Patrick Wayne Germond: Not a reasonable stance

This is in response to Ryan Neece's letter to the editor Monday. He was appalled about the Democratic Congress and the President's policy on foreign wire tapping, a position that Barack Obama now endorses.

Ryan sounds like a great guy who cares about America, but if he said this at work, I would smile and insist he take a drug test. Having sympathy for the terrorist still is not a reasonable stance.

This year, the number of people who are on the black list and are trying to get into the U.S. has risen sharply. Now is not the time to forget that these are the people who want to kill you and your family, Ryan.

Let us realize now, and soon to be recorded in history forever, that President Bush sent our brave American troops to a rogue Arab state and kicked their butt.

They did it loud and proud and won right in al-Qaeda's front yard.

As a closing note, President Bush personally lowered oil $20 a barrel by lifting the executive ban on off-shore drilling. This movement of half our government now limits how much speculators can scare buyers about an oil shortage.

Looks like it's just Nancy Pelosi and her liberals who are keeping fuel prices high and hurting working class Americans. Don't forget in 2005 Nancy and the Democrats promised to lower fuel prices.

This election will be up for grabs 100 percent across the board. The need for a Republican President and Congress is now.

Patrick Wayne Germond

Comments

Sage_Sam 5 years, 9 months ago

I'm just glad that Patrick never lets facts, rationale or reason ever get in the way of his partisan rambings.

George Robertson 5 years, 9 months ago

Why, because you want some of the ones he's taking?

50cal 5 years, 9 months ago

pat, do you ever get the feeling that your out there all alone? i usually agree with you on your letters to the editor. i might like to see the tone change a little so maybe the people out there would listen a little coming off the way you do makes people shut down the thinking skills they have before they finish your artical. Now you know that this kid is 15 years old right? so lets see he was 8 years old when 9/11 happened.So we can look at it this way, what he is fed in his home is what he put in his letter. I would think he is probably getting the liberal kool aid from his parents so instead of ridiculing a kid for not understanding the facts. Lets ask him to look up the facts and base his opinions on them.

Ryan_Neece 5 years, 9 months ago

In response to 50Cal, yes, I was 8 years old when 9/11 happened, I am proud that you can determine that. Now, my parents brought me up in their family, and although they are liberals themselves, they rarely would talk to me about what was going on. Most of what I know and based my editorial off of was FACTS that I garnered through various sources, such as "The New York Times", "Time Magazine", the "Red Cross" and various others of lesser recognition. If you want to argue that these sources are biased, go for it, but the simple, undeniable fact is that they list the shortcomings of many major events, including the Iraq War, 9/11 and the Bush Administration. I heard a great deal of stories about "those darned liberals", which I would check online to determine if they were true or not. And I'd say, about 70-80% of the time, they were not. Now, you state my age as the debilitating factor in this argument, however, if it were an 18 year old in my place, whether they were arguing on the liberal or conservative side, it would go unnoticed, and he would not be looked upon in distaste.

So, I can assure you, I gain all my information through my own processes, rarely, if ever, using my parents/family. All thoughts are my own, and I support them 100%. Thank you.

50cal 5 years, 9 months ago

you forget ryan that the rest of us were eighteen once as well and the differance between a fifteen and eighteen year old know it all is nil. I don't listen to either for my opinions. you can list all of the publications above that you want to. you still have not listed one fact to base your opinion on the corruption of the bush admin. If you are raised in a liberal household then chances are you will be influenced by the opinions talked about in that house. Whether you asked about them or not. I don't remember saying one word about conservitives Ryan so don't take this as an attack from a conservitive.Take it for what it is. a little advise that backing up your opinions with facts will go alot further than no facts.

grannyrett 5 years, 9 months ago

50--What is it called when you aren't a liberal, but not really a conservative? That's what we need more of.

50cal 5 years, 9 months ago

libratarian, I reregistered myself. got walked away from by the repulicans. Can't handle appeasment.

Ryan, don't take any of this personal. Your age is a factor in this discussion and I don't really thing being 18 would make a big difference. Some people just don't think ALL these things should be blamed on Bush. I don't think it's all his fault either. I think others are to blame also...........but that is just my opinion.

cantstandtexans 5 years, 9 months ago

To Ryan Neece. Good work!! I guess that since you're only 18..and being 18 qualifies you to go kill them thar terrorist that Dufus Bush refers to... I guess that makes your comments have a hell of a lot of weight!! I find it rather amusing that here is Mr. Germond claiming that Al Qaeda was stopped in their own back yard. FALSE!!! Mr Germond wants everyone believe that the Iraq war was a worthy and justified unilateral war. FALSE!! Thousands of U.S. soldiers has died for a ideology of the Right Wing...extremist Right wing Fascist that Mr. Germond wants to praise!!

Let's see here. Mr. V.P. served in the armed services? NOPE!! Deferments galore! Paul Wolfowitz..the author of the "Project of the New American Century" and the Unilateral justification it preaches? NOPE! Donald Rumsfeld? NOPE!! Pat Buchanan? NOPE!! Dufus Bush? Ran to Alabama and disappeared...he's a coward and cowards run!! Rush Limbaugh and his perpetual idiotic dialoge...did he serve? NAH...He had a cest on his ass!! Poor guy! While 50,000+ Americans died in Viet nam, Limbaugh was nursing a boil on his butt and could not serve FOR HIS (??!!!) country!

It's not hard to find the correct info about the bogus war in Iraq as is the truth about the treasonous activities of this current administration.

Bottm line...Mr. Germond simply hates liberals. You know...cut your nose off dispite you face type hatred?! YES!! Simply amazing! Bias facts are nothing but lies...and this is what Mr. Germond is doing....lying!!

grannyrett 5 years, 9 months ago

cantstand--Go take a nap. Your post are so full of hate for anyone who disagrees with you they are tiring. Go run for office so we can all shoot you out of the saddle.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

Hay "Lost my wife to a Texan", I must of hit it pretty close eh? Blogs like yours make it all worth it.

Ryan's 15 and he's in more control than you.

grannyrett 5 years, 9 months ago

I hope you are refering about the descendant of Ham and not the idiot, jerk definition.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

Nimrod and cantstandtexans, your scaring my wife and she says I can't play anymore. I'll catch you on my next article. Thank you for your input.

Patrick, I think nimrod is harmless, Can'tstand, I'm not to sure about. I could be wrong on both of them. But I think you should stay and play if it suits you. If not, come again another day. Your letters to the editor are a bit on the whacky side and make for some fun posts.......usually!

cantstandtexans 5 years, 9 months ago

See how intelligent this Mr. Germond is?!! I HATE TEXANS!! Where the hell is he getting this warp idea that I'm from Texas?!! OH...that's right....no reasoning power. Must be a Texan!!! No matter...I'm amused by the ideology that the Extremist Right have vexed on most of you people. And by the way...how many young men lied about their age and enlisted in WW2 and fought and died for this country. More than you may understand. Lonelyone....you would understand my feeling towards the Right if you knew things that I cannot discuss about the many criminal activities committed by "DEDICATED" Right Wing people. They ran for their well being...or they would have found themselves in a Federal Prison!!! And covered their tracks as quickly as possible. And they called themselves...AMERICANS THAT LOVE THEIR COUNTRY!! B.S!! They loved their ideology and political party and didn't give a damned for the 'Law of this Land"!!! And by the way..the current administration is many times more corrupt than these I'm speaking of. You can doubt this from me....won't change the truth nor the facts. McBush is just another extension of the corrupt Right!! Is the Left corrupt? OH HELL YES!!! It's just for this election...which party is the LEAST Evil this election cycle? Well...the Right Wing has shown this for the whole world to see this answer!! How many more laws of the Constitution must be crumbled and spit on by the GOP before most of you understand the answer to this!!!

grannyrett 5 years, 9 months ago

cantstand--Okay, you ranted. Now go take your meds.

Can'tstand, I think Pat meant that YOU lost your wife to a texan, not that you are a texan! Heck I don't know if you've even been married or why you call yourself that? Your just so "in your face" with your comments that even if you make a good point, no one wants to hear it!!

cantstandtexans 5 years, 9 months ago

LIKE I GIVE A DANMED WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK??!! HAHAHAHA!! I stick around to piss you people off!! Got a problem with that?! I'm not phased because I consider the source. So up yours Buckwheat!! And anyone else's for that matter. So...when someone tells me to go take some medication...they must have to take them for their own mental depression. I'm fine!! And healthy...and educated...open minded...and certainly not afraid of much of anything or...anyone. TATA! Oh...the way grannyrett...please do tell...what medication are you having to take daily??!!! Since you're accusing me of such!

ColoNative 5 years, 9 months ago

wow - that gives a new meaning to the phrase "take a pill". Sounds to me like Prozac might work here pretty good.

cantstandtexans 5 years, 9 months ago

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSFPH!!!! Prozac is for depression...or did you not know this??!!! Nope....you didn't. Figures.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

Cantstand, you are hilarious. I don't agree with you but I can't look away. Your like a fat guy that wont quit eating cheese burgers, you just keep going.

cantstandtexans 5 years, 9 months ago

But uh...I'm not fat!! Are you?! And it's obvious that you're not good with words nor are yu stating an argument that stands the test of accuracy!! So uh....while I'm at it....grannyrett...how many cheese burgers do you suck down on a weekly basis??!! I NEVER...eat burgers...PEROID!! So...while you....educated people.....slurp down your Right wing B.S.....take a long drink of water....carp is a little difficult to swallow...so I've been told!!! Want to inform me on this?!!

Ray Cartwright 5 years, 9 months ago

The difference between someone who eats burgers and someone who doesn't is; the one who doesn't is just a poorer hunter. LOL

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

Texas, you need to quit licking frogs, lay off the red bull, and put your clothes back on. Come back to reality. In fact you need to do a focused article for the paper. I'd like to see if you can control yourself enough to make a persuasive argument. Everyone benefits by upstanding discussion.In fact next time I run one of my articles I'll try and post it to you so you can put a rebuttal in along with it. How about big guy?

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

Here's an example. I wrote this and forwarded it to one to some certain people to help them understand their sortcomings, motivate them, and give them some direction. I didn't put in the paper for print however, I figuered it would be better recieved without public humiliation.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

Dear Editor, As much as I'd like to congratulate the Republicans on their meeting July 24,2008 I can not. They held a meeting at the Craig Fire Department and I was not invited, in fact Craig was not invited. There were no ads in the newspaper, when the Craig Daily Press forgot to put the meeting in the date book of upcoming community events none of the candidates called into correct the oversight. These oversights are a problem nationwide with the Republican Party. The Democrats hold rock concerts and the Republicans meet in a janitors closet at some fire station. Obama speaks at the Berlin Wall and McCain gets interviewed in the cheese section of some supermarket. Craig is a stronghold of Republicans in Colorado. A reporter at the event told me only 4-5 people showed up at their central committee meeting. I have more people than that in my family. This is how future events should be planned. First, a good back drop, or perhaps where there's a local problem. Second, how about a three day ad in the local paper. It costs $150 for three days. Get the word out about the meeting. Three, have a draw to the event, like Three Dog Night, they came here any way. Pick times for the meetings when people are going to be out and about attending other attractions around Craig. Fourth, pick good district leaders, ones with teenagers that can hand out fliers for up coming events. Fifth, network out your e-mail. Ten people e-mail ten other people and also invite or bring friends to the events.
The reason for all this consternation is simple. New voters or soon to be voters that want to participate. Ones like young Ryan Neece who is 15 years old and writing political articles in the paper.
We need to step up our game and go big time. Think globally, act locally. If any of the Republican candidates have ever thought about being a player in the larger picture now is the time to start shining. The races in Colorado are so close if Moffat County could up its Republican turn out by ten percent we could send a Republican to the Senate and shut down Nancy Pelosi. I tell my daughters when they are playing soccer and they have to kick back as a goalie to aim for the other goal. If they miss, it will still be impressive.
I'd like to close with my congratulations to the National Democratic Committee, for the second election season in a row they've ran some great campaigns backed up by stagecraft and planning. Obama has every hippie in the U.S. sending him their spare change. Hopefully, Republicans can take some winning tactics out of their play book. Patrick Wayne Germond

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

50 Cal, I have to ask myself that alot. I do it so maybe the younger generation that's just trying to get by and can't spend time on politics can have the same opportunity that we had. I owe it to my children. I would much rather mind my own business and let those hired to do the job, do it, and make reasonable decisions. Like in the good old days. I hate writing articles with my name on them, but our kids don't have the depth to do it so I will. The canidates are trying to please all the people they can so they limit what they say. I however, never plan to run so I can represent the Republican view in a bolder way because I'm not wanting anything from the public like votes.

50cal 5 years, 9 months ago

guess you missed my point. I was a registered republican, they walked away from me i didn't walk away from them.worst part is there is no one out there you can join who can win against the big machine politics. Look at JFK he would have been considered a republican by todays standards. Reagan was a democrat who felt the party walked away from him. Now I worry that if I don't walk away then they will not listen. The democrates have got every conservitive believing that politcal correctness will kill them while a democrate can say whatever to whoever and get away with it. ITS WORKING.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

50, I know what you mean. I agree with all you said. I've just got to try.

50cal 5 years, 9 months ago

you know pat i put on this page a link for taxslave to go look at shows the last of 500 metric tons of yellow cake uranium being shiped out of Iraq into canada. No one hears about this and then some claim that its nonexistant. this is definatly not a conservitive site maybe you should go check it out. but i really think no one is listening anymore. the dems have their massiah and that worries me.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 9 months ago

I seen that. I think I'll check it out Saturday or later tonight. I will be the first to admit that I look the other way on purpose when it comes to the "out house" ways of Washington. I think a person has to or they would just give up. I'm going to stand firm and at least try and make an atempt to affect or county and state in a positive way. I could never live with myself if it all goes south and I never spoke out or stood up for working class people. Regardless of party, I only have a problem with the far left. I don't care about a moderate sea saw affect but, Obama scares the crap out of me. He made Hillarey look good.

cantstandtexans 5 years, 8 months ago

If you're a Reeeeeeeeeeepublican...I couldn't even begin to have a informed conversation. Not because..YOU...Rigthies have an argument. The argument you consistently use is nothing more than..THEM AGIN US'N!! I'm amused everytime I see someone spewing out of their ignorance that I'm an extreme communist and dope smoker...running around naked....free love..(What the hell is wrong with free love by the way????!!!! How much of that goes on inand around Craig??!! Hell..I like it!!) ) These arguments here are not about the corruption by this current administration and the bogus attempts to vindicate the Iraq war! THE REASONS FOR THE IRAQ WAR WERE FABRICATED AND EXXAGGERATED!!! MADE UP!! SADDAM'S GONNA KILL US ALL!! And you believe this??!! And you want...ME...to try and submit informed comments?? Oh God!! Unbelievable!! McBush is not mentally fit to hold the office he seeks. Have you honestly listen to his rhetoric and misquotes...and reasoning??!! And Mr. Germond says the Obama scares the crap out of him? Stop listeining to Ruuuuuuushhh!! And False Noise and the propaganda they vomit out fo their minds everytime their mouth opens!!! THE IRAQ WAR WAS A WAR OF IDEOLOGY FROM THE EXTREMIST RIGHT!! And McBush believes these lies evidently since his only platform his banging on is the Iraq war...that should tell you everything you need to understand about McBush!! But I guess you'll not believe this...not surprising! These reasons about McBush's imaginary versions towards war and the economy should be the argument here!! But again.."IT'S US'N AGIN YOU'NS!!! Briiliant argument!!

