Rodney Culverwell: Thanks, community

Thanks, community

I would like to give a big thanks to the community for its support.

There have been those who have given prayers and wished us well. There have been those who have put time in on our ranch to free up time for my court obligations. There were so many who took time and dropped in on court to show support.

Last, but certainly not least, we would like to thank all of you who have given financial help. We have thanked most of you directly, but there are those of you who deposited money into the PPR account at Yampa Valley Bank who have not been thanked. Those donations are anonymous.

So, if that is how you are showing support, we would like to thank you, as well.

Thanks.

Rodney Culverwell

Comments

George Robertson 5 years, 3 months ago

I don't believe he is asking for your support als362, he is simply thanking the ones that disagree with you.

lostyermarbles 5 years, 3 months ago

maybe on the story of the Dow and the town deer they could put Rodney on it..

als362 5 years, 3 months ago

That is the nicest thing I can think of to say about him.

als362 5 years, 3 months ago

I cannot give my support to this person. Anyone that will purposely kill animals, and leave the carcasses lay to waste, over a few bales of hay, is not deserving of support. Especially when they make many thousands of dollars in trespass fees from hunters. Rodney Culverwell, not the DOW is the enemy of all sportsmen.

notmpoppins 5 years, 3 months ago

als362- didn't your mother ever teach you "if you can't say anything nice....Don't say anything at all"? The trial is over, our justice system acted, leave it alone. Try to see something besides the negative.
Good has come from this trial. The DOW is much more responsive to the public. E-mails, letters and calls are being responded to quickly and sometimes in person if warranted. Positive changes are being made to help ranchers deal with wildlife. Certain things needed to be brought out into the open to make those things happen. It is very gracious of Rodney to take the time to acknowledge his supporters.

freeman 5 years, 3 months ago

NO, RODNEY WAS THE ONE WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE ON REMOVING THE DEER FROM TOWN ???HE WANTED THEM RELOCATED ON HIS PROPERTY ?????

hunter 5 years, 3 months ago

Blah Blah Blah. He is a criminal. Willingly and purposefully broke the law. He is also a pompus. For those of you who have given him support shame on you. He chose to have this happen. He chose to break the law. Would you send help to a drunk driver, or a person who committeed an armed robbery? No. Why is he any different? He is a criminal who committeed an act he knew was criminal.

I hope they hang him out to dry. I know he would do the same thing if I took an elk off his property on accident during a legal season. He would have had me arrested, fined ticketed everything he could have done. Because during the monthsd of September to November those are his naimals and his profit.

Notmpoppins,

Do you have any evidence that this has brought change in teh DOW? NO. They were doing the job before and will still do it. The only thing this proved is he is arrogant, and feels like he is above the law.

freeman 5 years, 3 months ago

HEY HUNTER,,IN THE LAST OF YOUR POST WAS IT IN THE ,,,MONTHSD ,,,OF SEPTEMBER,,OR WAS IT HIS ,,,,NAIMALS,,,,,,JUST KIDDING,,,I HOPE YOU HUNT BETTER THAN YOU SPELL,,,,GOOD LCKU TA HNTIUNG,,????

hunter 5 years, 3 months ago

Freeman, having dyslexia is something I have had to overcome and deal with. In my professional life I have a process to help limit my issues. On the computer here, when I get time I tend to hurry and not follow the process. Hence you will often see things like teh, from me. I appoligize for the errors.

Luckily I am a much better hunter.... I am nice and fat this winter as a result. Guess I should try getting out a bit instead of sitting here fighting the problems of hte world. LOL

Pece be with you... ERR!!! Pacea eb ithw oyu

Patrick Germond 5 years, 3 months ago

Hunter, I know what you are trying to say even when a word or letter is a little wrong. That's all that matters.

George Robertson 5 years, 3 months ago

Do you know what DAM stands for?................................................................Mothers Against Dyslexia

notmpoppins 5 years, 3 months ago

Hunter - you need to know I am NOT a supporter of what Rodney did. I know of him I do not "know" him. I do not agree with or condone what he did. My entire family, for generations, have been "legal" hunters and ranchers. But I also think we all need to be better at trying to find the good in things, all things. All the man did (Rodney) was be "polite" and thank his supporters. Politeness seems to be a lost art. The trial is over..... I DO have proof of changes in the DOW first hand. I own a small ranch in Moffat County, the changes are very apparent from a couple years ago. I have also been told by other people their experiences recently. Things are changing (for now) for the better.

NIMROD - That was mean. Shame on you!

freeman 5 years, 3 months ago

HUNTER,,I DID NOT MEAN ANYTHING AWFUL,,SORRY,,WAS IN A GOOD MOOD,,,HAVE PROBLEMS MYSELF,,SOMETIMES I AM A HATEFUL PERSON IN MY COMMENTS,,SOMETHING I AM TRYING TO OVERCOME,,,TAKE CARE

hunter 5 years, 3 months ago

Its all cool I was not trying to be defensive, but enlighten a little bit about my situation. Freeman and others I did not take any offense to it at all. Like I said it is something I have dealt with. IN all honesty I was trying to be funny.

