Carol Wilson: Happy holidays

On behalf of the Craig Downtown Business Association, I would like to wish everyone a joyous holiday season and send a special thank you to Cook Chevrolet and Yampa Valley Electric Association for their generous donation of funds as prize money, and to the Copy Shop & Computer Corner for providing the traveling trophy for the Lions Club Parade of Lights.

The parade is a wonderful holiday tradition here in Craig, and we are lucky to have such community-minded organizations and individuals keeping it alive.

Thank you also to the Craig City Council for approving the traditional parade route. We hope everyone who came out on a chilly Saturday evening had an enjoyable time.

Carol Wilson

Treasurer, Downtown Business Association

Comments

als362 4 years, 4 months ago

To Carol Wilson: The title of your entry is incorrect. It isn't happy holidays, the correct address for this time of the year is Merry Christmas. That is why we celebrate, to honor the birth of Christ, not for an unnamed holiday. It seems more and more people are ashamed of calling this season Christmas, but that is what it is.

cag81625 4 years, 4 months ago

Personally, I saw Carol's nice letter as an homage to the "season" which, to me, includes Thanksgivng, Christmas, and New Years. But I guess I'd be wrong. See ya in church Sunday!

DAILYREADER 4 years, 4 months ago

ALS362 - - THERE ARE OTHERS WHO ARE NOT CHRISTIANS WHO HAVE HOLIDAYS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, OR DON'T THEIR BELIEFS COUNT?

als362 4 years, 4 months ago

The only people that I know of that are not Christians and do not believe in Christ are atheists. Since they don't believe in anything, that makes no beliefs at all, which is nothing.
When a person has nothing it is impossible to count what they do not have.

GreyStone 4 years, 4 months ago

als362 Christmas is just one day among numerous other days during the Holiday Season in December. New years is another.

Happy holidays are just a number of days, in December, when your boss lets you stay home and get stoned.

John Kinkaid 4 years, 4 months ago

I haven't decided on what the City of Craig means with their lawn sign that says Seasons Greetings.

1. Welcome Late Hunters or
  2. Happy Ramakwanzahannumas

GreyStone 4 years, 4 months ago

I would hope it is a successful hunting season greet thing…

cluwilson 4 years, 4 months ago

I didn't compose the headline. That was done by the newspaper. If you had actually read the letter, you would have read my words stating "I would like to wish everyone a joyous holiday season". There's nothing 'incorrect' about that. It's a simple wish and these are, after all, the OPINION pages. No matter who you worship or what you celebrate, hope you have a good one in spite of the chip on your shoulder. Carol Wilson

George Robertson 4 years, 4 months ago

wow talk about the pot calling the kettle black als362!