Marcia and Johnny Sfreddo: Thanks, road crew

Thanks, road crew

We want to thank the Moffat County road crew. The crew has been working for a couple of days to remove all the excess snow piles along the sides of the streets where we live in Shadow Mountain.

Also, we want to thank the Veterans of Foreign Wars post for sponsoring the free dinners to the seniors of our area. We have attended these dinners on and off for the past year or so. We appreciate all the work that goes into putting these dinners together.

Marcia and Johnny Sfreddo

Comments

als362 5 years, 11 months ago

I believe that the time, fuel, and equipment used to clear these sidewalks was a waste of effort, money, manpower, and equipment. If people would just get off their duff's and clean the sidewalk in front of their own house, this type of work would not be needed. Too many times in the world today, people expect the government to pick them up, pat their hand, powder their butt and make everything alright rather than just doing things for themselves. It is a fairly easy task to keep your sidewalk clear, if you just get up, do it and keep after it. Allowing numerous passes of the snowplow to accumulate and build up over time is not the act of a responsible person. If I were the person incharge of the county road dept., I would have told you to go buy a shovel before I spent many thousands of dollars of the taxpayers money to clean up something you should have done yourself long ago. If people are physically unable to do this type of work, there are many that have community service to perform, that could do it for you. Quit expecting the government to do everything for you, getup and do for yourself! And anyone that has money for new cars, has money for a snowblower as well.

kokopelli 5 years, 11 months ago

Dear als362,

Just for your information--the road crew did not clear our sidewalks or those of our neighbors. The roads and gutters were cleared where we and our neighbors live. We are in an area which is prone to flooding the county streets, so the actions of the Road Crew came from orders of Moffat County. We are not lazy and don't expect the Government to pick us up, pat our hand or powder our butt! . I suggest you get the facts before making statements about situations that you apparently did not know nothing about.

kokopelli, I guess all of us out here in Shadow Mtn are lazy and didn't even know it. Today the road crew came and cleaned off some of our street too. And no, we did not ask for it. My husband shovels and a neighbor helps out with the heavey stuff when we get lots of snow. I would guess the lady who lives near the mail boxes on 9th street might not be to happy with the road crew as she works to keep her sidewalk cleared off and they plowed a bunch of junk up on her sidewalk. And I bet she didn't ask for that either. Infact I bet she doesn't even want to use it to help keep her lawn green in the coming months as it'll have sand and other road grime in that no one wants on their lawn. But hey, we're all lazy and don't know what we want!! lol

valleylocal 5 years, 11 months ago

I think its great that Mr. and Mrs. Sfreddo took the time to recognize the work the County does for us, instead of complaining. Its classic to read these forums about the snow removal (i.e. Its the City/County's job to remove the snow from the edge of the street? No, its a waste of taxpayers money? People are lazy and should do the work themselves, or pay to have it removed?). Last year people complained about too much snow on the side of the roads, and this year they're complaining that the City/County is wasting tax money. Come on?

dogfan 5 years, 11 months ago

I do believe I saw the county crew spend quite a bit of time in als's neighborhood yesterday (Thursday the 15th). Didn't see them plowing anybodies sidewalk just trying to remove the buildup of snow and ice on the road.

Valleylocal, I kind of thought it was nice too. When I read their letter to the Editor, I kind of figured they were actually thanking the county for the work they did. But again I am just lazy and know nothing!!

kokopelli 5 years, 11 months ago

Valleylocal, dogfan, & loneyone.....Thanks for the support. Yes, we were just thanking the county for the work they do..even if it is their job.

als362 5 years, 11 months ago

I can't wait to see how happy these people are when their taxes go up. Because when you have waste like this they will.

als362, don't you get it..........no one asked them to do a damn thing. They, the county, are just doing it. They made one or two swipes down our street and then were gone. We didn't ask them to do it and were gettting along just fine without their help. Maybe it would have been nice for them to wait and do this stuff at a time when there is alot more snow to be removed and we could use a bit of extra help, but it's done with so just take a chill pill and back off! I know, maybe you should call the county and tell them to by pass your house as you don't need or want their help and never asked for it, just like the rest of us, never asked for it.

als362 5 years, 11 months ago

I have a difficult time "chilling" when I see waste, and this was waste. Just so you know, the sidewalks were plowed where I live, and the county was called according to what I was told. So don't count on me "chilling" any time soon.

I agree als, it is hard to chill when you see things being wasted, but as I said we didn't call the county to come clean our street and if the lady on 9th street called them to come do some cleaning, then they need to go back and finish the job, cuz they left her gutter in a mess. whew, that was a long sentence! Did you call the county to see if they had been called or did you just hear it through the grapevine? Maybe you should offer your services to help out those in need since your so fit and resourceful. And I don't mean that in a bad way. You've said before your willing and able to shovel your own walks and driveway, so why not offer to help a neighbor now and then. We use to do that all the time and now it seems as tho very few are willing to do it. Anyway if you did, you'd be killing three birds with one stone, you'd get your exrercise, the neighbors would get some help and the county would save some money!

als362 5 years, 11 months ago

For your information lonelyone, I have been cleaning my neighbors walks for years. Now if just half the residents did that, all the walks would be clear all the time, snow wouldn't build up in the curbs, and the county wouldn't have to waste their time cleaning up after people. I am doing my part, how about you.

hmm, I drove past your house yesterday and saw that your walks were clean, driveway wasn't so good, but I sure didn't notice that any of your neighbors' walks were clear. Guess I'll have to drive by again. Oh and good for you. I'm sure that makes you feel good to help others. As for me, I do what I can when I can. I don't do my neighbors because they don't make an effort to do their own and they are able to so. But then I'm not the one complaining about the county wasting money and time on foolish things, like cleaning the streets! Which they should be doing whether you like it or not!