Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, April 7
• Approved, 3-0, a special events liquor license for the Cinco de Mayo festival sponsored by Comunidad Integrada planned for noon to 5 p.m. May 2 at Wyman Museum. Admission is free. The event will include, piÃ±atas, a soccer game, a mariachi band, American and Mexican food and desserts, a tortilla-making demonstration and carnival attractions.
• Approved, 3-0, an $11,250 bid from Denver Industrial Sales & Services for 25,000 pounds of roadway crack seal materials. It was the low bid submitted.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for two full-time maintenance technicians for the Moffat County Fairgrounds for the summer.
• Approved, 3-0, a motion to pay for employees' blood and prostate-specific antigen tests at the 9Health Fair from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 25 at Sunset Meadows II, 595 Ledford St.
Next meeting: Tuesday, April 14
• 8 to 9 a.m. Commission attending Assessor's Office Commercial Property Forum
• 9 to 9:05 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 9:05 to 9:10 a.m. Consent Agenda
- Warrant resolution
- Social Services Department payroll
- Permit application for new mobile home at road and bridge department Four Mile Shop
- Contract addendum with Snowman Vending
- Monthly Treasurer's Office report
- Quarterly claim for reimbursement of Office of Emergency Management expenses
- Stop Loss contract amendment from Great West
• 9:10 to 9:15 a.m. General Discussion. Note the Commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Information Services Department, Mason Siedschlaw
- Present bid recommendation for large-scale format scanner and 36-inch plotter
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Administration, Tinneal Gerber
- Present bid recommendation for Public Safety Center fishing pond picnic shelter
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Human Resources Department, Lynnette Running
- Present personnel requisition for approval
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Road and Bridge Department, Bill Mack and Linda DeRose
- Present bid recommendations for:
- Water tank
- Dump box
- Discuss landfill vouchers
- Monthly report
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Parks and Recreation Department, Tammy Seela
- Present contract with city of Craig for sewer taps at Loudy-Simpson Park
• 10:45 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 to noon. Planning Department, Jerry Hoberg
- Rolling Meadow Ranches: S-09-03, Final
- Lyster Minor Subdivision #2: S-09-04, Sketch/Prelim
- Elk Springs Recycling and Recovery Facility referral
- 4 Mile Creek Recycling and Recovery Facility referral
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel, or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council
Last met: Tuesday, March 24
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 14
• Roll Call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Municipal Judge Kevin Peck will administer the oath of office to Mayor Don Jones and newly elected council members.
• Election of mayor pro-tem
• Approval of minutes of March 24, 2009, meeting
• Approval of March bills.
• Approval of agenda
• Consent agenda
- Renewal of a tavern liquor license for the Popular Bar, Inc., at 24 West Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
-Lynaia South Orr and Jim Moylan, new liquor license compliance hearing officers, will be introduced to the council.
- Consider a letter of support for a U.S. Department of Agriculture loan application for the Independent Life Center to acquire 483 Yampa Ave. or comparable property.
• Other Business
- Approval of a grant through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for the Craig Police Department and Moffat County Sheriff's Office.
• Staff Reports
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments