Guidelines for Craig's 2008 Centennial Poster Contest
Prizes: First place $250, Runner-up $150, People's Choice $100.
1. First place artwork will be the only artwork used for the 2008 Craig Centennial poster.
2. The theme of the artwork entries must reflect the flavor and essence of Craig.
3. Entries must be original artwork.
4. Any reproducible medium is acceptable including photographs, oil/watercolor/chalk/pen-ink, quilt, collage, etc.
5. The image/art should be no larger than 18 inches by 24 inches, either vertical or horizontal.
6. Artwork must be matted with a 2-inch mat, and adequately backed (for example, foam core). Do not mat entries on masonite, clay board or stretched canvas. Art work must be protected by a covering of clear acetate or plastic, such as shrink wrap. Pastels should be treated with a fixative. Each entry will be assigned a number for purposes of judging.
7. Please note that the artist assumes the risk of loss or damage to the artwork during transportation and while the artwork is in the custody of the Craig Centennial Committee. The artist is responsible for making such insurance arrangements as the artist deems appropriate.
8. A signed entry form and the artwork for each work submitted must be received by the Craig Centennial Committee at Pam Designs, 512 Yampa Ave., Craig no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, February 8th, 2008. No more than two (2) entries per artist.
9. All artwork must be available for sale at the silent auction sponsored by the Craig Centennial Committee and the Craig Downtown Business Association on Saturday February 9th, 2008 for no less than the minimum sale price specified by the artist on the entry form.
10. Proceeds of the sale at the art auction will be shared as follows: 25% to the Craig Centennial Committee, with the balance to the artists.
11. Winners will be announced at the ArtWalk reception held on Saturday, February 9th, 2008 at the Center of Craig, 6th and Yampa Ave. The People's Choice award will be voted on at the ArtWalk Reception and awarded that evening. Winners do not need to be present to win. Final choice of poster design rests with the Centennial Committee and in the event no artwork appears appropriate for final use, the Centennial Committee will be the final arbiter.
12. Contact Pam Foster at Pam Designs, 824-8244 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Applications are available at the Craig Chamber of Commerce, City of Craig offices and at Pam Designs. There is no fee to enter. Artists will receive credit for their work on the final poster or on any website that displays the work.