Charmaine Ciani: Big thanks to TMH

Big thanks to TMH

We want to give a big thank you to The Memorial Hospital and staff.

My husband was very sick and spent four days at TMH. We want to thank the day surgery nurses - they know their job very well and are great. Thank you.

To all the nurses, nursing assistants and therapists who took care of my husband, you were great. Thank you.

To Dr. Roberts, Dr. Kipe, Sara and Mike Lyons, thank you. The people in the pharmacy and business offices - thank you.

We want to thank all of the people who came by, called, brought cards and flowers and all of the people who helped with all the other things - it helped so much.

My husband is recovering well at home.

To those people who bad mouth TMH and the staff, shame on you.

Charmaine Ciani

Rick and Debbie Ciani

Mike Ciani and Mandy Goches

and all of the rest of the Ciani family

Comments

David Moore 5 years ago

"get back to work david"

Unlike most days, today I am not working at 22:53. Give it a minute though........

David Moore 5 years ago

We are so very happy to hear your husband is doing better and recovering at home(Beth Koonce/Stehle sends much love)after his visit with us.

"To those people who bad mouth TMH and the staff, shame on you"

Thank you for those kind words. Considering what you and your family just went through, words like that make us feel much better and the worry can ebb a little, we were VERY worried. Strange to some, but we do have compassion and we do care about the people we see each day. Our goal in surgery is to make you feel like you are part of our family and we will do our best to treat you that way. Again, atypical of a rotten staff. If there is one thing to be learned from the see-saw opinion section when it comes to TMH, or any business for that matter, is that you cannot please everyone. We try our best but no matter what you do or how many rear-ends you kiss, it matters none to some. Our days are brighter when the paper is picked up and a nice letter is in it, we like to hear when we do good for people, we've heard enough of the bad...we know already.

daybyday 5 years ago

Nice letter from the Cianis. Mr. Moore, no offense and with all due respect, in my opinion, in your reply you are perpetuating the problem equally or more than you are solving it. The negative comments about naysayers distracted from the positivity of your message. To complain when service is poor and to keep quiet when service is good is, unfortunately, quite common in all areas of business. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that you are not alone in this regard. It's common knowledge that people generally don't compliment when service is good, but do complain when service is bad (no news is good news?). We can change it, one person at a time...look for the good in people, thank them for the things they do (small and big things), focus on the positive, continually strive to understand people and to do a little better each day at loving our neighbors. (Me included in this!) Keep up the good work and God Bless and watch over TMH and the staff and patients.

lonelyone 5 years ago

daybyday, you are so right. we can complain alot and very loudly when things don't go our way, but forget many times to say thanks for a job well done or something nice that happened. I heard once that we sure know how to pray when things are bad in our lives but forget to tell HIM thank you when things are good. A pretty flower we've seen, a beautiful sunset or whatever. I think we should all take the time to spread a bit of good news for change and maybe in these troubling times we might just make someone feel better about their day.

David Moore 5 years ago

"The negative comments about naysayers distracted from the positivity of your message."

It is very hard to remain positive when faced with constant negativity and if I get a little negative, my apologies but I should have the same rights as everyone else. If I offended someone, sorry, that is not my intent here and I try to make all comments fit what I am trying to say without being offensive. I delete most of it and only post a small portion of what I want to say. I can't see negativity but I sure don't want to become what I'm fighting, my apologies.

lonelyone 5 years ago

David don't worry about it. I think someone complained before about something you said taking away from the original post, but I think we all tend to do that now and then. It's just called being human!

Really 5 years ago

David, Don't dis the high school! That makes you one of them!

David Moore 5 years ago

Rainbow: "David, Don't dis the high school! That makes you one of them!"

Good grief, it was a joke. I AM one of them since kindergarden, graduating in 1985.

Am I some sort of exception here...please explain???

Really 5 years ago

Sorry, David, I took the comment below to mean that because you graduated from MCHS you didn't understand something - like your education wasn't good enough. Maybe I misinterpreted. Since you frequently comment on people being negative it just struck me as a little negative.

"Maybe it's because I graduated from Moffat county High School but I did not see anywhere where I was negative to the "naysayers"."

For the record - I think we have a great little hospital! I had all my kids there, and many other procedures, and have always been treated well.

David Moore 5 years ago

Your right, as well as a joke it was a stab at the "quality" education I recieved here, that is truth not negativity. All I gotta say is "thank goodness for college". It was said with a lot of love but it was a stab, still, I did not mean for it to be negative. I'll watch my fingers from now on.

And for the record: I am happy you have had pleasant experiences with us, we do try our best and we are here for anyone, 24/7/365. Thanks for keeping me in line, and for the kind words:)

boxer21 5 years ago

Education is what you make of it. As with everything else. Private high school/college, public high school/college. It's just kids don't realize that until they are in college. I can learn from a crappy teacher, and hopefully there are none at the high school, but I could learn from them still. If the class has a book, I can learn and so can everyone else. Like I said, it's what you make of it. If learning and education don't come easy to you, that means you have to try that much harder. People need to stop blaming Moffat County's education system for everything. Step back and look at some of the parenting for a few seconds. Sorry you feel that way David, but I respectfully disagree with your "stab" at the education here.

boxer21 5 years ago

By the way...Daybyday, I enjoyed your comment. I completely agree with you. Well said. We need more people like you!

