News and notes for MCHS homecoming
Monday, Sept. 17
• The junior varsity football team plays at home against Eagle Valley.
• Monday is also opposite dress day for high school students, when guys dress as girls and girls dress as guys. All clothing must follow the school dress code.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
• The volleyball team plays a home game against Meeker.
• Students are encouraged to dress like tourists.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
• Students may wear sports jerseys to school.
Thursday, Sept. 20
• Thursday, Sept. 20, starts with the homecoming coronations at 9:57 a.m. Then, the volleyball team plays a home game against Rifle.
• Students are encouraged to dress up in group or duo matching costumes. But masks and face paint are allowed.
• The annual MCHS Homecoming Bonfire is at 9 p.m. Thursday, behind the high school.
Friday, Sept. 21
• Friday, Sept. 21, is a half-day for students, beginning at 11 a.m. with a pep rally in the gym.
• The annual Moffat County High School homecoming parade is Friday, Sept. 21, 2007, from Craig Middle School, down Yampa Avenue and Victory Way to Safeway.
• The parade will begin at 1:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• For safety reasons, all adults with children are asked to keep youths out of the street.
• Anyone who wishes to enter a float in the parade can pick up an application at Moffat County High School or call Sheila Pluym or Dave Grawbowski at 824-7036. All entries must follow the theme of "Centennial - 100 Years of Craig."
• The application deadline is Sept. 18. There is a $30 entry fee. A reminder: It is in violation of Craig City Ordinance to throw candy.
• The varsity football Bulldogs play at home against Eagle Valley on Friday night. The high school plans to set off fireworks, have a band performance and the coronation presentation at halftime.
• Friday is blue and white day for students.
Saturday, Sept. 22
• The high school rodeo begins at 8 a.m. at the Moffat County Fairgrounds
• Cross-country races at home begin at 10 a.m. at the Moffat County Invitational
• The soccer team takes the home pitch against Eagle Valley at 11 a.m.
• The volleyball team protects its home court against Glenwood Springs starting at 11 a.m.
• MCHS Homecoming Dance is Saturday, Sept. 22. The dance is for MCHS students. Tickets are $5 per person. Guests must have a form filled out and approved by Friday, Sept 21.
Sunday, Sept. 23
• The high school rodeo continues, beginning at 8 a.m.