Patrick Wayne Germond: Congratulations to Iraqi Congress

Dear editor,

Congratulations to the Iraqi Congress. They have out-performed Nancy Pelosi's Democratic-majority Congress hands down. Iraq's legislative body has bid out their oil fields to contractors and is on track to become the world's No. 1 oil producer in five years. They have enfranchised the Shiite population and brought them back into the fold of government participation. They have approved and are increasing their security forces by two brigades.

The U.S. Democratic congress has apologized for slavery and blocked the overwhelming will of the American people.

The only way to get the people's will done is to say goodbye to our Democratic senators and representatives. I hate to say it, but unless the majority in Congress changes to favor the Republicans, Pelosi will never let the vote for lifting offshore drilling bans come up. The Congress is supposed to be ruled by the majority vote, that's it. The president is the only one who can stop a 51 percent majority vote by vetoing the bill. If Congress tries again, to pass the same bill, they can do it with a supermajority. Right now, 75 percent of Americans want to drill and use everything we can to fix our energy crunch. Pelosi wants her fellow representatives to tell us they're all for drilling, meanwhile, she will hold off the vote, and they can get re-elected by telling us what we want to hear. She will be safe because she is from San Francisco, a liberal environmentalist stronghold.

We little folks live by rules that if we break them we pay the price. If you're working for a driller and he goes against the company, the company will run him off, and usually you and the rest of the crew, too. That's what needs to happen to the Democrats in this election and whoever tries this stunt in the future. To stop her, we have to change the majority back to Republicans. In other words, we need to run them all off and hire another crew.

In 2002, all the Republicans except for three voted to drill in ANWR. I can't bring myself to tell you who one of those three was. But his first name is John. He has come around finally, though, and a darn sight faster than Obama.

If we are going to cause any change, we have to get serious and start looking to our own house. I decided I was going to start teaching my children about our country and how we run it. I'm going to get a sample ballot, and go over it with them and have them contribute to the discussion. If we teach our children earlier and sooner, in the future we can turn the tides of politics back around to common sense. Don't wait for a liberal teacher to fill that void with your children. Let's get in it to win it, or we will doom our children to pay for our negligence.

Patrick Wayne Germond

Craig

Comments

Well I'm not Granny, but I wish they'd back off. Course Georgia (is that the correct spelling for the country?) should not have taken on the big dog if it's gonna pee like a pup! Now I admit that I don't know all that is going on, but why try to take on a country like Russia and then cry foul when they come back at you!?!?! If your so small that you have no chance of winning anything, why do it in the first place......course David took on the Giant and won, so maybe they thought they had a slim chance of making a point? I also hate the fact that this stuff has had to happen during the Olympics, kind of puts a damper on things as far as I'm concerned.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

Pat-I have NEVER trusted Russia. Putin has always come across to me as so two-faced. As former KGB, I don't think he ever gave it up. He talked the talk, and walked the walk, but, I could never believe the Cold War was over. Something about him just didn't seem right. I think he just wanted to pacify the world and keep on doing the Russian thing. It's like when he threw such a fit when the US was working on it's missile defence. Why should he object to us doing anything to protect ourselves or others? I don't know about Georgia. As a break-away republic, I wish it luck. It seems as if we, in our own country, had a good portion of the states try to "break away". It was called the Civil War. I would hope that something could be done peaceably over there to get it settled. Lord knows, it has shown the world that we, as the United States, can do nothing to help them. What a shame.

an3378 6 years, 4 months ago

This is the kind of thing that is holding us back. This narrow minded thought process is not the way it is. Things are changing and that scares people. Oil and gas are going to run out drilling more all over is not I repeat not going to help lower any price down. There is a high demand around the world for oil and gas. If we drill more it doesn't stay here it goes to whomever wants it most. This includes China and India who are becoming more devloped countries all the time. There needs to be an alternative solution. I am glad that there are Democrats and Republicans in government so neither side will have full power to do whatever they please. Running off people is not a solution but a scare tact to get what they feel is right which it is not. This is not a solution this sounds like someone who can't accept change and that is sad because it is coming if you like it or not. There needs to be a solution to the problems a comprmise between parties instead of this butting heads.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

Oh Russia, I don't think there is room here for all the things that can be said about the mother country. Putin is a communist always has been. Our reationship with Russia has gone down hill since he came into power. Russia has always used three proven excuses for invading another country. some group is being oppressed, they are threatening the motherland, or the country needed help in a time of crisis. We are seeing the oppression of freedoms in russia that they only gained sixteen to eighteen years ago, their economy has struggled and they are letting something familiar come back into their lives so we can expect further tightening of the ol iron curtain. 3378, there is a pipeline running thru georgia that supplies 30% of the natural gas to the european union. has a oil pipeline with it. I'm not sure how much it supplies to the E.U. but Russia tried to hit it with bombs. a BBL of oil rose four dollars because of the threat of a loss of oil. What needs to happen is we drill, we ensure it stays here, and we work on alternative sources while we extract what we have. coal to oil gasification is profitable at 40.00 a bbl. oil shale is profitable at 60.00 a BBL. that makes 800 billion bbls. of oil avalible right here on the western slope of colorado. What we need is legislation that sets up a simple plan. Ground plan, no drilling without a water drainage and ground polution protection plan with stipulation plans of how the pad site will be reclaimed once the useful life of the well is up. Oil sales plan, oil must be sold on the domestic market first. any surplus can then go into the international market. while we are meeting todays demands there also has to be incentives for clean technology and powering tomoorow with other means. take a look around you in your everyday lives and see how much oil out of the ground actually builds that you can now live without and then see what you can do without. Oil not only supplies the oil and gas for our cars and trucks but so many other things as well.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

Go to this web site and read the list of everything we use oil for. It will blow your mind. http://wolf.readinglitho.co.uk/mainpages/oilproducts.html Alternate sources of energy is a great idea. Is it practical right now? I don't think so. BUT, I think we better find a different way of doing things. Alternate energy needs to go ahead full blast. But until we have the technology to do all the things we now do with oil, we will have to find, drill, and use it.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

I have the answer Pat. when the chosen one gets elected this fall and then everyone gets to see that he is the antichrist that I think he is I will be in my bomb shelter waiting for the war that I know is coming. Its amazing that john McCain was on this months ago and no one else saw it but people don't think he would be a good leader. This has been predicted. there are so many hot spots in the world and Russia has so many old cold war ties with those hot spots that this could erupt into an all out war. ( hey the crazy talk about the bunker and the antichrist was for taxslave i haven't heard from him in a while)

I've been wondering about Taxslave myself. I think he/she must be on vacation???

I was just reading some stuff on MSN about Georgia and Russia. It appears that this could get ugly. Also reminds me of Iraq and all the other countries in that area and the different little clicks within those countries. I know the US will do what it needs to do, but our military is stretched pretty thin now and I fear if we get to heavily into this, we'll not have the troops to back it up.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

worst part is lonely. My kid graduated this year and I have this overwhelming desire to reenlist and go back over with my brothers. ARG what a twisted bunch of feelings.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

This has been Putin's goal all along. He has never been pro democracy. He is a communist through and through. The KGB never died. He has kept it alive and is probably the head of it. He has never been America's friend or ally. He seeks world dominance and the cold war never ended for him.

50, don't feel to bad. my son has the same feelings sometimes. I don't believe your feelings are twisted, I just think your one of those people who thinks that maybe they can make a difference.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

Pat looks like the Ukrain isn't budging either they told the russian navy that they had to get permission to leave Ukrainian ports.