CNCC board OKs plat application
Colorado Northwestern Community College's Moffat County Affiliated Junior College Board of Control authorized the application for plat approval for The Memorial Hospital's new site at its regular meeting Monday.
The site is set on 15 acres of land west of Shadow Mountain Village. The plat approval includes sewer, electric, gas and water lines, as well as grading, fire flow and storm drains, said board chairwoman Kandy Kropinak.
The board met with city of Craig public works director Bill Earley and engineers from the Westminster-based Diversified Consultant Solutions Monday to confirm that the plans are meeting city codes and the college's infrastructure requests. Kropinak said the college plans to build campus facilities on the land as well, so the board needs to ensure that will be possible.
"We're trying to ensure ... we will have access to that infrastructure," Kropinak said. "We're trying to do what's best for the college and taxpayers' dollars."
The board also discussed hiring a consultant to oversee program and facility development. The board did not decide Monday on that hiring.
"We want to make sure we're using the money the most wisely that we can," Kropinak said.
The board meets again at 6 p.m. March 19 at the Bell Tower in room 201.
Girl Scout Cookies to go on sale
The Craig Girl Scouts will have cookie booths at the following locations and dates.
- On Feb. 17, at the Safeway parking lot from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Thunder Rolls from 3 to 6 p.m. and at City Market from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- On Feb. 18, at City Market from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- On Feb. 21, at Loaf-N-Jug from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., and at City Market from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- On Feb. 22, at Safeway from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- On Feb. 23, at City Market from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. and a Thunder Rolls from 6 to 8 p.m. and at K-Mart from 4 to 7 p.m.
- On Feb. 24, at City Market from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and at Safeway from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- On Feb. 28, at City Market from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- On March 1, at City Market from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- On March 3, at City Market from 10 a.m. to 4 pm., at Safeway parking lot from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and at Thunder Rolls from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
St. Michael Catholic Church, 678 School St., is holding a healing mission at 7 p.m. on March 1 and 2 by Sr. Brigid Meierotto and Sr. Jan Nattermann, Sisters of the New Covenant from Denver. The entire family and every member of every household is encouraged to come to this very special time of healing.
Volunteer training for emergency situations
The Visiting Nurse Association in Moffat and Routt counties are having volunteer training in their efforts to generate a dependable volunteer contingent of medical and non-medical personnel who are ready to perform various public health services during local, regional, state and possibly national emergencies. Volunteer trainings will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday in Conference Room 1 at the Yampa Valley Medical Center. Attendance is required for one day. Call Diana Eilers or Steve Hilley at the VNA, 879-1632.
Wildlife public meeting held Feb. 15
Colorado Wildlife Commissioners Roy McAnally of Craig and Tom Burke of Grand Junction are planning a public meeting in Craig to get input on wildlife issues.
Commissioners typically hold meetings around the regions they represent to visit with constituents and cover a wide range of wildlife topics.
Colorado Division of Wildlife staff members also attend meetings to help answer questions and provide information.