TMH staff: We apologize for poor service

The Memorial Hospital executive team extends our sincere apologies to Michelle Powers and any other patients who have ever visited The Memorial Hospital emergency room to be met with insincere or unfriendly staff members who dismissed your pain or fear or simply treated you with disrespect. Our goal is to be kind and respectful to every patient and to provide the quality of care you expect in an emergency department. We are sorry that we let you down and, in doing so, let our community down.

Michelle took the time and energy to compose a letter displaying her dissatisfaction, and we can only imagine how truly horrible her experience must have been to put her thoughts and feelings into writing. We are embarrassed to have treated one of our own community members in this way.

Thank you, Michelle for having the courage to put a voice to your concerns. We hope that someday in the future, you will let us show you how good we really are and can be.

Sincerely,

George Rohrich CEO

Bob Lindberg Chief Clinical Officer

Beka Warren Chief Quality Officer

Barry Bergman Chief Financial Officer

Samantha Johnston Service Excellence Officer

Comments

slgarcia1 5 years, 12 months ago

"The Memorial Hospital depends upon the support of our community - financially, from a public relations perspective and as a community pillar and partner. From this day forward, each and every one of us will do our very best to be better and to do better and change the public perception of our hospital - one patient, and one experience, at a time."

Well that's a start.

notmpoppins 5 years, 12 months ago

Thank you! Acknowledgment is a great start. It is refreshing to know that someone is listening. Thank you Michelle for bringing this forward. Hopefully this will be the start of something great for our community. Merry Christmas to all.

neutral1 5 years, 12 months ago

I'm glad to see the hospital publicly acknowledging this issue! Let's just hope there is follow through with these intentions & all departments will be evaluated to assure that they can come through on this promise. It'd be a shame to have all the focus just go to the ER, there are other departments of the hospital that REQUIRE as much if not MORE attention in regards to customer service & quality of staff!

CindyLou 5 years, 12 months ago

They must have used the skills of one of the new surgeons and had their heads surgically removed from their @$$. I guess we could call it a christmas miracle.

4coonsmom 5 years, 12 months ago

neutral 1 and CindyLou, I couldn't agree more! The hospital should begin in the front of the building and work their way to the back and do some serious 'housecleaning". Especially in the registration department. I'm sure the manager there still has her head @$$, well you know. I went to day surgery for a procedure and I have to tell you, there are good people in that department. They were very nice to me, took great care of me, were friendly and made me feel like they really cared. Unfortunately, they were the only ones in the hospital that did. A hospital employee told me she believes since the community voted for the new hospital, the people of Craig believe the hospital is wonderful. I hope she's been reading the newspaper. As for the letter of apology signed by all the biggies, I don't believe they will do a thing. They're just covering their @$$!!! You can't change the spots on a leopard.

blueyes 5 years, 11 months ago

as a whole The Memorial Hospital has a lot of issues the need to be worked out. I have been on both sides of it. Yes there is a problem in the ER and the staff need to learn that no matter how big or small a problem is that eveyone is in need of care and having a bad day needs to be keept under you hat and do your job. As for management oh there is a big can worms there. First yes we need a new hospital this one is falling apart all over just take a walk down a hall way and look for your self. management needs to stop and see that they are like a presidental debate they make all the promises and then when time for the pay up comes well it i am sorry we need the money for a person who sits in a office and now need a helper when in fact it the preson would just do there part and not be a over payed smoke blower that they are then work would be done better. I know that if you need something you have to leave a email or a voice mesage and hope you will get an answer in the next few months. I know that some of the manmagement can in one breath tell you that your a low life and then when they cant dump you like they want on some one else then you are there best buddy. That to me is just wrong you treat people like you want in return. I have a feeling that just like a lot of people in craig and othere small towns that use TMH that when its all said and done with the new hospital the management staff will jump ship like the rats they are.