Patrick Wayne Germond: Not a reasonable stance

This is in response to Ryan Neece's letter to the editor Monday. He was appalled about the Democratic Congress and the President's policy on foreign wire tapping, a position that Barack Obama now endorses.

Ryan sounds like a great guy who cares about America, but if he said this at work, I would smile and insist he take a drug test. Having sympathy for the terrorist still is not a reasonable stance.

This year, the number of people who are on the black list and are trying to get into the U.S. has risen sharply. Now is not the time to forget that these are the people who want to kill you and your family, Ryan.

Let us realize now, and soon to be recorded in history forever, that President Bush sent our brave American troops to a rogue Arab state and kicked their butt.

They did it loud and proud and won right in al-Qaeda's front yard.

As a closing note, President Bush personally lowered oil $20 a barrel by lifting the executive ban on off-shore drilling. This movement of half our government now limits how much speculators can scare buyers about an oil shortage.

Looks like it's just Nancy Pelosi and her liberals who are keeping fuel prices high and hurting working class Americans. Don't forget in 2005 Nancy and the Democrats promised to lower fuel prices.

This election will be up for grabs 100 percent across the board. The need for a Republican President and Congress is now.

Patrick Wayne Germond

Comments

Sage_Sam 6 years, 5 months ago

I'm just glad that Patrick never lets facts, rationale or reason ever get in the way of his partisan rambings.

George Robertson 6 years, 5 months ago

Why, because you want some of the ones he's taking?

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

pat, do you ever get the feeling that your out there all alone? i usually agree with you on your letters to the editor. i might like to see the tone change a little so maybe the people out there would listen a little coming off the way you do makes people shut down the thinking skills they have before they finish your artical. Now you know that this kid is 15 years old right? so lets see he was 8 years old when 9/11 happened.So we can look at it this way, what he is fed in his home is what he put in his letter. I would think he is probably getting the liberal kool aid from his parents so instead of ridiculing a kid for not understanding the facts. Lets ask him to look up the facts and base his opinions on them.

Ryan_Neece 6 years, 5 months ago

In response to 50Cal, yes, I was 8 years old when 9/11 happened, I am proud that you can determine that. Now, my parents brought me up in their family, and although they are liberals themselves, they rarely would talk to me about what was going on. Most of what I know and based my editorial off of was FACTS that I garnered through various sources, such as "The New York Times", "Time Magazine", the "Red Cross" and various others of lesser recognition. If you want to argue that these sources are biased, go for it, but the simple, undeniable fact is that they list the shortcomings of many major events, including the Iraq War, 9/11 and the Bush Administration. I heard a great deal of stories about "those darned liberals", which I would check online to determine if they were true or not. And I'd say, about 70-80% of the time, they were not. Now, you state my age as the debilitating factor in this argument, however, if it were an 18 year old in my place, whether they were arguing on the liberal or conservative side, it would go unnoticed, and he would not be looked upon in distaste.

So, I can assure you, I gain all my information through my own processes, rarely, if ever, using my parents/family. All thoughts are my own, and I support them 100%. Thank you.

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

you forget ryan that the rest of us were eighteen once as well and the differance between a fifteen and eighteen year old know it all is nil. I don't listen to either for my opinions. you can list all of the publications above that you want to. you still have not listed one fact to base your opinion on the corruption of the bush admin. If you are raised in a liberal household then chances are you will be influenced by the opinions talked about in that house. Whether you asked about them or not. I don't remember saying one word about conservitives Ryan so don't take this as an attack from a conservitive.Take it for what it is. a little advise that backing up your opinions with facts will go alot further than no facts.

grannyrett 6 years, 5 months ago

50--What is it called when you aren't a liberal, but not really a conservative? That's what we need more of.

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

libratarian, I reregistered myself. got walked away from by the repulicans. Can't handle appeasment.

Ryan, don't take any of this personal. Your age is a factor in this discussion and I don't really thing being 18 would make a big difference. Some people just don't think ALL these things should be blamed on Bush. I don't think it's all his fault either. I think others are to blame also...........but that is just my opinion.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

To Ryan Neece. Good work!! I guess that since you're only 18..and being 18 qualifies you to go kill them thar terrorist that Dufus Bush refers to... I guess that makes your comments have a hell of a lot of weight!! I find it rather amusing that here is Mr. Germond claiming that Al Qaeda was stopped in their own back yard. FALSE!!! Mr Germond wants everyone believe that the Iraq war was a worthy and justified unilateral war. FALSE!! Thousands of U.S. soldiers has died for a ideology of the Right Wing...extremist Right wing Fascist that Mr. Germond wants to praise!!

Let's see here. Mr. V.P. served in the armed services? NOPE!! Deferments galore! Paul Wolfowitz..the author of the "Project of the New American Century" and the Unilateral justification it preaches? NOPE! Donald Rumsfeld? NOPE!! Pat Buchanan? NOPE!! Dufus Bush? Ran to Alabama and disappeared...he's a coward and cowards run!! Rush Limbaugh and his perpetual idiotic dialoge...did he serve? NAH...He had a cest on his ass!! Poor guy! While 50,000+ Americans died in Viet nam, Limbaugh was nursing a boil on his butt and could not serve FOR HIS (??!!!) country!

It's not hard to find the correct info about the bogus war in Iraq as is the truth about the treasonous activities of this current administration.

Bottm line...Mr. Germond simply hates liberals. You know...cut your nose off dispite you face type hatred?! YES!! Simply amazing! Bias facts are nothing but lies...and this is what Mr. Germond is doing....lying!!

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

cantstand--Go take a nap. Your post are so full of hate for anyone who disagrees with you they are tiring. Go run for office so we can all shoot you out of the saddle.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

I hope you are refering about the descendant of Ham and not the idiot, jerk definition.

Patrick, I think nimrod is harmless, Can'tstand, I'm not to sure about. I could be wrong on both of them. But I think you should stay and play if it suits you. If not, come again another day. Your letters to the editor are a bit on the whacky side and make for some fun posts.......usually!

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

See how intelligent this Mr. Germond is?!! I HATE TEXANS!! Where the hell is he getting this warp idea that I'm from Texas?!! OH...that's right....no reasoning power. Must be a Texan!!! No matter...I'm amused by the ideology that the Extremist Right have vexed on most of you people. And by the way...how many young men lied about their age and enlisted in WW2 and fought and died for this country. More than you may understand. Lonelyone....you would understand my feeling towards the Right if you knew things that I cannot discuss about the many criminal activities committed by "DEDICATED" Right Wing people. They ran for their well being...or they would have found themselves in a Federal Prison!!! And covered their tracks as quickly as possible. And they called themselves...AMERICANS THAT LOVE THEIR COUNTRY!! B.S!! They loved their ideology and political party and didn't give a damned for the 'Law of this Land"!!! And by the way..the current administration is many times more corrupt than these I'm speaking of. You can doubt this from me....won't change the truth nor the facts. McBush is just another extension of the corrupt Right!! Is the Left corrupt? OH HELL YES!!! It's just for this election...which party is the LEAST Evil this election cycle? Well...the Right Wing has shown this for the whole world to see this answer!! How many more laws of the Constitution must be crumbled and spit on by the GOP before most of you understand the answer to this!!!

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

cantstand--Okay, you ranted. Now go take your meds.

Can'tstand, I think Pat meant that YOU lost your wife to a texan, not that you are a texan! Heck I don't know if you've even been married or why you call yourself that? Your just so "in your face" with your comments that even if you make a good point, no one wants to hear it!!

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

LIKE I GIVE A DANMED WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK??!! HAHAHAHA!! I stick around to piss you people off!! Got a problem with that?! I'm not phased because I consider the source. So up yours Buckwheat!! And anyone else's for that matter. So...when someone tells me to go take some medication...they must have to take them for their own mental depression. I'm fine!! And healthy...and educated...open minded...and certainly not afraid of much of anything or...anyone. TATA! Oh...the way grannyrett...please do tell...what medication are you having to take daily??!!! Since you're accusing me of such!

ColoNative 6 years, 4 months ago

wow - that gives a new meaning to the phrase "take a pill". Sounds to me like Prozac might work here pretty good.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSFPH!!!! Prozac is for depression...or did you not know this??!!! Nope....you didn't. Figures.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

But uh...I'm not fat!! Are you?! And it's obvious that you're not good with words nor are yu stating an argument that stands the test of accuracy!! So uh....while I'm at it....grannyrett...how many cheese burgers do you suck down on a weekly basis??!! I NEVER...eat burgers...PEROID!! So...while you....educated people.....slurp down your Right wing B.S.....take a long drink of water....carp is a little difficult to swallow...so I've been told!!! Want to inform me on this?!!

Ray Cartwright 6 years, 4 months ago

The difference between someone who eats burgers and someone who doesn't is; the one who doesn't is just a poorer hunter. LOL

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

guess you missed my point. I was a registered republican, they walked away from me i didn't walk away from them.worst part is there is no one out there you can join who can win against the big machine politics. Look at JFK he would have been considered a republican by todays standards. Reagan was a democrat who felt the party walked away from him. Now I worry that if I don't walk away then they will not listen. The democrates have got every conservitive believing that politcal correctness will kill them while a democrate can say whatever to whoever and get away with it. ITS WORKING.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

you know pat i put on this page a link for taxslave to go look at shows the last of 500 metric tons of yellow cake uranium being shiped out of Iraq into canada. No one hears about this and then some claim that its nonexistant. this is definatly not a conservitive site maybe you should go check it out. but i really think no one is listening anymore. the dems have their massiah and that worries me.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

If you're a Reeeeeeeeeeepublican...I couldn't even begin to have a informed conversation. Not because..YOU...Rigthies have an argument. The argument you consistently use is nothing more than..THEM AGIN US'N!! I'm amused everytime I see someone spewing out of their ignorance that I'm an extreme communist and dope smoker...running around naked....free love..(What the hell is wrong with free love by the way????!!!! How much of that goes on inand around Craig??!! Hell..I like it!!) ) These arguments here are not about the corruption by this current administration and the bogus attempts to vindicate the Iraq war! THE REASONS FOR THE IRAQ WAR WERE FABRICATED AND EXXAGGERATED!!! MADE UP!! SADDAM'S GONNA KILL US ALL!! And you believe this??!! And you want...ME...to try and submit informed comments?? Oh God!! Unbelievable!! McBush is not mentally fit to hold the office he seeks. Have you honestly listen to his rhetoric and misquotes...and reasoning??!! And Mr. Germond says the Obama scares the crap out of him? Stop listeining to Ruuuuuuushhh!! And False Noise and the propaganda they vomit out fo their minds everytime their mouth opens!!! THE IRAQ WAR WAS A WAR OF IDEOLOGY FROM THE EXTREMIST RIGHT!! And McBush believes these lies evidently since his only platform his banging on is the Iraq war...that should tell you everything you need to understand about McBush!! But I guess you'll not believe this...not surprising! These reasons about McBush's imaginary versions towards war and the economy should be the argument here!! But again.."IT'S US'N AGIN YOU'NS!!! Briiliant argument!!

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

thats right Pat I can't believe you would ask makelovetotexan for an informed opinion either!

Ray Cartwright 6 years, 4 months ago

Sounds like Patrick knows Cantstand better than we all think. hehe

taxslave 6 years, 4 months ago

....And to the REPUBLIC for which it stands.....

These people aren't Republicans. Not a Constitutionalists in the bunch...and obama is a Constitional lawyer? Geeez.

Nor are we to be a Democracy. No one even knows what a Republic is any longer. Control the markets, freddie and fannie?....No way is that Republican....

Republicans stand for free markets, sound money. There is nothing free or sound about our system.

The meetings of the republican party has been keep quiet on purpose...so there can be no opposition to "their" candidate.

I'm a smarter republican than that.....McEmbarrassment will in no way get my vote....neither will obama the rockstar.....lesser of two evils is still evil..(sorry Rep. party, no sheep in my house).

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

tax, your still a republican? I am a strict constitutionalist and the republican party for which it stands is not any more. They are the right side of the democrate party. obama is a communist there is no question of that. McCain is little better, so whats it to be? the revoltion in the streets as makelovetoatexan suggestes? I took an oath to uphold and protect the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. But its becoming clear that those are to numerious to even count anymore. Have your escape plan my friend

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

Pat, I say drill through the head of any animal that isn't smart enough to get out of the way of the drill. I hate reliance on terrorist oil. The powers that be, while I do not think there is a conspiriousy to do it are making a concerted effort to bring left wing ideas into the mainstream of our culture. Entitlements, welfare, public health care, bogus stimulas checks from our new god the government. These are all redistrubution of wealth. I don't want that, I want the way the constitution provided it. Each person is free to decide how to get their persuit of happiness. Not we will provide your happiness. I can't be a compassionate conserveitive. If some one wants to stand out on the street corner and beg for money or food then I don't feel a need to help them because they are not willing to help themselves.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

will do, I keep forgetting to congraduate you on the position so have at em and congrats.