Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Sept. 29
• Approved, 3-0, an oil and gas lease with Samson Resource Co. for minerals underneath Loudy-Simpson Park.
The county lease is for three years, with a $110 per acre payment and an 18.75 percent royalty on production.
The lease does not include stipulations on where the company can drill. However, the Museum of Northwest Colorado owns a portion of the minerals under the ground, so county officials will be able to negotiate such restrictions if the company decides to drill.
• Approved, 3-0, the September supplemental budget requests, which included a $2,500 decrease in county contingency funds for well repairs at the Moffat County Fairgrounds, as well as about a $1,391 decrease in emergency reserves for firefighting supplies.
The contingency fund sits at $197,500, down from $200,000, and the emergency reserve account is at $899,111.
• Approved, 3-0, a grant pre-application to the Colorado Department of Local Affairs for about $5 million. If approved, the money will go toward an asphalt overlay on a portion of Moffat County Road 4.
The grant application applies to a special allocation of $17 million made to the DOLA grant fund by the state Legislature earlier this year.
• Approved, 3-0, directing the county attorney to negotiate matters related to litigation regarding County Road 47. The commission discussed the issue in a closed executive session with the county attorney.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 6, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
- Warrant resolution
- Core Services Contract for day treatment alternative services with Colorado West Regional Mental Health
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Grounds and Building Department, Lennie Gillam
- Present bid recommendation and possible award of elevator maintenance agreement
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discuss proposed Regional Transportation Authority
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Land Use Board, Dave Watson
- Present letters to Department of Interior and BLM regarding the BLM Resource Management Plan
- Consider adopting road vacation guidelines