=nofollow target="_blank"> target="_blank">http://downloads.cbn.com/cbnnewsplayer/cbnplayer.swf?aid=17933"

Mehmud 3 years, 4 months ago

Lot of of comments are due to mis-uderstanding about the religion. My sincere advice to the commentators is ,please try to understand the True Islam by logging on www.alislam.org . All those who are doing the suicide bombing & killing the innocent human beings are only using the name of Islam for their evil designs. The world wide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the only community on the face of this plannet whoes founder Mirza Ghulam Ahmad the Promised Messiah presented the true Islam of the Prophet of Islam Hazrat Muhammad peace be upon him.Islam does not teach to kill your self by bombing the innocent human beings.We the muslim do not do the funeral of a suicide bomber.The part of our faith is Love the country you live in. Be a law abiding citizens.Obey the ruler of country & defend the country if you are asked for it.It does not matters who the ruler is & what his religion is. More over to understand the true meanings of the of contents of Holy Qur'an.Kindly log on this email address: www.alislam.org ."LOVE FOR ALL,HATRED FOR NONE"

als362 3 years, 4 months ago

If I was a member of a group where others were using the name of my organization to commit murders, bombings, and worse, I would change the name of the organization I was a member of so I would not be associated with these criminals.
If an organization does not do that, there is no way for others to distinguish between those that say they are trying to do only good, and those that have proven they are committed to doing evil. You cannot continue to use the name of a group that has proven they are murders, without being associated with that group. It matters little who used the name first, when one is associated with evil, one must take action to rid themselves of that association. If they choose not to do that, it shows me that they openly choose to be associated with the evil ones.

onewhocares 3 years, 4 months ago

Very sadly als362, if you Christian, Catholic, Jewish or Muslim, to name a few, you ARE in a group that has committed murder & genocide. The actual natives of this country & many others all over the world were brutally murdered in the name of Christianity & Catholicism, "to rid the world of savage beasts" nearly wiping out the indigenous populations. I would bet more people have been murdered in the name of Christianity & Catholicism than any other religions...I could be wrong but after learning about genocides all over the world & in the past history I don't think so.

The point is, organized religion has been used to justify every horrific act imaginable, and sadly now extremists in the Muslim faith religion are hurting the good aspects of their religion just as the Christian murderers hurt the beauty of Christianity.

And fyi, don't you think the individuals involved in the border wars are more dangerous & more of a threat to this gov't than a few individual Muslims? It seems to me the national guard should have been on our borders years ago, rather than across the ocean in a war they can not win nor do they belong. (Afghanistan I can understand, but Iraq was truly only to make Dick Cheney & his Haliburton very rich)

als362 3 years, 4 months ago

Very happily for me is that no one has recently associated any religion with terror other than Islam, Allah and Arabs. Nothing you can say will change that fact.

native_craig_guy 3 years, 4 months ago

My only concern with this letter to the editor is that the author believes that this war has only been going on for 10 years. This was has been at the doorstep of Christian, Jewish and Hindi countries since its inception. As long as there are Radical Muslims (i.e. Terrorists) there will be a war. We are just now encountering the Muslim War that has been going on for thousands of years. There is no ethical, easy option to solve the problems with radical Islam, We just need to continue to stand up for what we believe is right and continue to bomb, pillage and destroy their homes, families and countries. Hopefully eventually they will see that their war with America is not worth the cost. Unfortunately, we are an easy target and we have much more to "lose" than they do.