John Kinkaid: We deserve leadership

Dear Mr. President,

You are a disgrace to the office of the president of the United States. You disgrace the office at multiple levels. I shall discuss only one today.

You received a recommendation from your commander in the field — Gen. Stanley McChrystal — regarding troop strength to best assure victory in Afghanistan. You have just concluded your eighth meeting on the subject with your war cabinet and have delayed your decision on troop levels for at least the past two months.

I would not want my sons or daughter put in harm’s way on a whim or an ill thought out decision process. I appreciate that. Being responsible for the death of troops and writing letters home to their parents is not something that I would want to have to do.

That said, you are not the president for the times in which we live.

We have just experienced the first post 9/11 terrorist attack on U.S. soil. You announced the attack in the middle of a scheduled speech at a B.I.A. function, in which you gave a “shout out” to a Native American, who won the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

You called it the Cong­ressional Medal of Honor, but I digress. You should have just cancelled that speech and announced the attack.

Being light and glib was not appropriate.

For months, general McChrystal has asked for an additional 40,000 troops. Now you are considering a so-called “hybrid” decision to send 30,000 troops. What’s the matter with you? McChrystal’s request for 40,000 additional troops was the bare minimum.

Define victory and what it looks like. Explain it to us. Either you are going to commit to achieve it or not.

Either commit to victory, or bring our brave men and women home. We are either in Afghanistan to assure victory or we are there to repeat Vietnam. The United States is a noble country, and we can achieve noble goals. We deserve noble leadership.

John Kinkaid

Comments

als362 4 years, 10 months ago

Osama/Obama should be first impeached, then taken behind the barn and have the snot beaten out of him. This person is about nothing except putting money in his own and his pals pockets. He is not worth the powder and shot it would take to blow him into next week.

westslopeguy 4 years, 10 months ago

I find it interesting that this is the 2nd threat of physical harm als362 has made to our president. I find it more interesting that in both cases he has prefaced his threat with impeachment or removal from office. Thus, this individual is consciously aware of the threat of privacy and the laws governing our states in regard to what is and what is not "legally" investigative, (I use that term loosely). What I find more odd though is that this is the same individual that has posted commentary inciting the override of the constitution of the State of Colorado and that of the United States that he so proudly supports as a "patriot" with ordinances in the City of Craig Charter . Which is it sir? Constitutional law or the law that fits the beholder? Just my 2cents, Paul

als362 4 years, 10 months ago

To westslopeguy: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object envinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security" This is from the Declaration of Independence, a document that you may or may not have heard of.
The day may come when it is necessary to overthrow Osama/Obama and take our country over again, before people like him that are here to take for themselves and destroy our freedoms, accomplish that end. When a person in control, over uses, or usurps that control, then it is our RIGHT, our DUTY, to throw off such government. If need be I will use my rights, and do my duty.

Eddy 4 years, 10 months ago

Our president considers all statements made by his advisors,and comes to a sensible resolution.General W.Clark and generalC.Powell give him much respect,so i doubt your insight is any more valid.As far as anyone going behind the woodshed,braggarts and loudmouths rarely have the salt when it comes right down to it. An impeachment can only happen when laws are broken;for instance,lying about wmd's to start a war,or warrantless wire taps on ones own people...Get the difference? I imagine that you are mostly hoping for impeachment because your guy did not win...Sorry,America did. If your party is so important to you,that you can't evolve with this great country,might I suggest china?the have a one party system and i think they're hiring.

als362 4 years, 10 months ago

The idiot you call a president only considers the things that make him and his cronies more money. That is all he cares about, putting money in his pocket and wasting the money the tax payers have entrusted to him. What a jerk!

Sumarjn 4 years, 10 months ago

I think als362 is talking about Bush Inc.?