David Moore 5 years ago

I enjoy your comments boxer21, sorry we're not on the same page with this one. Maybe my negativity is more about the involvement(or lack thereof) of some of the teachers that I had growing up in this system...it's like they just gave up, which in the end run affected the quality. I know I had ADHD when I was a kid, nobody knew what it was or how to handle it other than leashing you like a dog, and because you were "hyper" you got a "special seat" away from everyone else in the class. Quality? Teachers lack of training? Or was that MY fault? We had no Ritalin in those days, is that an excuse to just give up on educating a child? It was only after leaving public school that I persevered on my own and became fluent in the subjects that I struggled so hard with in school, and much more....I love history now, hated it in school. I don't hold any ill feelings towards today's MC school system as all of those "teachers" have either gone away or died and it's a completely different era. My daughter is in the school system and they are doing a great job with her so far, 0 complaints regarding her education...her teachers are what I wish I had when I was her age. Did have a few good teachers though, saw one of them today for that matter and it brought back wonderful, funny memories...they weren't all bad, but the bad ones sure made life miserable and skewed my outlook on the system. That was then, another life, another time.

I'll stop now with the education stuff, my hole is deep enough and I've broken my shovel. I never meant for it to go so far off topic and for that, I apologize.

This post was about thanking The Ciani's for some kind words and wishing them a speedy recovery. Sorry if I offended or bored anyone.

daybyday 5 years ago

boxer21, so kind; thanks. I agree that it falls to the parents to monitor and take responsibility where there is lacking with a certain teacher or school system.

Lonelyone, amen. Have a beautiful day. :)

DMoore, I wasn't offended at all, and no worries. I know the Ciani's well and they are wonderful friends. I support both TMH and the new hospital. I think it's exciting and wonderful. I understand your frustration, but there's only so much in our power to change and it's easy for all of us to get mired down in negative and miss the positive, me included again. Jesus said don't worry about today because tomorrow has enough worries of its own...(grant me the power to accept the things I cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference.) :)

BTW, I also understand your comments on ADHD, but don't get me started on Ritalin use for children...yikes...won't go there on this forum. All I will say is that there are times when it is appropriate and necessary and times when it is not. My youngest struggled beginning in grade school when his teacher (not a physician) basicially demanded I put him on Ritalin or similar, his PHYSICIAN (not teacher) said no, and therefore I, (mother and knowing my child best), said no and worked it out other ways. That was a miserable year...Cherry Creek School system. He thrived in MC High School though.

boxer21 5 years ago

Thank you David for that comment. That makes more sense now. It just sounded like you were angry or upset at ALL of Moffat County and their educators. I'm sorry that some have failed you and I agree with you that that was wrong. I am more than willing to be on your side for something like that. I am just really defensive when it comes to our Moffat educators because it seems like it's everyone's "easy" target. They blame our educators because of their lives, their lacks of knowledge/know how, and their misfortunes. I just thought your comment was directed towards ALL of Moffat County and not specific teachers who failed you. Sorry for jumping on your comment like that, I'm just a firm believer in our educators, I think they just need more support some times and i'm here to give it to them. Thanks for clearing that up though David, I appreciate it.

David Moore 5 years ago

I know easy target, I work in one. Thanks for the reply.

freeman 5 years ago

i mean david as hard as you strive to protect us,,you know in your own heart that this hospital has good people and good qualities,,i would gear down and let nature take its course,,you push to hard to make people believe what you know is true,,

George Robertson 5 years ago

Actually I think he sounds a bit hypocritical. He jumps on EVERY negative comment made about the hospital as though he is their paid Ad man, and then launches his own attack on another institution.

blueyes 4 years, 11 months ago

Oh good grief how did a letter from a wife of a man who was in the hospital turn into a soap box for all that have a beef with the hospital and its staff. Get off the box and find better things to do. David Moore I see the look in your eyes walking down the halls of the hospital. You really need to get off your attitude trip man. If you looked in a mirror and see the look you give people and your fellow coworkers it's bad. I am amazed that you have not been invited out back for a good old attitude adjustment. Luckily for you that you have the upper management snow balled. If I had to work with you I would have meet you out back. And for the rest of you shame on you also. I know Max and Charmaine Ciani there very good people and what you have done to here thank you letter is just appalling. I know that this is just as bad as the rest of you but I feel that I need to get a point across.

freeman 4 years, 11 months ago

totally agree with you blueeyes,i watch everyday in this place and he needs to think about the wonderful people the cianis are and how much they thank the hospital,, david quit with your war on youself and get a grip on yourself