Ryan Neece: Sick of government

As American citizens, I think we have a civilian duty to support our government, but this can only be held true if said administration actually is holding by their duty to serve the American populous, and these conditions must be starkly clear to the people.

They are either doing it, or they are not, there is no middle ground. The Bush Administration has done its best to alienate those of us who are smart enough to realize what they are doing and then spoon feed us stories of what would happen if it weren't for "The Decider."

While some of us are grateful to have every single liberty and God given right stripped from us, other more clear thinking heads are outraged, and rightfully so. Wire tapping? Detaining US citizens? Federal black lists? The list goes on and on, each one yet another civil liberty stripped from us.

Congratulations! See the people we elect?

Although I have no doubt as to the Bush Administration's guilt of torture, I would like to address this on its own. The Bush Administration has admitted to only three events regarding torture.

The Bush Administration has done numerous horrific things, but to a certain point we must commend them. They have somehow convinced the majority of us that that they haven't really done all that much, and those few things they admit, well, those are okay, because why are human rights there except to violate them?

Ryan Neece

Craig

Comments

taxslave 6 years, 5 months ago

I agree. Now we have our local police officers tazering people, which is torture.

Be on alert everyone.....HLS will be running drills around this nation from July 28th to Aug. 2nd.

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

taxslave is there something I can do to help? What is torture? you listen to the UN? I think we might know cant'standtexans?

grannyrett 6 years, 5 months ago

You know, sigh, this government is not perfect, but I get tired of people who have nothing better to do than run it down. Sure we have problems, but people that have nothing better to do than complain need to get a life. People are risking their lives every day to get into this country. People every day come into this country looking for a better life. On the other hand, some people have nothing better to do than sit and gripe about everything. Conspiracy theories run rampant. People can find nothing good to say and find pleasure in running this country into the ground. No matter what happens, we live in the best country in this world. There are people who are dieing every day to ensure that this country stays great. Local police officers may not be perfect, but 99% of them put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe. Unless you were there and know for a fact what happened, let's give them the benefit of a doubt and let them do their jobs. Even HLS. They have a job to do, and we all better hope they do it well. No one wants another 9/11.

tazering might be torture to some, but it seems to me that it is better then shooting someone if they don't need to do it. I understand that it must hurt like a son of a gun, but it's better then dead!! We've all seen the stuff on tv for the Denver news and it amazes me that those guys would shoot someone several times when it isn't needed, IMO......... But first and foremost, an officer needs to protect himself. I just think this way is best unless the officer is in danger. Taxslave doesn't the UN think putting panties on a detainees head is torture too??? OH wait maybe that was some lawyer here in the US!! ;o}

Ryan_Neece 6 years, 5 months ago

I am in complete agreement that no government on earth is completely perfect. Corruption is always inherent in the system. My whole point, however, in writing this letter was directed at the Bush administration of the United States. Although I do have some beefs as to how the system of Primaries we use to elect our leaders works, its still one of the better systems out there. But the Bush administration, as I believe we all can agree, is one of the worst administrations we've had to lead us, and in my mind, leaves the Nixon administration in the dust in terms of corruption and misleading the American people. I simply felt that the Bush administration is the worst, and that this issue needed to be addressed, so obviously, I did this through the most public means I can attain at this point, being at the tender age of 15. I am glad that you all at least took the time to read this editorial, and respond.

Thank you, Ryan Neece.

ColoNative 6 years, 5 months ago

I looked up the report. it says that:

the prisoners considered the "most excruciating" of the methods being shackled to the ceiling and being forced to stand for as long as eight hours. Eleven of the 14 prisoners reported prolonged sleep deprivation, the book says, including "bright lights and eardrum-shattering sounds 24 hours a day".

"The book says Abu Zubaydah was confined in a box "so small he said he had to double up his limbs in the fetal position" and was one of several prisoners to be "slammed against the walls,"

Abu Zubaydah and two other prisoners were waterboarded, a practice in which water is poured on the nose and mouth to create the sensation of suffocation and drowning.

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the chief planner of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, told the Red Cross that he had been kept naked for more than a month and claimed that he had been "kept alternately in suffocating heat and in a painfully cold room."

Now, these names are two of the people involved in 911. I hope that if there is somebody out there with information that will prevent, or hold accountable for, such a horrific crime and that information can be obtained through making a person stand, not sleep, have lights on, loud music, or water poured on their face, then I am all for that. I know that our soldiers go through basic training and advanced training, and they regularly face all these "tortures" as part of their duties. I know that my grandchildren love to go to concerts where they pay to have sleep deprivation, stand for 8 hours, have bright lights, and loud music, etc

I am not for pulling fingernails or cutting off toes, but if that is the worst that can be alleged, then I hope our government keeps it up and helps to keep us as safe as they can. This is a great country with more freedoms than anywhere else in the world. I see so many people complaining about what bad shape the country is in and yet they won't get off their b***s to do anything to make it better, but insist on running everything down.

"If you don't like it, leave"

Ryan, you sound like a very smart 15 year old. Your letter and your response here are very well written and worded. I'm sure you must be getting some of your information from your parents, so I have to wonder how much of this is your thoughts alone. Now, I am not picking on you but I must ask, are you this outspoken about the Americans and people from other countries who have been beheaded because some one in Iraq wants to make a point? I thnk their parents would probably wish that their children had only been tazered. I know tazering is a bit off your subject and I know many people out there believe Bush is a pinhead. I don't agree with everything he's done and I agree he's made many mistakes. I'm not sure we'd have gotten better from some of the others who are or have run for President. Many of them have agreed with Bush and then when the public slams him, they back off in a hurry and say oh no, that's not what we really stand for. Being a public servant is never an easy job, someone is always going to disagree with you and they have freedom of speech backing them up to be able to say what they want, but the Public Servant should never say what's on their mind?!! The President of the United States is only as good as his cabinet, senate and congress allow him to be. Yes, I am sure there are many things done in secret, but there again, how many people are guiding him and telling him what to do? I hope you keep writing as I said your are well written and it is nice to see someone your age taking part in these discussions.

Ryan_Neece 6 years, 5 months ago

First off, I can assure you that all opinions adressed are 100% mine, with perhaps the exception of the next worst American administration, for which I gained confirmation from a family member. Other than that, everything expressed is my opinion, and was not swayed by anyone.

Now, I feel that every single person on this planet has a right to freedom of opinion and speech, however I also understand that there are times, when as I've heard it put, its "best to just shut up". I believe that in certain cases, people should lay low, and not attempt to express their feelings if it may result in bodily harm. I feel that someone expressing their opinion should most certainly not be a cause for any injury, whether physical or psychological. I feel that one of the great things about our country which has allowed it to flourish past most is the fact that anyone can write or say anything, within reason, and not be punished or harmed for it. That is truly a great thing which has made for political and social progress, without which we'd certainly not be where we are today.

As for President Bush, I must say I am one of those who feel he is indeed a pinhead, and I do agree that we may have been pretty badly off with various other candidates as president. However, I feel that many of those other candidates would not have been as harmful to the populace of our country, and probably would admit to mistakes they have made, not attempted to lie to cover themselves when things go badly. And no, I would say being a public servant is a stressful job, and would not be easy with all the scrutiny and the public's eye upon you. However, one of the duties of a public servant is to serve the public, not lie and mislead the public, which President Bush, and his administration, have done a terrific job of.

oldsage 6 years, 5 months ago

Ryan, another great American! Critical thinking in action here. On an earlier post I stated that I loved this country for all the good things it did and was supposed to stand. Unfortunately some people have stolen the truth and have been building an empire. These people and their families become wealthy beyond the comprehension of the rest of us by lying and deceiving the public into believing we need to defend "American interests" in foreign lands. OK, fine, let us look at what these interests really are, and who exactly says they are OUR interests.