50cal 5 years, 8 months ago

thats right Pat I can't believe you would ask makelovetotexan for an informed opinion either!

Patrick Germond 5 years, 8 months ago

You guy's are to much. This stuff is almost good enough to take on the road. It takes me a while to quit laughing. My all time best friend was a liberal like cantstand and we used to have the best times just making fun of each other. We learned not to take each other to seriously or ourselves. I really do like giving cantstand crap, I hope you don't get mad, I am after all just pullin your chain.

Ray Cartwright 5 years, 8 months ago

Sounds like Patrick knows Cantstand better than we all think. hehe

Patrick Germond 5 years, 8 months ago

Cantstand, free love is ok as long as it's not with your sister.

taxslave 5 years, 8 months ago

....And to the REPUBLIC for which it stands.....

These people aren't Republicans. Not a Constitutionalists in the bunch...and obama is a Constitional lawyer? Geeez.

Nor are we to be a Democracy. No one even knows what a Republic is any longer. Control the markets, freddie and fannie?....No way is that Republican....

Republicans stand for free markets, sound money. There is nothing free or sound about our system.

The meetings of the republican party has been keep quiet on purpose...so there can be no opposition to "their" candidate.

I'm a smarter republican than that.....McEmbarrassment will in no way get my vote....neither will obama the rockstar.....lesser of two evils is still evil..(sorry Rep. party, no sheep in my house).

50cal 5 years, 8 months ago

tax, your still a republican? I am a strict constitutionalist and the republican party for which it stands is not any more. They are the right side of the democrate party. obama is a communist there is no question of that. McCain is little better, so whats it to be? the revoltion in the streets as makelovetoatexan suggestes? I took an oath to uphold and protect the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. But its becoming clear that those are to numerious to even count anymore. Have your escape plan my friend

Patrick Germond 5 years, 8 months ago

50, I took that same oath. It's getting to be a pretty tall order. I don't mind some things not going the way I like, heck I've been wrong enough to realize I should not be incharge of a troop of girl scouts. However, when certain pricipals of reality that we all live by start being violated, even me and the scouts can see the problem. Here's one that made milk come out of my nose. Jesse Jackson going around making everone apologize for using the "n" word and then he does it. Another one was $4.50 for a gallon of gas and John M. not want wanting to drill in the ugliest, coldest, bleakest, God forsaken place on Earth because some idiot made it a refuge. Golly gee, wouldn't it be great if we could all have every thing we want insted of having to make hard choices. Maybe I'll put a sail on top of my car and "cantstand" and Al Gore will blow me to where I need to go.

50cal 5 years, 8 months ago

Pat, I say drill through the head of any animal that isn't smart enough to get out of the way of the drill. I hate reliance on terrorist oil. The powers that be, while I do not think there is a conspiriousy to do it are making a concerted effort to bring left wing ideas into the mainstream of our culture. Entitlements, welfare, public health care, bogus stimulas checks from our new god the government. These are all redistrubution of wealth. I don't want that, I want the way the constitution provided it. Each person is free to decide how to get their persuit of happiness. Not we will provide your happiness. I can't be a compassionate conserveitive. If some one wants to stand out on the street corner and beg for money or food then I don't feel a need to help them because they are not willing to help themselves.

Patrick Germond 5 years, 8 months ago

I agree. I've got to start work on an oil and gas story for this week. We just got through with our editors board meeting. I think we might be able to sway this thing with the current public opinion shifting. Collin at the paper will do one and I'm going to try and back him up with an editorial.So look for those. Talk with ya later.

50cal 5 years, 8 months ago

will do, I keep forgetting to congraduate you on the position so have at em and congrats.