Patrick Wayne Germond: Where's the parade?

— To the editor:

Where's the parade and when is it? You know the one, the one we have when we're at war and we win. Maybe not this time though. There has been so much negative reporting on the war it is now beginning to show up in the actual way we perceive the reality of our win and the attitudes of our liberal political leaders.

Let's talk about Barack Obama. The most important stop on his trip to Germany he skips. Visiting the injured troops at Ramstien. He had the time to play rock star to the German people, but visiting wounded troops lacked the level of glory for a celebrity of his caliber. The Pentagon told Obama he could visit, but could not use the visit as a campaign stop. At first, we all let it pass, but it is a symptom of something much deeper and more disturbing. The hospital is about as close to military holy ground as you can get. This is where soldiers go immediately after being injured over seas. In those beds lie people who have earned our country's highest medals and honors. Probably no other place on earth can boast such a routinely high concentration of heroes on a regular basis.

The surge worked. The men and women who were on the ground, where the rubber meets the road, are winning. Obama won't even give them credit. He will not acknowledge that they are heroes winning a war. He only wants to give credit to the Shiites and himself. Yep, he is the candidate of audacity.

Obama is telling people that, "Republicans are going to scare people about me because I'm black." (Lou Dobbs)

McCain is attacking Obama by pointing out the obvious, that Obama has no idea what he is doing, and this causes a lack of judgment. McCain is pointing out Obama has an empty head like Paris Hilton. He could care less about the color of Obama's skin. Like many others, I dislike Obama because of his arrogance. What will happen if Obama is elected and he is criticized? Imagine his followers crying and whining on television constantly. Calling his critics racist, and how dare anyone question Barack's views as anything but the "Gospel."

I will defend the regular working-class Democrats, however. They are in the same boat as Republicans in wondering how the heck this turned out to be their party's best choice. Remember, about a year ago when McCain sided with big business to give citizenship to illegal aliens? Our guy tried to sell out U.S. sovereignty for cheap labor.

Now is not the time to quit our parties. Now is the time to jump in and start micro-managing them by calling and writing letters. Pelosi's Congress does not deserve a vacation.

Patrick Wayne Germond

Craig

Comments

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

Pat I never miss a parade, I go to DIA alot and never miss a chance to shake the hand of every member of the military I see coming through the gates. Tell them how much they are appreciated and what a great job they have done. Thats doing a little simple thing to remind them that they are not forgotten. as for can'tmakelovetoatexan, be easy he has made some comments on here lately that have made sense, maybe hes coming around.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

Why hell boys...I don't want to disappoint you!! I have no ill feeling towards our military men and women! I simply know that the current Administration has committed treason and has taken over our country with an ideology that is extremist in a totalitarian way!! The current administration snubs it's nose at the law and scoffs when it is well defined that the Constitution HAS been violated! Now...the Iraq war being bogus...and yes...Mr. Dufus Bush HAS been documented as starting his war rant as soon as he stepped into the Oval Office...where does that place OUR military men and women?? How have these vet's from Iraq/Afghanistan and the injured from military action in these countries been treated? With dignity and respect with world class medical treament and sanitary hospitals?...?...!! Our men and women in the military have been placed in a bogus war for a ideology of greed....the billions and billions and billions wasted and even "lost".....while OUR soldiers are undermanned....over stressed..over extended...poor equipment....want me to stop?! I won't! Veterans demand OUR highest respect!! The current administration should be brought to TRIAL AND A GOOD STRONG ROPE PURCHASED FOR A PUBLIC EXECUTION!! The current criminals occupying the White House are traitors to you and myself and the entire country!! And who was it that had to pay. OUR MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN!! And the 6 trillion dollars mostly barrowed from the WRONG people to fund the overspending and waste these last 7+ years!!

I suppose it would be fair to give some slack towards the Executive Office.....but both these guys...Dufus and the 'Real" president....Mr. V.P....ran and hid during the Viet nam War!! RAN AND HID!!! But hell...they're work'n hard to pertec you'n me!! Makes you want to throw up!!

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

And by he way...McBush has stepped up to be the next puppet president. I'm not going to continue...but Obama did not say all the statements with your evaluation of what he said!! You are exaggerating...but what the hell!! McBush is already beholding to the people he has surrounded himself with....you know...the insiders of the GOP!! I have things to do...so...type away boys and girls....what is...IS!! Both candidates are flip flopping...both candidates are flip flopping!! But McBush says...we have to stay in Iraq!! How?! How can this happen? This country is bankrupt.....3 billion dollars a week for Iraq CANNOT...repeat...cannot continue! Even well known and knowledgeable Republicans are screaming....WE CANNOT AFFORD THIS WAR ANYMORE!! We'll end up just as the Soviet Union did....FUNDS EXHAUSTED...BANKRUPT!!! We're just about there.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

Say what?! What does Bryce say?!! Please continue.

bjacobson 6 years, 4 months ago

I want to make sure that you understand, it is my belief, that it is the role of the newspaper on this forum to moderate not be involved in the discussion. This is the community's forum on our website. Not the newspaper's forum.

I will respond to questions individually, unless I deem it appropriate to post a comment.

That being said, this will be my second comment in one week's time, and that is entirely too many comments.

Thank You Bryce Jacobson Publisher bjacobson@craigdailypress.com

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

Bryce-Sometimes we like it when you comment. We often have questions about how you come to the conclusions you do, and it helps us understand where you are coming from. I think all of us want to be better informed and look to the paper to do that. It's nice that if we disagree with an article, you are there to help us understand where you get your info, and the facts that lead you to your conclusions. Your opinions are as valid as anyone else who posts here, and you have access and ways to find out things that most of us don't. Thank you for doing that. When we think you are way off base, we will let you know.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

alright cant stand you proved me wrong. please make the comments without resorting to the name calling of the turkey we've got running for office. I think we could use some good discussion here about the issues instead of conspirosy (hook on phonics) while I no longer will carry the water of the republidemoncrats I think we can all agree that McCain has probably voted against Bush more than with him. and there are many issues we can agree on here.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

First things first Gents......I'm swamp with work for a least the next couple of weeks....I mean buried and on a time frame to get finish ASAP!! If you check the time I submitted this...yeah...it's almost 10 P.M.....and I'm up again at around 4 A.M. tomorrow morning....gotta go...but...I'll consider the exchange. Later Gents!