Cheryl Ivy: Salvation with Jesus

After reading the article regarding the Quran study group, I felt compelled to respond.

Jesus said in John 14:6, “I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.”

Jesus is the son of God and lived a perfect life, sacrificing himself on the cross for the sin of mankind, and rose from the grave three days later.

I believe that makes him the only solid authority on the matter. The Bible has all the answers you are looking for.

Pastor Bob Woods said, “We’re all trying to find salvation.”

Well, salvation is written in red and is found in John 14:6. I personally love all people, regardless of their faith or which nation they live in, and I pray one day they find salvation in Jesus.

I am no better than anyone else for being a Christian, but I am saved, forgiven, free and at peace.

Cheryl Ivy

Comments

jamcolo 4 years, 6 months ago

Lucky for us you are in the minority. In a survey last year only Mormons and Jehovah Witness had members over 50 percent that believed there way was the only way to heaven. Not even Muslims believe their faith is the only way.

It is persons of faith holding to only their faith being right that makes hate of others faiths seem like the godly thing to do. Hate is hate and understanding others views is a great way to end the hate. Try it!

bigrred1576 4 years, 6 months ago

Thank you Cheryl. Someone needs to stand up for our faith, as the current government does everything they can to undermine it. I have to wonder how many congregants this latest thing will drive from Bob Woods church?

GreyStone 4 years, 6 months ago

Sounds a lot like the rhetoric of our political parties… You are wrong and I am right, don’t bother to try and change my mind I know I am right.

A good formula for hate and ignorance.

milanreb 4 years, 6 months ago

I had posted a polite and supportive comment on 4/2 AM - first commenter to do so. I would like to think the Daily Press is not editing the discussions. Richard Beason

slade72 4 years, 6 months ago

I do not believe that Cheyrl was bashing or saying her faith was the only salvation. I think She was just saying in these troubled times it is good to know she can turn to God for strength. I am not religious because I do not follow any particular faith other than what I call "Blind Faith". I do believe in God and I have accepted Jesus as my savior, but I am not one to judge or cirtisize others for their beliefs. I also do not believe that there is just one faith! I feel that we all reach out for and depend on whatever it is we need to get through these troubled times. So whatever that may be for you go for it, just hold your heads up high, know and believe in who and what you are and hang in there! I am new to this community and so far I am loving Craig. I pray that you all have a joyful, prosperous and meaningful life!

PatrickHenrysRevenge 4 years, 6 months ago

Finally someone stands up for what they believe in.

Cheryl is in fact correct, and if you think you can skew the words in the bible to mean that it's okay to "accept" other ideas about salvation and, truthfully, other gods, you should read a little bit more. The Christian god is a jealous god.

What's happening today is the watering down and sterilization of such religions towards more politically correct and tolerant versions, but if you have even the slightest clue about the doctrines of Christianity and Islam, you would know right away that unless you distort their core principles and teachings beyond recognition, accepting them both will never be biblically acceptable. What will remain after the massive neutering campaigns are empty vessels that no longer contain the accurate translation of a spiritual message, but the soft and malleable words of man.

It has nothing to do with "hate," trendy word parrots, if your god tells you that he was the only one you would worship, and that the bible you read is a sacred and divine document that is infallible (and both religions inevitably do) you'll listen, unless being socially acceptable is more important.

This will happen every time, and if there were more Muslims in Moffat County, I'm sure we would be hearing from them as well.

McGruber 4 years, 6 months ago

There is no God, no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, no Tooth Fairy and no Big Foot. Sorry to break it to you.