Notmpoppins,

I am glad you have seen a better response from the DOW recently. I have not really seen a change on my side, but then again I am not a landowner(I wish I was). I am a pretty active hunter and have worked closely with te DOW on various projects my entire life. Everything from Bighorn Sheep transplants in the Glenwood Canyon, to turkey infestation problems along the Battlement Mesa area. I originally went to CSU to become a wildlife Biologist and in the process realized that the job was simply full of political BS. I Quickly took a different direction.

Thge way I see it, is working with the DOW or any other agency/business is all about a relationship. If I am good friends with the people in charge I am more likely to good results. If I am Harsh and abbrasive with those in charge I am going to get the same back. If anyone goes a little out of the way to understand and get to know the officials, they simply are going to have better results. I make it a point to help out the officers, police or DOW when ever I can. That being said I feel that a little cooperation on the land owners side goes a long ways. I know that every now and then there are going to be issues, but those issues need to be handled in mature and respectful manners. If you look at the early testimony in this case, one of the local DOW agents actually offered to put up the pannels for Culverwell. Both he and Culverwell testified that was the case. The DOW officer even offered to access the Culverwell ranch and use use scare tatics. Culverwell stated that he did think this would work and that shooting them off was the only option. This is my issue here, there were options he had been offered ways to pursue this. Instead he broke the law.

At any rate all, I hope everyone is having a great New Year. I am looking forward to decreasing the coyote population this weekend if I have any luck calling.

notmpoppins 5 years, 3 months ago

Hunter - Thank you for your insight. I completely agree with you concerning how we approach issues and people and the reponses we get.
Is there a place one can access the testimony records of the Culverwell case?

Good luck with the coyote population. Should be a beautiful weekend.

freeman 5 years, 3 months ago

hunter--i have tried using the coyote callers for sometime now and sometimes it works and most of the time it doesnt...what time if day is it most effective for the callers

notmpoppins, I think you can go to the court house and request a copy. IF you can even do this, you'll more then likely have to pay for the copies. I know you can obtain copies of charges as they are public record, but am not sure about testimony. Just go upstairs and ask at the Clerk of Courts window and they will tell you if you can have copies or not.

notmpoppins 5 years, 3 months ago

Lonelyone * thank you for your help. Thought it might be interesting to seperate the truth from the rumors.

Hunter & Freeman * My boys have great success with the Foxpro brand caller

hunter 5 years, 3 months ago

I actually recieved that information from a very good and reliable source, an honest man who was ultimately on the side Culverwell until that information came to light. He was in the courtroom for the majority of the trial and when not htere had a friend who took notes. Also search up the old articles on the story. The paper released an opinon statement, that for some reason was missed by us. In that story they also indicate that testimone went along the same lines.

Freeman, For coyotes. I call all day long fomr morning to dark. If I could shoot better at times I would be stacking up the fur. Freeman The biggest issue around here is everyone thinks they are a coyote hunter, but most have no real idea how coyotes are, behave etc. It has taken me years of practice and a lot of study to get good at calling. I have been calling them now for over 10 years. Last year I harvested 32. Year before that I killed 28 and bobcat, Year before that I called 19, 1 mountain Lion and a bobcat. My numbers have been good lately. This year the rabbits dropped in population big time, hence the number of yotes fell off a lot. I love talking hunting and especially yote hunting. If you want to really get into the hunting side of it, go to a website called www.predatormasters.com in there you will find some of the worlds best callers, and nicest people. IF you want more help from me sign up and look for a user named elks.

I would be glad to provide you with further information. Just kind of hate giving outemail etc. on public areas like this.

hunter 5 years, 3 months ago

HEre is what the paper read in the artical I referred to. It also basically states with what my friend told me as well.

Paper: It was not, however, their career goal to see a man turned into a public spectacle and then convicted of multiple felonies. People have to stop making every controversy into an "us against the world" grudge match. The same wildlife officer who spearheaded the investigation also offered several times to come out to the Culverwells' ranch and help chase elk and hang cattle panels but was refused each time. Culverwell testified he wasn't interested in help from the DOW unless it meant he could shoot animals, the only action he felt would work.

It is this attitude that is the major issue. This is why the man deserves what he gets. In all honesty, I think the guy is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. First of all to refuse help in any form for free is stupid. No matter what industry I am in, if a person wants to help me for free, I will take the help. Especially the poor old ranchers who are overworked, have multiple jobs etc.

Ok My wife is hoovering so I have to get on with my day.