Jackie Welch: Actions were cruel

Cat person or dog person, which one are you?

It doesn't truly matter. When your pet is cruelly shot with a pellet gun and then left to suffer, it is a crime. The pain of the pet and the financial hardship it places on the pet owner should weigh upon your conscience, or at least your mind.

Jackie Welch

Comments

GreyStone 5 years, 12 months ago

Lady,

Why would you ask your neighbors to take charge of your pet then shoot your pet?

I think you do not need a pet

als362 5 years, 12 months ago

I believe that Jackie Welch would keep her animals on her own property, this issue would never come up. If you are not responsible for your own animals, then you will force me to take responsibility for them.

GreyStone 5 years, 12 months ago

Agree. Some people do not have the maturity nor responsibility needed to own a pet.

How do you know they weren't on her property?? She doesn't say in the letter that the dog/cat was running around outside her fence or anything??

als362 5 years, 11 months ago

Because the animal being on the street is the only thing that makes sense, that is why.

50cal 5 years, 11 months ago

another attempt of someone to point the blame at someone else. next time I would suggest something a little bigger so she won't have to take it to the vet. .223 or 22-250 works rather nice.

als I think you need to read her letter again. She never says her pet was in the street. This is the lady whose pet was shot with a pellet gun, so maybe you should back off with your pissy little comments!

GreyStone 5 years, 11 months ago

lonelyone,

"So, I ask of my neighbors, the next time you pick up your pellet gun to take charge of the neighborhood pets, please ask yourself, do you want to explain to children how someone could be so cruel or would you perhaps care to pay for the vet bills that follow? It makes me sad to think that people can be so cold and callous because they feel inconvenienced."

This letter clearly states that she is upset when someone shot her pet with a pellet gun while the pet was inconveniencing a neighbor or more bluntly taking a dump in their yard, eating out of the trash can or some other perverted pet thing.

Second, she wants some one to pay her vet bill.

the pet could be a dog who barks at many things that make a dog bark! I don't really know and again she never said the pet was out of her yard. And yes because someone maybe didn't get enough coffee that morning and took it out on an animal being an animal and they do harm which requires a vet, maybe they should be ticketed and made to pay a vet bill. For years our neighbors dogs barked when ever we went outside of our house. Drove us crazy and made us damn made a time or two too, but now that we've got small dogs and one likes to bark at the wind, Now our dogs upset them sometimes. And try as I might, I can't get them to quiet down when they've got something in their minds to bark at. I don't know this woman anyway so maybe she is a bad pet owner and doesn't keep her dog in her yard and maybe it does do it's business where ever it feels like and gets into the neighbor hood trash cans. Maybe the neighbors have tried to get her to keep the dog in her yard, but take it out on the woman, not a dog who is just being a dog!