Braeden Sullivan: An apology to Craig

To the Moffat County community, fans, coaches and players, I would like to apologize for my actions as a Moffat County High School football player and student.

Emotions were running high on the Friday of homecoming.

I had the poor judgment of throwing a condom to parade spectators, which ended up in the hands of a 2-year-old child standing next to his parent.

It was very immature of me to try and impress my fellow upperclassmen. I regret my actions. In retrospect, it was not humorous whatsoever.

Mrs. Gloria Moore, I hope you will forgive me for embarrassing you, my team, my coaches, my community and myself. I, very much, regret my actions.

Braeden Sullivan

Craig

Comments

misterkindbuds 5 years, 6 months ago

Don't be so hard on yourself, kid.

I found it funny and you impressed me!

It might have been a stupid thing to do and and upsetting to the little boys mother, but it takes a lot of guts to write to the paper and admit you messed up and let the whole town know by putting your name to that letter that it was you! I think that says something about your character.

grannyrett 5 years, 6 months ago

lonely-I agree with you. Braeden-you made a big mistake, but you just took a big step forward into adulthood by admiting it in such a public way. Thank you.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 6 months ago

Good job son. Standing up like this shows alot of character.

carn 5 years, 6 months ago

I'm proud of you Braeden - not for your initial action but what you've done to rectify it. Never be afraid to admit you are wrong, or to say you're sorry. Keep that in mind and you will go far in life, not to mention have a happy marriage someday!

Patrick Germond 5 years, 6 months ago

Ok, I gotta say that took Braeden alot of courage to apologize. This is patrick's daughter Harley and Braeden is a friend to me, I dont know him all that well but I know he is a good guy. Ya know that is what homecoming is like. Some teenagers just dont care, but I am a 13 year old girl and I go to homecoming every year and it is the funniest thing ever. All though poeple are up there kissing, makingout and cussing, it doesn't mean the parents are horrible, yeah it does refleact bad on the parents but some parents dont know what their kids are doing up there. I make sure Im on my best behavior up there because alot of people know me and would look at me wrong because they know my dad. You have to just ignore the fact that those teenagers are just imature and stupid to do that in front of children, I would know because i have 3 younger siblings.

native_craig_guy 5 years, 6 months ago

Do not worry Braeden I am sure that this issue will be swept under the rug as are most indisrections concerning athletes at MCHS. While you did show some self respect for apologizing it was completely innapropriate for you to do so in the first place and you should be reprimanded for this by the adminstration at the High School.

OH for heavens sake! like your so perfect and never do ANYthing to upset others??? He's a teenager and he messed up and I'd bet his parents, grandparents and any other memebers of his family all gave him what for!!! For all we know the coach probably punished him too?

dogfan 5 years, 6 months ago

Excellent job young man. I am sure that everybody that replies here at one time or another has screwed up and it took alot of guts to write the letter and sign your name to it. Mom and Dad should be proud.