Moffat County Board of County Commissioners
Last met: Tuesday, Jan. 9
- Approved final plat for Johnson Acres Minor Subdivision located north of Craig off County Road 31.
- Approved a sketch/preliminary plat for Co-Dessa Properties Minor Subdivision, located on the curve on bypass road County Road 7: (approved by a 2-1 vote with Tayyara voting against to express concerns with setting a precedent using tax-payer dollars to clear culvert fouled by private development.)
- Approved Eberle exemption subdividing 6 acres off of 256.8 acres about a mile west of Craig north of Highway 40.
- Approved a right of way dedication for the new hospital
- Approved Jordan Exemption separating 9.28 acres off of property
- Approved division order with Beartooth Oil & Gas giving the Museum of Northwest Colorado 15 percent royalty on a well producing since August.
- Approved personnel requisitions for two mechanics for the road department due to resignations
- Approved personnel requisition for jail detention officer
- Approved bid for two transport vans for the Sheriff's Office to low bidder Craig Ford
- Appointment of:
-- Luke Tucker, Jerry Thompson, Airport Advisory Board-
-- John Ponikvar, Mason Siedschlaw, 14th Judicial District Community Corrections Board
-- Owen Grant, Bonnie Villard, alternate-Duke Duzik, Cemetery Board
-- Darryl Steele, Jaci Mock, Rod Durham, Housing Authority
-- Diana Cook, Kathey Ogle, Jennifer Riley, Library Board-
-- Dave O'Connor, Ken White, Maybell Community Center Board-
-- Frank Moe, Richard Blakely, Diane Brannan, Moffat County Tourism Association-
-- Bonnie Villard, Wilma Taylor-Blake, Delaine Voloshin, Arloa Gerber, Museum Board
-- Jeff Comstock, Jennifer Riley, Retirement Board
Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 16
- 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence, consent agenda
- 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noticed on this agenda.
- 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack, of the road and bridge department.
-- Monthly report.
-- Sign house rental agreements for Great Divide and Vermillion
-- Sign Charchalis sand and gravel lease
- 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer, of social services
-- Review Dec. 12 minutes for revision or approval
-- Public hearing regarding the Community Services Block Grant
-- Changes in Adult Protection Team membership
-- Signing of the state version of the Social Services budget approved in December 2006
-- Amendment of contract with The Lighthouse Center for Counseling and Play Therapy
-- 2007-2008 Child Care Quality Grant
-- Monthly reports
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. Elected officials
- 10:30 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Tim Jantz, Moffat County Sheriff
- 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
-- Personnel requisitions
- 11:30 to noon. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
- Noon to 1 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 to 1:45 p.m. Discussion with Tom Grieve, of the Little Snake River Water Conservancy District
-- Annual report
- 1:45 to 2:15 p.m. Discussion with Kathleen Taylor, county attorney
-- Review and possible acceptance of contract with Steamboat Springs Transit Authority for old county shop
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig Planning and Zoning Commission
Next meeting: Jan. 15
- 5:30 p.m. Work session
- 6 p.m. Regular meeting
-- Call to order, roll call, approval of Oct. 16 minutes
-- Public hearing to consider proposed revisions to chapters 16 and 17 of the Craig Municipal Code to be known as the City of Craig Land Use Code and to consider revisions to the city's official zoning map, with anticipated Planning and Zoning recommendations to the City Council.
-- Fernando Contreras' request for a variance of a front-yard setback for a carport at 2045 Baker Dr.
-- B & B Welders Supply, Inc. request for renewal of a conditional use permit for a 500-gallon propane dispensing station at 124 W. Fourth St.
-- Abbey Carpet request for approval of an off-street parking and landscape plan for a new store at 408 E. Victory Way
-- Moffat County National Bank request for approval of an off-street parking and landscape plan for a new bank at 435 Mack Lane.
-- Audience comments
- Old business
- Commission reports
- Staff reports