Wednesday service scheduled for Shane Braselton

photo

Shane Braselton

A funeral has been scheduled for a 20-year-old Craig man who died last week after a skateboarding accident.

Services for Shane Braselton, a 2007 Moffat County High School graduate, will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Michael Catholic Church, 678 School St.

A rosary and vigil will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the church.

The family will receive friends at the church from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday.

Braselton died Wednesday in Grand Junction, a day after reportedly falling off his skateboard in Craig.

He worked at Carelli's Pizza in downtown Craig.

He was treated in The Memorial Hospital's emergency room Tuesday and then released. Later that night, he was brought back to the ER and then transported to a different hospital.

As of Monday night, Moffat County Coroner Owen Grant had not received the cause of death. He expected to receive that information possibly today.

Comments

itsacraigthing 5 years, 4 months ago

What a tragedy. Very sorry for the community's loss.

Is anyone looking into why the hospital sent him home? Are we starting to see a trend of potentially-avoided deaths from TMH?

Neal Harkner 5 years, 4 months ago

itsacraigthing - I think it'd be prudent to wait until the autopsy report before throwing the hospital under the bus.

While it's indeed tragic, things like this happens all the time - small town and big city alike.

For all we know he could have had a brain bleed like an epidural hematoma that didn't show any symptoms until hours after he was released from the hospital.

als362 5 years, 4 months ago

I do not know what this young mans injuries were. But I believe that if he had some sort of a head injury, a cat scan should have been done. Perhaps that might have found the problem.

I agree with Harkner, lets wait and see, before we blame the hospital for not doing something.

Barbara A Smith 5 years, 4 months ago

I truly think all your comments about the hospital should go on an entirely different page. This is a tragic accident and we should be giving our support to the family. Not blaming the hospital..........especially when no one even has the facts. I am thinking you people have way too much time on your hands!

grannyrett 5 years, 4 months ago

Braselton Family-I am so sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers and we hope the comfort of God will help you get through this.

coloradosk8r 5 years, 4 months ago

My heart goes out to the Braselton family for their loss... I only knew Shane for the few moments we spoke before descending. He spoke as if he knew what he was doing, I only wish I could have been smarter and talked him out of it. For this, I will never forgive myself.....Although I hadn't know Shane personally, I will forever remember his courage. I am sorry