It is common knowledge that FDR knew at least two weeks prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor. Why were there not a picket line of our submarines waiting for the Japanese Fleet. A lot of Americans died because our forces were not advised and strategically deployed to counter the attack once the Japanese attacked? The people at the highest levels in our Government wanted the attack to succeed so we could be in a long and protracted war. If we sank their fleet, the fleet that had attacked Pearl Harbor, then maybe there would not have been such a cry from the people to go to war! Same with the 9-11 nonsense, the stock traders who sold short on American Airlines and United Airlines stock at five times the normal volume knew, and so did people in high places in the Government. And they did nothing to stop it! The Iraq war interest is because Iraq, Mr. Hussain, refused to accept the US dollar for oil, he demanded Euros. That is the American interest there, not nukes, the other country that went off the petro dollar was Iran. So now you know why it is imperative for the United States to attack Iran before President Obama takes office! By the way your congress passed and the Decider signed a law this year that allows the decider to imprison people who are found to be not guilty. Adolph Hitler was elected too Granny, you better start complaining too or there won't be any one left when they come for you. Just remember, VOTE THEM OUT EVERY TIME! More than one million innocent Iraqi citizens have died and more than four million have been displaced from their homes, and for what reason? Don't tell me they hate us for our freedoms, they hate us for more obvious and totally legitimate reasons.

grannyrett 6 years, 5 months ago

oldsage--Sorry guy-I just can not agree with any thing you just posted. I do not believe that FDR knew that Pearl Harbor was going to be bombed. I do not believe that any one in this government knew that planes would fly into the World Trade Center. Saddam seemed to have many, many US dollars when we invaded his country. I remember seeing boxes of them carried out of buildings. I do not believe that the US will attack Iran before the end of the year. I don't believe in the tooth fairy either. If they come for me, I will take care of myself.

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

ryan for a pin head how do you explain his collage years? only carried a c average well thats better than john kerry at the same school. I will agree with you that this situation has not been run with the most openess but I want you to look for facts and then base your opinions on the facts. Do not let hatred and misunderstandings cause you to shape your opinions. Maybe this administration has not communicated their intentions and reasons for taking the actions they have but that does not mean they are corrupt or lying to the public.

Oldsage, can you honestly blame our troops and the US government for ALL the deaths in Iraq and ALL the people who have lost their homes? I agree that we are part of the problem, but I think a small part. What about the suicide bombers? I think that they are the ones to be held responsible for much of the death and distruction anymore. And that includes the death of many of our soldiers. Do you care about them?? I agree with Granny, I just cannot and will not believe that our government knew those planes would fly into those buildings with all those people on them and not try to stop it. Everyone blames Bush for so much of this, but what about all the stuff that happened during Clintions reign?? He's the one that should be blamed for many things and not doing anything about them. IMO
How about we blame George Sr. for going in the first time and then not finishing the job? And as for not communicating, can you honestly expect the President of the United States or any country to say..........hmm, let's see. I think we'll attack Iraq..........now show me with raised hands how many agree with me...........ok, now those opposed?? Get real. How about the companies that many of you work for? Do they ask your opinion before doing some of the stuff they do? If they don't, why in the world would you think the President should put things out there for debate?

taxslave 6 years, 5 months ago

The war in Iraq was a currency war, plain and simple. SH was going to sell his oil in the Euro....this was truly a weapon of mass destruction.

Iran is doing the same....and so is Hugo....follow the money and you follow the wars.

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

Tax on the open forum I provided you with a link to look into. now I see no one has commented on it so I will ask you again to look at it. you know that we disagree on some issues and agree on others. Do I think that here are some areas where a conspirisy exists yes, do I think or believe all of them? no!

oldsage 6 years, 5 months ago

No, not all the killing in Iraq is the fault of direct action by American service personnel but can anyone convince the people of Iraq who have lost their homes and family members that were not directly killed by US personnel that it was not an indirect consequence of US foreign policy of preemptive war? Those who were directly killed by US personnel will not be convinced no matter what you say, they know the score.

As for those who refuse to believe that there are people who are trying to subvert all the good things this country was founded on and used to represent (And that some of them are employed by the government) well here is an article you should read, and it is your congress that is pushing this new little program. Just remember "It's for the Children.)

You know Germany outlawed home schooling during the NAZI 1930's and today is using those same laws today to take children away from their parents. Couldn't happen here! Things are happening all around you and you don't believe it.

I know for a fact that there were people who volunteered to go to the labor camps in Germany and Poland because they did not believe the German Government was going to do anything to them! I do not know any reason to trust the alleged good intentions of a bunch of political hacks who sell out their constituencies as soon as they get to Washington every year. Please explain why they are so trust worthy.

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

I believe oldsage that a wise man should never trust the government. some things I can believe others I won't but you are right about the indocternation of our youth. sad very sad. as for iraqi families that have lost their homes or families. well my old friend here we will just have to take two seperate paths again. If they were worth saving then they would have stood up to tyrants terrorists and theives. I can't convince you of the amount of people who live there and are so happy to have you there to protect their new freedoms and the bravery of the people who fight among our troops who want the freedoms we enjoy. but hose are seperate issues god save our kids, they know not where they are led.

Cole White 6 years, 5 months ago

Ryan,

"In a report being released by the Red Cross, which has investigated these claims, they have found at least 20 events of torture, many going on for prolonged periods, involving sleep deprivation, blinding lights, waterboarding, intense physical and psychological pain, and frigid temperatures, cold enough to cause pneumonia." These individuals who are being "tortured" will gut you in your sleep. Cut your head off in front of your family, bash your brains in, blow up your school, carve your eyes out with a spoon, and do it with a clear conscience in the name of GOD --- and all just because you looked at his wife in a way that doesn't fit with HIS religous beliefs or because you believe a person has the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness according to the dictates of their own conscience. He will spit on your civil liberties and burn your constitution. His sanctity of life and individual rights are what ever he says they are according to his belief in the Koran. He will stop at nothing to ensure you are dead and his way is the only way. Then he will stand behind the rights you profess to believe with the sole purpose of preserving his own sorry exhistence.

20 tortures? We make them go without sleep? Waterboarding? Cold temperatures? I endured worse to get into a fraternity in college. Our country did worse to British spies during the revolutionary war. Washington the father of our country ordered worse. President Grant as a general ordered southern women to be treated as whores if they acted that way and approved rape and public beatings. President Truman ordered the dropping of nuclear bombs on thousands of japanese civilians so American lives could be saved. If 20 terrorists have to be adjusted so we can save countless american lives its not only what our military should do, they have an obligation to do it. You be one of the family members of the thousands that were lost in 911 and be told that we could have stopped it but the terrorist we had in captivity wouldn't talk when we threatened him with rootbeer and ice cream and we didn't think it was a good idea to use waterboarding to get the information out of him because it violates his civil liberties.

Come back in a few years with a better argument and maybe someone will take you serious.

50cal 6 years, 5 months ago

WOW now that should be put in the paper! never heard it put so right. thats an american.

Cole White 6 years, 5 months ago

Oldsage,

if SH demanded Euros how come we didn't just exchange Euros for dollars on the ForEx? That's how we do everything else when it comes to international trade. But I like a good conspiracy theory, the problem is, most don't make any sense when you get past the stuff that is fiction. Keep it coming though maybe Tom Cruise will make it into a movie.

oldsage 6 years, 5 months ago

Because it is taking ever more dollars to by Euros, because of a monetary policy by the Federal Reserve Central Bank which is not federal or part of our government. It is actually a private banking cartel run by those really cool elites who know what is best for all of the little people (You and me and most of the rest of the world) and select which candidates the little people will get to choose from in November. When you own both horses in the race they don't care which one wins. You might say they have it covered. The most important vote though is your congress representative who needs to be replaced every time so the tap root of corruption can not ever take hold. All government spending bills start in the House of Representatives, that's right, so all that spending can be stopped by little guys like John Salazar, our representative, but he didn't vote to stop the spending, so it is time to vote him out. If the public in every district would start doing it these guys would get the message and quick. NEXT.....

Oh by the way, I got a call from a friend last fall recommending I dump any dollar denominated securities or savings accounts and buy Euros, that call was prompted by the previous weeks news that Warren Buffet and a Mr. Dick Chaney (Government Employee) had done the same. I told my friend I had already divested all my dollars at Dollar Store the previous week! "There is no inflation." In a pigs ear! They are going to have to change the name of the Dollar Store to the Two Dollar Store! And Soon.

tsneece 6 years, 4 months ago

Wow... what an excellent political observation. Ryan, I wish there were many more Americans tuned into our country and its politics as you are. If that were the case the commander and thief never would have been elected in the first place.... oh yeah, I forgot, he was selected!

Good job young man, thoughtful, clear and well though-out piece of commentary.

speech_geek 6 years, 4 months ago

The cool thing is that i know for a fact ryan wrote this all by himself and as his friend i am very proud of him for standing up for what he believes. Ryan is very opinionated but not in a bad way that makes him cocky....GO RYAN!!!