Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Oct. 6
• Approved, 3-0, a letter to the federal Bureau of Land Management office in Washington, D.C., and Interior Secretery Ken Salazar asking them to not make substantial changes to the BLM Resource Management Plan for the Little Snake Field Office.
The letter states the Management Plan was created through broad public participation, and it shouldn't be disregarded.
The letter mentions sage-grouse protections and potential energy drilling in Vermillion Basin as two areas particularly important to local residents and groups because of their economic implications.
The management plan will outline how all federal lands are managed in the Little Snake Office, which includes all of Moffat County.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid from ThyssenKrupp, an international company with a regional office in Eagle, to maintain elevators at the Moffat County Courthouse and extension office for $380 a month.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 13 at Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
- Warrant resolutions
- Court security grant reimbursement request form
- Performance warranty with Mined Land Reclamation Board
- Modification to BLM Airport lease
- Social Services payroll
- Colorado ARRA CSBG Risk Assessment Assurance form
- Amended Child Support Enforcement Cooperative Reimbursement Agreement
- Monthly Treasurer's report
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Administration, Tinneal Gerber
Present proposed 2010 budget
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Grounds and Building, Lennie Gillam
- Present bid recommendation and possible award of reconstruction of Shadow Mountain Clubhouse roof
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Fairgrounds, Bill Sixkiller
- Present bid recommendation and possible award of Pavilion flooring
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Assessor's Office, Suzanne Brinks
- Request waiving bid process for oil and gas personal property maintenance audit contract
- Request waiving bid process for real property commercial appraiser services
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Human Resources Department, Lynnette Running
- Present personnel requisition for approval
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Road and Bridge Department, Bill Mack and Linda DeRose
- Monthly reports
• 11 to 11:30 a.m. Social Services Department, Marie Peer
- Review Sept. 8 meeting minutes
- Additional state budget cuts
- Northwest Colorado Council for Children and Families quarterly update
- Monthly reports
• 11:30 to noon. Planning and Zoning Department, Jerry Hoberg
- Discuss vacating roads and alleys in Lay
- Discuss vacating alleys in Hamilton
- Present closing documents for airport parking lot project
Craig City Council
Last met: Tuesday, Sept. 22
• Took no formal votes, but allowed a proposed social host ordinance to return for first reading, and asked that a proposed noise ordinance be reworked and return for a second introduction.
• Approved, 6-0, a $126,000 contract with Behrman Construction to renovate the Boys & Girls Club of Craig. It was the low bid submitted.
The work was budgeted for $195,000 split between a state grant for $97,000, $20,000 from the city of Craig and $78,000 from the Boys & Girls Club.
Councilor Joe Herod recused himself from the vote.
• Approved, 7-0, a contract with local attorney Sherman Romney to be the associate municipal court judge for Craig.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13 at Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approval of Sept. 22 meeting minutes
• Approval of September bills
• Approval of agenda
• Consent Agenda
- Approval of a special events permit for the Craig Chamber of Commerce annual Crabfest on Oct. 24 at the Boys & Girls Club of Craig.
- Approval of the renewal of the 3.2 percent beer retail liquor license for Safeway Store No. 635 at 1295 W. Victory Way.
- Approval of the renewal of the 3.2 percent beer retail liquor license for the three Kum & Go Stores in Craig.
- Approval of the renewal of the tavern liquor license for the O P Bar & Grill at 534 E. Victory Way.
- Approval of the renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for Fiesta Jalisco at 410 Ranney Street.
- Approval of the renewal of the retail liquor store liquor license for Dark Horse Liquor at 1520 W. Victory Way.
- Representatives from the Doak Walker Football League will address the council.
- Presentation on the results of the 2008 Financial Statement Audit by Jennifer Ulrich of Bondi & Co.
• Other Business
- Discussion of renovation of the basement of City Hall.
- Ordinance No. 994 ~ Social Host Ordinance: an ordinance requiring persons owning, leasing or otherwise controlling private property to prevent the use or consuming of alcoholic beverages; repealing all conflicting ordinances; providing for severability; and providing an effective date. FIRST READING.
Ordinance No. 995 ~ Noise Ordinance: an ordinance amending Chapter 9.42 of the Craig Municipal Code concerning noise regulations. INTRODUCTION.
Ordinance No. 996 ~ an ordinance amending Section 1.08.010 of the Craig Municipal Code to conform to penalty provisions in the Craig City Charter. FIRST READING.
- Ordinance No. 997 ~ Medical Marijuana: an emergency ordinance imposing a moratorium on the operation of medical marijuana dispensaries, and on accepting documents for pre-application review or accepting applications for development approvals for medical marijuana dispensaries; repealing all conflicting ordinances; and providing an effective date. EMERGENCY.
• Staff reports
Police Department monthly report.
Wastewater Department monthly report.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments