Timothy Monahan: Confused in Craig

If you are not part of the solution, are you part of the problem?

I watched the documentary, "Crystal Darkness."

I read the article about the problems with the deer in Craig, wondering why we should get rid of them or have them shot when they have always lived here.

It kind of shows what most of us in town value most, doesn't it? Did that to the Indians, didn't we?

Do you think it's a concern to ask, what's more important?

Have the deer left their meth and cocaine pipes or needles in the city parks for your young children to find? Is your family, wife, husband, children or significant other as important to you as the minor problem with the deer?

What's the bigger threat? The drug problem in Craig is worse than it ever has been. Think about it - there are likely to be more people doing and dealing drugs in your neighborhood than there are deer. No matter which part of town you live in.

The people dealing the meth and cocaine in Craig are killing your loved ones and degrading all of our lives. Funny thing is, they probably are making better money than most of us.

Most of you are more threatened by the deer than you are the drug dealers. Makes sense, after all, it's probably the deer that are trying to get your children, families and friends hooked on meth and cocaine.

To those of you who choose to turn your backs and look the other way thinking it's just a passing fad, you have no one to blame for your losses but yourselves.

If you think it won't happen to someone you care about, ignore it until it does. After all, it's not your problem yet. Let someone else get involved - it's not your responsibility.

When will we open our eyes?

If you know someone who is dealing drugs, turn them in. If you have a family member or loved one who is hooked on meth or cocaine, get them help. Isn't it about time we started saving some lives around here and focus on what really matters?

You tell me.

Timothy Monahan

Comments

freeman 5 years, 11 months ago

IM WITH YOU TIM,,COULD NOT OF BEEN SAID ANY BETTER

greeneyedgurl 5 years, 11 months ago

Okay...well i'm the confused one now. You just said this in your article-- "Recently, the 14th Judicial District Attorney's Office dropped the charges against an illegal alien who was a known major meth and cocaine dealer here in Craig. There was a problem that I understand." So what is the point of turning them in when the DA's office is going to let them go anyhow??

lostyermarbles 5 years, 11 months ago

Yeh, the illegals should leave themselves and their drugs where they came from, but the deer can stay, don't ya think?? And I am tired of paying for all those illegal's baby's at our expense we need hospital revenue!! The only thing is when is "enough" enough???? Being over ran with them is like to many rabbits... I mean the deer. You need to control the population or they become a danger and a nuisance. Go to Mammoth Springs sometime, they are on the sidewalks, in the parks and there are signs telling you not to go here, there, Wait!! Aren't we paying the taxes??

hunter 5 years, 11 months ago

This was a refreshing letter. OF all the junk we deal with, we should be working to make a true difference in our community.

freeman 5 years, 11 months ago

EITHER WAY WHEN TOU TAKE ONE OR BOTH AWAY EVENTUALLY MORE WILL COME,,,SO,,WHICH ONE IS MORE IMPORTANT TO KEEP AWAY,,,,THE MONEY SPENT ON WORRYING ABOUT A LITTLE DEER THAT IS HUNGRY FOR FOOD ,,OR A FILTHY ADDICT THAT IS HUNGRY TO DESTROY LIVES AND MAKE THE COMMUNITY A DISGRACE,,,I BELIEVE I WOULD SPEND A HE-- OF ALOT MORE MONEY AND TIME ON KEEPING THE FILTH OUT OF OUR TOWN,,,

gschey 5 years, 11 months ago

I grew up with deer in my back yard and my doctor was Dr. Elmer Monahan. Any relation to that great doctor? He sure would be sad to see all the drug problems in Craig. Leave the deer alone and bring back Craig the way it use to be!!!

I may be thinking of someone else, but I think Dr. Monahan was Tim's father.

Lawspecialist 5 years, 11 months ago

I agree with you free. It's terrible that we racially profile these people but we are not to blame, their "own" people are responsible and as usual, refuse accountability for it. I was appalled when I saw a young man on the front of the paper. Please don't misunderstand. I think it is wonderful and only right he should get his citizenship here, however, if everyone knew what he's done and if he remembers. . . he made his own potholes in his path. I have known this man and his parents since he was still in high school. However, I'm very curious how "honestly" he would answer questions of his journey to citizenship. I know he and his family received foodstamps, wic, AFDC, joined the indigent program receiving free health care, AND he had both of his children as a single man only to marry his wife "after" they were born (receiving assistance of course) knowing well she is here illegally (she was sent back not once but 3 times) and then to parade himself as an honorable citizen? wow, I am taken aback from this! Of course he is not the only one, you have those who go to churches who don't believe in God but will surely stand in line and fill out an application for their children to receive free toys at Christmas. Oh, and least we forget about those who lie to the foodbank about the amount of family members in their household so they can have a big fat, (free) feast at Thanksgiving, or how about the amount of family members they claim on their income taxes which causes them to receive a BIG refund? If you or I did that we would be prosecuted to the fullest of the law. I have translated for these people in court, at hospitals, at law enforcement offices and in stores and had to quit due to morality issues on my part. I'll translate for them, but I will not translate lies. I could go on, however, I wonder if it'll ever change. I've lived here for over 25 years and it just keeps escalating. It was their choice to come here, I say if they are going to live here they must abide by the rules/law just like the rest of us, or leave.

Ray Cartwright 5 years, 10 months ago

Wow, I sure hope we all got the message from childrenofGod that he/she has something against ACET so we can get on with our lives and not have to worry about it and he/she will have time to volunteer to help out the situation.

chidrenofgod 5 years, 10 months ago

Considering the plight of the people that are trapped in the use of these drugs, why does'nt ACET bust the users so they could get them into drug court and get them help? The simple law of supply & demand would suggest that if there were no demand we would'nt have people dealing drugs in our town! But I guess that if you got the people help that needed it there would be no medals to pin on the chests of the ACET team! One has to consider what their agenda is! Are they really concerned about getting anyone help or do they leave the addicts on the street because they don't care about the people, ( just justifying their jobs!). Why don't they get off their butt's and help some people?

chidrenofgod 5 years, 10 months ago

I already have! In many ways! Simply put ACET uses informants that know the users & work their way up the ladder to the main dealers. They then bust them & laeve the people with the drug problem on the street to be used again in the future! This does'nt help the addict in any way & promotes more people to come in and deal when the supply isn't meeting the demand! In the meantime there are people out there that really need help, some past friends of mine! Would gladly pay for them to go to a treatment center out of my own pocket if ACET would get them into the system! Most won't admit they have a problem so it would be up to ACET to care enough to get them the help they need! They have not done that and they have known of these people for at least three years! What does that say about them? I want to help if given the opportunity but have not been given the chance! I care, DO THEY?