To the editor:
I have good news for Mr. Herbert Parker, the "dowser." The source of the good news is God Himself, as recorded in scripture.
1. You don't come back in re-incarnation, because God says in Hebrews 9:27 that "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this, the judgment."
2. Jesus Christ, the son of God, took the punishment of all the sins of everyone who ever lived, or who will ever live. "If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Righteous, and He is the propitiation (satisfaction) for our sins, and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world." (I John 2:2)
3. Simply by believing that Jesus did this, Mr. Parker can know that he has eternal life: "I am the resurrection and the Life, He who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die" (John 11:25-26)
4. Mr. Parker says that "Love is the Key," and he's right. It is God's love for a world of sinners: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
5. You don't have to be afraid to die. Jesus Christ became a man, "that through death, he might destroy him that had the power death, that is the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were subject to life long slavery." (Hebrews 2:14-15.)
6. When a believer in Jesus dies, it is "Absent from the body, present with the Lord." (II Corinthians 5:8)
What better news could anyone ever want?
From another "aged man" (without the white beard)
Pastor, Yampa Valley Baptist Church