Craig Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Jan. 6
• Approved, 2-0, to direct County Attorney Kathleen Taylor to work on hiring a mediator to resolve debt dispute between the county and city of Steamboat Springs. The commission maintains Steamboat owes $142,420 for construction issues with Steamboat Transit facility in Craig.
• Approved, 2-0, a grant agreement with Colorado Department of Transportation Aeronautical Board for $7,500 to fund an asphalt overlay on Craig/Moffat County Airport parking lot.
• Approved, 3-0, agreements with Daily Press and The Print Shop - owned by the newspaper - to be the county's newspaper of record and stationary supplier, respectively.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 13
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence, sign resolution approving public official bonds
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Discussion with Elaine Sullivan
- Swear in new commissioners and county surveyor
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents:
- Approve minutes
- Resolution for designation of 2009 official newspaper
- Resolution for designation of 2009 stationary supplier
- Monthly treasurer's report
- Colorado Department of Human Services Certification of Compliance for 2009 County Merit System
- TANF Services contract: Craig Mental Health, onsite child care, transportation, meals and incentives
- Core services mental health services contract
- Colorado Works personal job coach services contract
- Child Care Expanding Quality Program contract
- TANF Services contract with Grand Futures for parenting course instruction
- Change order on carpet contract agreement between road and bridge department and TLC
- Renewal contract with Gilbarco, Inc., dba Gasboy
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Alisa Comstock, extension office
- Quarterly report
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Appoint new board members
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discuss commissioner ex-officio positions
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc., and Dorsey & Whitney, LLP
- Hearing for pollution control bonds
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Elaine Sullivan, County Clerk and Recorder's Office
- Final hearing for special events liquor license for Wyman Museum
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, road and bridge department
- Present gravel pit reclamation permit application to state of Colorado for signature
- Present application for mineral lease to state of Colorado for signature
• 11 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer, Social Services
- Review Dec. 30, 2008, minutes for revision or approval
- Consider and approve recommendation for conflict overflow attorney and sign contract
- Monthly reports
• 11:30 a.m. to noon. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, planning and zoning department
- Union Telephone conditional use permit
- Tarango Oil conditional use permit
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council
Last met: Tuesday, Dec. 9
• Approved introduction of ordinance to reform city junk regulations, which redefines junk to include things that are unsightly, interfere with "reasonable enjoyment of property by neighbors," hurt property values or hamper firefighters.
• Approved renewal of hotel and restaurant liquor license for Vallartas Restaurant & Mexican Cuisine, 1111 W. Victory Way.
• Appointed Jason Wilensky and Liane Davis-Kling as alternates to city Parks, Recreation, Trails and Open Space Advisory Board.
• Approved first reading of ordinance amending city's outdoor vendor regulations.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Dec. 9, 2008 meeting minutes
• Approve December bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
- Approve special events permit for Craig Rotary Club for Diamonds & Spurs dinner dance Jan. 24 at Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion.
- Approve retail warehouse storage permit for Eastside Liquor, 539 E. Victory Way.
- Approve renewal of tavern liquor license for the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 4265, 419 E. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
- Request approval of sketch plan for Highlands Subdivision requested by DCS, Inc.
- Request approval of 50-foot monopole at 345 Mack Lane. Union Telephone made request.
- Public hearing to consider approval of conditional use permit for single-family dwelling in light industrial zone district at 1536 E. Victory Way. Owner of record is Thompson-Weiss Enterprises.
• Other business:
- Award bid for four special service vehicles, four-wheel drive, for Police Department.
- Request to purchase wing attachment for motor grader for road and bridge department.
- Resolution No. 1: A resolution designating a public place for posting notice of any meeting as required under the open meetings law.
- Resolution No. 2: A resolution declaring the Craig Daily Press as the official newspaper of the city.
- Ordinance No. 988: An ordinance amending sections 5.02.030 and 5.02.060 of the Craig Municipal Code regulating outdoor vendors. Second reading.
- Ordinance No. 989: An ordinance amending Title 8 (Health and Safety) of the Craig Municipal Code concerning "junk." First reading.
- Discussion of equipment replacement regarding Energy Impact Grants.
- Consider approval of retainer agreements with Jim Moylan and Lynaia South Orr to serve as hearing officers for Craig Liquor License Authority.
- Discussion and approval of contract with Stantec, Inc., for transportation master plan.
• Staff reports
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments