Phyllis Knorr: Move your carts

Move your carts

This is overdue and is addressed to the folks who continually leave shopping carts in parking spaces - even in handicap spaces - in the parking lots of our local businesses.

Shame, shame on you.

Places are provided for the carts. Please put them there.

Phyllis Knorr

Comments

srelaford6 4 years, 11 months ago

Well Phyllis, How many times have you seen handicap people leave their carts in the empty parking space next to their car? I've seen it plenty. So dont make it sound like it's only our fault the carts are in the way. It is true that the carts need to be put away to avoid damaging other cars in the parking lot, especially on windy days. So on that note, I agree with you.

vic 4 years, 11 months ago

I have complained about this problem for as long as I can remember. At least a handicapped person has a valid excuse, though I will say I have seen a handicapped person place their cart in the corral and turn around to see a young, physically abled person leave their cart in the parking space next to them or even worse, next to another parked car. I just cannot figure out if it is laziness or plain stupidity.

I've seen handicapped people leave their carts in the handicap space next to them and I think that is terribly rude. I'm just as guilty as the next person about leaving my cart in the parking lot, but I don't leave it where it's going to cause someone a problem. I move it to the front of the parking spot. I'm sure that's still not a good thing to many. But I have also been known to wait from someone to empty their cart and then taking that cart into the store for them. So on that note, I do think it's not such a big deal, unless your leaving your cart against someones car, behind a car or in the middle of a space so no one can park there unless getting out and moving that cart.

vic 4 years, 11 months ago

Sorry - I totally disagree. That cart you leave could very well cause a problem to someone when the wind whips it across the parking lot. As for the handicapped...I am not going to go there. I am certain for some, it is not a hardship to take a few more steps to park the cart in it's proper place, but for others, it may take every ounce of strength they have just to get back to the car. We really don't know their circumstances or physical limts and I find it unfair to judge their actions. A physically able person has no excuse.

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I honestly do not understand why this is such a problem for some people. I put my cart (and any others I see) into the cart corral 100% of the time. No exceptions. I guess my hope is that even if others are rude, lazy or stupid...then at least maybe my car will be saved from dents by good karma.

Craig_gal 4 years, 11 months ago

whatever happened to the "bagger" providing carry out service?

vic 4 years, 11 months ago

City Market still offers that service. I am asked every time if I need help to the car.

cag81625 4 years, 11 months ago

To quote a comedian I once heard, "You pushed the damn thing through the whole store, 50 more feet ain't gonna kill you!"

My Dad told me once about a store they use to go to in another state. In order to get a cart, you had to put a quarter in a machine and then the cart was released and then you had to place the cart back in the "corral" and you'd get your quarter back. He said you never saw carts in the parking lot. I think that sounds like a pretty good idea, because as tight as things are for alot of people, they'd want their quarter back so they had it for the next time.

redneckgirl 4 years, 11 months ago

What about the carts at the apartments behind safeway and the one on Tucker street that has licence plates on it, who has to return those to the corrals?