The Craig Girl Scouts will have cookie sales booths at the following locations in February and March:
• Today - 3:30 to 5 p.m. at City Market and 4 to 6 p.m. at Safeway
• Wednesday - 3:30 to 5 p.m. at City Market and 4 to 6 p.m. at Safeway and Walgreens
• Saturday - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Wal-Mart and 4 to 7 p.m. at City Market
• Sunday - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at City Market and 2 to 5 p.m. at Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply
• Feb. 22 - 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at City Market and 1 to 5 p.m. at Kmart
• Feb. 23 - 4 to 6 p.m. at City Market
• Feb. 25 - 4 to 6 p.m. at City Market
• Feb. 27 - 3:30 to 6 p.m. at City Market and Wal-Mart
• Feb. 28 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Wal-Mart and 2 to 5 p.m. at Kmart
• March 1 - 1 to 5 p.m. at Kmart
• March 2 - 4 to 6 p.m. City Market and Walgreens
• March 4 - 4 to 6 p.m. at City Market
• March 6 - 4 to 7 p.m. at City Market
For more information, call Becky at 824-2624.
VNA offers bereavement support group in Craig
The Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is looking to host a new bereavement support group. The group will help people "learn how to deal with emotions and feelings that come with loss or death," the VNA reported in a news release.
Anyone interested should call F. Neil Folks at 970-326-8726 to establish a time to have a gathering at the VNA's Craig office, 745 Russell St.
TMH public meeting to center on finances
The Memorial Hospital is hosting a public meeting Feb. 23 on hospital finance, TMH announced in a news release Friday.
The meeting will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Platinum Room located in the basement of the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association's Craig office, 745 Russell St.
"The purpose of the meeting will be to provide a general basic overview of hospital finance and how hospital accounting works," according to the news release. "In addition, attendees will hear a brief presentation about Medicare changes on the horizon and how they may/may not impact TMH."
A question-and-answer session will follow. Attendees should ask any questions they have. If the question cannot be immediately answered, it will be researched and answers provided publicly, the hospital reported.
Light refreshments will be provided. For questions or more information, call Samantha Johnston, TMH service excellence officer, at 826-3109 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCTA announces event funding deadline
Moffat County Tourism Association, which administers the county's lodging tax, has announced a highly encouraged deadline of March 23 for event funding applications.
The board requests that applicants submit their requests by March 23 and are able to present at the April 1 board meeting. Applications received after this date will be considered, but funds may be limited after this deadline.
Those eligible to receive funds are limited to events and projects that create tourism and economic activity for Moffat County. Funds are awarded to help promote new and expanding events with advertising and promotional efforts, including brochures, posters, T-shirts and newspaper, magazine and radio advertising.
Most advertising dollars must be spent outside of the area, and all ads must include MCTA's logo and Web address. Funding is set up on a reimbursement basis only and is payable upon submission of receipts (including tear sheets) or invoices.
The complete application and additional details are available at www.moffatcountytourism.com. For questions or to turn in an application, call MCTA Director Michelle Perry at 824-2335 or 629-3914.