Moffat County Commission
Craig Last met: Oct. 27
• Approved, 3-0, an application to the Colorado Department of Local Affairs to exempt new oil and gas well production in 2008 from the county's 5.5 percent limit on increasing revenue.
The exemption would apply to 42 new wells built in 2008, amounting to roughly $539,417 in additional tax revenue for 2010.
• Approved, 3-0, a proclamation declaring November as National Runaway Prevention Month in Moffat County.
The Moffat County Youth Services Department and Youth Leadership Team plan to organize several activities in the next few weeks to raise awareness of youth homelessness and runaways.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for a Moffat County Social Services caseworker after a previous employee resigned. The position is partly paid by the state.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 3
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
- Credit application for Bargreen/Ellingson food service sink for Jail
- Letter of Support for Yampa Valley Partners for a Community Energy Coordinator
- Office of Emergency Management quarterly reimbursement forms
- Credit application for Pinnacle Lumber and Plywood Company
- Core Services Program addendum and contract with Anthony Noble
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Colorado Northwest Community College, John Boyd
- Discuss new campus
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. East Resources, Joe Gilmore
- Request extending closure of Moffat County Raod 93
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Health Insurance Board, Lynnette Running
- Present 2010 employee health insurance policy renewal
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Human Resources Department, Lynnette Running
- Present personnel requisition for approval