Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Dec. 30
• Approved, 3-0, signing a Federal Aviation Administration grant application to put a two- or three-inch asphalt overlay on the Craig/Moffat County Airport parking lot. The project would total about $150,000, with the city of Craig and Moffat County responsible for 10 percent. Airport Manager Jerry Hoberg said officials likely would apply to the Colorado Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division for half of the local cost.
• Approved, 3-0, a total of $102,647.65 in contingency budget requests for the month of December, which included a $51,789 allotment to the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association. The other granted requests were:
• $12,890 for the Parks and Recreation Department to fix the County Ice Arena compressors and repair a broken window.
• $8,850 to the Coroner's Office to change benefits package from employee only to employee plus one.
• $5,842 to pay for the Craig/Moffat County Airport terminal project.
• $4,841 for the Treasurer's Office to cover increased advertising costs.
• $3,079 to the Maybell Fire Department to pay for increased heating costs.
• $1,979 to the Community Safety Department to cover an increased number of calls.
• Approved, 2-0, a $600 expense to buy a full-page ad in the Yampa Valley Partners Community Indicators Report. Commissioner Audrey Danner abstained from voting because of her involvement with Yampa Valley Partners.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 6
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
- Warrant Resolutions
- Resolution for 2009 meeting dates
- Resolution for 2009 Treasurer approved depositories
- Sponsor certification for construction project final acceptance on Airport Terminal Building
- Office of Emergency Management quarterly expense reimbursement form
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion. Note that the Commission may discuss any topic relevant to County business, whether or not the topic has been noted specifically on this agenda
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Review & award bids for Official Newspaper & Stationery Supplies for 2009
• 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. County Attorney Kathleen Taylor
- Possible executive session to be requested under C.R.S. Section 24-6-402(4) (b) - conference with County Attorney for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions: litigation issues.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may altar the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule.