Sabrina Bowersox: Our pet was part of our family

— To the editor:

Monday was a regular day like any other. I got my children up and we went to clean our church and run an errand. On our return home we turned the corner on First and Mack Lane to find our 12-month-old lab dead in the road. Mind you I have 3 children in the car younger than 6 years of age.

Our beautiful black lab was not a sight for any child to see, especially since their older sister ran away in April. What I am writing to you about is that there is one very cold-hearted person out there who never called the police or the vets or whomever; they just left Diamond there to die.

I can only hope that person doesn't have pets. I just don't see how anyone could hit any animal with his or her vehicle and not stop to help or call someone. Our pets are part of the family.

Thank you.

Sabrina Bowersox and family

Comments

grannyrett 6 years, 6 months ago

My thoughts exactly. Sabrina--If you loved your dog so much, why was he out? Why wasn't he in a fenced yard or in the house, where he would be safe? That is part of pet ownership. It wasn't some poor drivers fault that your dog ran out in the street and got hit. It was yours.

50cal 6 years, 6 months ago

exactly, if you can't take better care of things its not everyone elses fault.

50cal 6 years ago

sounds like she should have shot the yorkie with a pellet gun and then her problems would have been over.

breeze_n_life 6 years ago

So I apoligize I didn't see these comments sooner. However my dog was fenced in! The neighbors yorkie was NOT. Another neighbor tried to calm my girls down when the little twit was out harrassing my FENCED girls. After some time, they jumped the fence for the VERY FIRST TIME. Obviously it was the last for one of my girls. GET THE FACTS BEFORE YOU ACCUSE. Further more all my pets are spayed and nuetered and up to date on their shots. I am a very responsible pet owner. Good Day

GreyStone 6 years ago

What!!!!

Why did you fence in, spayed and neuter your girls: no wonder they jumped the fence. Did the yorkie neighbor jump the fence and get squished by a truck ?

Ray Cartwright 6 years ago

My hell, Greystone, can't you read or what? It can't be that hard to understand. Her girls were fenced, spayed, and up to date on their shots. The Neighbors Yorkie was loose and got her dogs excited and they jumped the fence for the first time. What part am I missing, I feel sorry for her loss and I am sorry that her children had to witness the death of their pet and companion, and leave it at that.

GreyStone 6 years ago

The girls jumped the fence, OK. How did the dog get run over by the truck ? Did the dog follow the girle over the fence?

lonelyone 6 years ago

Greystone, I think her "girls" are the dogs! Many pet owners do that sort of thing. We've got two femaile dogs and we call them the girls all the time, but then we know what we're talking about!!!..........sometimes!

Craig_gal 6 years ago

ha ha ha ohhhhh no 50cal. your gonna get a truck load of guff over that comment. too funny

lonelyone 6 years ago

50cal, i can only shake my head at your comment. bad boy!!

50cal 6 years ago

I'm tired of everything is someone else's fault. no personal responsibility. someones dog is out and gets shot your dog or cat gets ran over and its the drivers fault. point the finger at them and remember three others are pointing at you.

breeze_n_life 6 years ago

Thank you dentedfender. I am not blaming just anyone I am blaming the yorkie owner for poor pet care and the driver I am not blaming for hitting the dog she was obviously in the street, I am saying the driver never even stopped or called 911. If everyone thought of everyone else as family in this valley we would have a much nicer valley to live in. Looking out for each other like you would if someone was a niece or nephew, brother or sister,mom or dad, your family pet! But then of course I suppose saying that will provoke rude comments as well. Be Blessed today and know that what you wish or think on others just like the pointed finger with 3 back at ya always comes round full circle. BE NICE TO YOUR NEIGHBORS! Have a great day Craig America.

oldsage 6 years ago

GreyStone, what else can be said about your intelligence that the rest of us have not observed in your latest posts?

GreyStone 5 years, 5 months ago

OldSager,

Sorry it took so long to reply to your dimwitted response, but you can appreciate the situation more that most other people in this situation.

CRS 35-43-126 Dog Worrying Stock: Provides that ANY person may shoot any dog which barks at, runs after, or chases livestock; and that such owner of such dog is financially liable for all damages done by it.