Len Browning walks with a flag Victory Way early Thursday morning. Browning was among 12 Rotary Club members who placed flags along Victory and Yampa Avenue in remembrance of Sept. 11, 2001.

Photo by Hans Hallgren

Mixed emotions, reactions on anniversary

9/11: Still remembering 7 years later

photo

Dustin Cantrell, of Craig, holds up a sign that reads "9-11 was an inside job" Thursday afternoon at Victory Way and Yampa Avenue. Cantrell and Montie Mehsling, of We are Change Colorado, showed a different perspective on the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

As day was preparing to break on Wednesday, 12 members of the Craig Rotary Club headed out on the wet street, flags and cement buckets in tow. They hung up the flags all down Victory Way and Yampa Avenue in remembrance of an event that happened seven years ago, Sept. 11, 2001.

"It's something we felt we needed to do," said Randy Looper, Rotary treasurer. "Even if it's not an official holiday, it should be remembered - a national day of remembrance."

The club members spent about an hour in the pre-dawn morning setting up the flags, which flew all day yesterday, despite sporadic rain

showers and even some hail.

It was a day when people throughout town were commemorating the events of seven years ago, each in their own way - even the skeptics.

There were two people traversing through downtown Craig in the rain, carrying signs decrying the 9/11 attacks as a staged political event. They handed out DVDs with information about their points of view.

However, the flags were a solemn reminder that nearly 3,000 people died that day seven years ago. And they are remembered.

Comments

Globe 5 years, 7 months ago

99% of the media would love to hang Bush for an "inside job" So why haven't they uncovered anything more substantial and how come most of what they have uncovered can be debunked by a third grader with a captain crunch decoder ring? No I aint buying it. Pearl wasn't a conspiracy, the moon landing wasn't a conspiracy, and neither was 9/11.

However I would question a person's motive for wanting to find the smoking gun. No one is going to jail, it won't bring back any lives lost, and it won't make any one sleep better at night, so the only motive I can see is personal ego. The conspiracy theory people could care less about uncovering the truth. They just get so hooked on the drug that they can't understand why everyone doesn't feel the way they do and wan't to help the ignorant masses see the light and then worship them for leading them to the truth. So I guess this is my way of saying the conspiracy theory people are nuts and full of BS. Nice cardboard sign though, I wanted to pull over and give him a five dollar bill until I read what the sign said. Maybe you should try panhandling next time, you'll get more out of it.

grannyrett 5 years, 7 months ago

taxslave-You mean I am suppose to get the truth on youtube? You got to be kidding! I'm with GreyStone--Beam me up, Scotty.

taxslave 5 years, 7 months ago

This is the janitor of WTC talking...he was the last man out before the collapse....is he a liar too?

taxslave 5 years, 7 months ago

The fox noise and communist news network groopies are obvious....it's a personal choice to keep ones head in the sand.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 7 months ago

Taxslave, as long as you never talk about hugging trees I'll always listen. Maybe not believe, but I will listen. Have a good Sunday.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 7 months ago

Grannyret, I've been trying to think of just how to put that. Thank you

GreyStone 5 years, 7 months ago

Thanks Granny,

My brain was overworked and one of the words got lost.

Beem Me UP Scotty

George Robertson 5 years, 7 months ago

He's not paranoid, everyone really IS out to get him *grin

grannyrett 5 years, 7 months ago

OMG--From Rosie's mouth to God's ear? You got to be kiddin' me. Like I would believe Rosie? The stuff she does to get attention! What a shame they let trash like her on the airways. Give me a break!

grannyrett 5 years, 7 months ago

taxslave--Yes, it's a personal choice. I can try to get through this life the best I can, or I can see a conspiracy behind every action our government makes. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I want to LIVE my life, not go through it looking for everyone out to get me. Guess what? They aren't there. P.S.--You sound a lot like stompk on another forum. Do you know him?

taxslave 5 years, 7 months ago

A movie has been released across the world (Zero)....tells the story how we've been had.....it's banned in the usa. The event of 9/11 was a "false flag". BinLaden died in Dec. of 01....see interview on youtube with Bhutto and David Frost. Did you know Bhutto graduated from Harvard?

Number one selling book in China..."Currency Wars", also banned in the usa....and most of Americans "think" they're free.

One of Hitler's saying, "It's too big to fail"....all you hear today on the financial markets...ring a bell?

Hitler has been ressurected and his name is "usa foreign policy". Ever wonder why Nato is in Georgia? We're not talking Savannah.

Our fiat currency is about to collapse....just like Rome's. No fiat currency has even stood the test of time.

Most Americans will be working for many more years than they figured....the wipeout of fannie and freddie (communist/socialist move) just wiped out pensions and 401's and money markets.

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have."

The "Borg" has Americans right where it wants them....fearful, scared and uninformed and at the mercy of what the boob tube tells them.....ever wonder why they shoved "no child left behind" down our throats? To dumb down the masses.

taxslave 5 years, 7 months ago

~~9/11 Truth: Soon To Go From Theory To Fact~~"International Tribunal" Posted September 12th, 2008 by DaddyWarBucks ZERO: An Investigation into 9/11, has one central thesis - that the official version of events surrounding the attacks on 9/11 can not be true. This brand new feature documentary from Italian production company Telemaco explores the latest scientific evidence and reveals dramatic new witness testimony, which directly conflicts with the US Governments account.

See it on youtube.. in 10 parts of about 10 minutes each.

Part 1 http://au.youtube.com/wat...

For parts 2-10 click on the right.

UPDATE: IN CASE YOU COULDN'T FIND PART 10 http://au.youtube.com/wat...

Featuring presentations from intellectual heavy weights; Gore Vidal, and Nobel Prize winner Dario Fo, the film challenges assumptions surrounding the attacks. In the words of Italian daily newspaper Il Corriere de la Sera "What results is a sequence of contradictions, gaps and omissions of stunning gravity".

The importance of this film can not be overstated, if its thesis is correct, the justification for declaring the war on terror is built on a series of outrageous lies.

For two hours the voices of Nobel Prize winner, Dario Fo, Lella Costa, Gore Vidal and Moni Ovadia link images and testimonies attacking the official version, melting it all down to a joke for suckers. -La Repubblica

The bomb at the Festa del Cinema is called Zero. An incendiary documentary

Globe 5 years, 7 months ago

1. So where is his list of people who felt the explosion from below?

2. If he felt the explosion from at subbasement it would have been felt by everyone on the main floor which would have had likely about 200 people on it by 8:45 in the morning. I say this because he felt the explosion from 100 stories above him.

3. I bet my mother's caserole recipe that this clown was late that day and never even showed up that day.

4. Since he wasn't there that morning he told everyone there was an explosion from below, just like in the previous attack. First rule of lying is stick to your story and it sounds like this is what he is doing.

5. According to his own words he is using his experience to tour the country to give motivational speeches. Can you say $$$$$?

6. I am glad that he can tell from which direction a shaking building is being shaken, because no one else could because no one on his list is with him on Rosey's blog.