• In 1998 the Uzbek ambassador, Mr. Sadyk Safaev, traveled to Texas to meet the governor of Texas, a Mr. George W. Bush. They met in the governor's mansion in Texas. There's an excellent book called Murder in Samarkand. You'll find a copy of the letter from Kenneth Lay to George Bush recounting the meeting in that book. And Enron acquired—as a result of that meeting held by George Bush in his capacities of governor of Texas, Enron acquired Uzbekistan's natural gas rights. Turkmenistan, next door to Uzbekistan, has even more natural gas, incredible amounts of natural gas. The natural gas reserves of Turkmenistan are equal in worth to the oil reserves of Iraq, if not greater. But you can't get it out. There's no way out of Central Asia for this oil and gas, except through Russia, and the Russians won't let it go to the West, or through Iran, which the Americans aren't keen on. The only way to get it out would be to have a pipeline going over Afghanistan. Fortunately, George Bush Sr., who was a director, or shareholder, at least, of another company, called Unocal, which was planning a pipeline over Afghanistan—and Unocal actually held negotiations with the Taliban to protect the pipeline over Afghanistan. In 1999 and 2001, Taliban delegations also visited Texas. The consultant who was organizing this for Unocal was a certain Mr. Karzai, who is now president of Afghanistan. So there you have George Bush Sr., Karzai, and, incidentally, [Zalmay] Khalilzad, all linked in Unocal, with Enron tying up the gas reserves in Uzbekistan and the pipeline over Afghanistan to bring it out. There are designs of this pipeline. And if you look at the deployment of US forces in Afghanistan, as against other NATO country forces in Afghanistan, you'll see that the US forces are positioned to guard the pipeline route. It's what it's about. It's about money. It's about oil. It's not about democracy.*

als362 4 years, 10 months ago

To Eddy: NO I am not talking about Bush! I am talking about this anti-American, that a bunch of fools elected called Osama/Obama.
I use my form of his name, because that is how he acts, appoints people and treats America.
He should be deported to the middle east so he can be with those that he claims by his own words and actions to be a part of. To repeat: I am NOT talking about Bush, I AM talking about this useless piece of trash called Osama/Obama!

Eddy 4 years, 9 months ago

als wow you are in serious denial.osama is a man that bush said,'could run,but could not hide'...and then he ran and hid. we now have a president that will utilize the full strength of America,not to just make B.S. statements,but to better this country and planet.While bush and his cronies bilked us all out of BILLIONS of bollars with blackwater,haliburton,or dare i forget enron?For their own gluttonous ends,you bought their crap.I feel sorry for you

als362 4 years, 9 months ago

To Eddy: At least I didn't vote for a cronic liar like you did.
And as far as money goes, the idiot you voted for bilked us out of trillions, with a "T", so it could be given out to a bunch of bank execs. In case you don't understand, a trillion is a 1000 billion. Which makes Osama/Obam's spending a lot worse than Bush's ever was. You are the one that is in denial, not me. Anyone that would vote for the freak you did is an absolute fool!

John Kinkaid 4 years, 9 months ago

Here is a European view of the President's speech at West Point last night. Two different speeches within the same speech. And the apology tour stopped at West Point last night.

The cadets in attendance last night should be very anxious.

Eddy 4 years, 9 months ago

als,you're still ranting? Despite all the words you've wasted,the only point you've made is that osamas first name rhymes with the Presidents last name. Gone are the days of"speak softly and carry a big stick", now the gop mantra is rant and rave and blather nonsence so nobody can see that you are utterly stickless. You and kinkaid have that part down. I resent being called a fool by someone hiding behind a computer,so I'll request you not address me again. If i want to observe the panic stricken flailings of a party on the way out,I'll watch fox.

John Kinkaid 4 years, 9 months ago

Gallup poll: Obama's job approval rating down to 47%. People are afraid that they will lose their jobs. They believe that the country is headed in the wrong direction. We are piling on massive federal debt that can't be paid back. The dollar is about to collapse and no longer be the world reserve currency. Some people are afraid. Some people are angry. I would like to see all new faces in Congress after the 2010 election. Including Republicans. All freshmen, except the 2/3 of the Senate who have to be replaced in later elections. Term limits would be nice to have. No more Ted Stevens or McCains or Lindsey Grahams or Charles Rangels or Barney Franks or Chris Dodds or Nancy Pelosis or Harry Reeds or Bushs or Obamas. We must take our country back, if it's not too late.

als362 4 years, 9 months ago

To Eddy: No, I am not ranting, I am just telling the truth. But if I suppose if I was one of those supporting Osama/Obama I would be forced to call that ranting as well.