Weekend movie show times
29 E. Victory Way
• "The Back-up Plan" — Rated PG-13; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday.
• "The Bounty Hunter" — Rated PG; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday.
Tickets: $7 for ages 10 and older, $5 for ages 9 and younger.
Sunday matinee: $5 for ages 10 and older, $4 for ages 9 and younger.
Submit your event
Submit your event’s details for consideration by e-mailing me at mballeck@craigdai... or calling 875-1790.
Doesn’t it feel like feast or famine around here?
Either we sit around and twiddle our thumbs or we’re so booked we can’t possibly make it to everything planned.
Well this weekend, it’s the latter, so read on to find out more about what’s going on so you can pick and choose.
• Help out Horizons by having a fun night of gambling.
At 7 p.m. Friday, Horizons Specialized Services hosts Casino Night at the Holiday Inn of Craig, 300 S. Colo. Hwy. 13, to benefit its programs and services for disabled area residents.
Tickets are $30 at the door and include dinner and $100 worth of gaming chips. Sounds like a good deal for a good cause to me.
Call 824-7804 or show up at 7 p.m. tomorrow.
• Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a party Saturday at Centennial Mall.
There will be Mexican food, a mariachi band, dancers, piñata contest and other children’s activities. It’s all from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the mall, 1111 W. Victory Way.
Be sure to stop by and enjoy the festivities.
• I am bummed (though I am probably the only one) that I will not be participating in the Craig Concert Association’s Local Talent Show this year.
But I can still go and enjoy watching and listening to the talents of community members of all ages at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Moffat County High School auditorium, 900 Finley Lane.
Visit the association’s new website at www.craigconcerts.org to learn more.
• Kids, don’t miss the Moffat County Literacy Council’s community Literacy Festival from 3:30 to 6 p.m. today at the Boys & Girls Club of Craig, 1324 E. U.S. Highway 40.
There will be free books and some fun activities.
Call the club at 826-0411 for more info.
• Check out the salad luncheon at First Congregational United Church of Christ, 630 Green St., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday.
Tickets are $6 a person.
Call JoAnn Stoddard at 824-5960 or Jan Rinker at 824-4136 if you have questions.
• I don’t find blood draws all that much fun, but some of you might.
But even if it’s not exactly fun, the 9News Health Fair on Saturday is a good idea. The health fair is from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Sunset Elementary School, 800 W. Seventh St.
To find out more, call Kristi Shepherd at 824-5814.
• The Sports Page Bar in the Holiday Inn of Craig, 300 S. Colo. Hwy. 13, features a complementary taco bar Friday and Saturday as well as free salsa dance lessons starting at 7 p.m. Sunday.
• West Theatre is carrying “The Bounty Hunter” and “The Back-up Plan” for another week, in case you missed your first chance to take them in.