Moffat County Board of County Commissioners
Last met: Sept. 19
- Signed a confirmation letter regarding the removal of the Museum of Northwest Colorado sign from the Kloos property.
- Approved exemption requests for well set back from J.W. Operating on Dale Ellis' property.
- Approved two personnel requisitions for the road and bridge department -- one full-time mechanic and welder position, and one full-time heavy equipment operator with the truck crew.
- Approved the transfer of 21 pieces of equipment from the Museum of Northwest Colorado to Wyman Living History Ranch and Museum.
- Received contract for paving of parking lot at the Dinosaur branch of the Moffat County Libraries.
Next meeting: Sept. 26
- 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
- 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. The board may discuss any topic relevant to county business at this time.
- 9 to 9:30 a.m. Administration. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber regarding the supplemental budget.
- 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Building inspector. Discussion with Pat Mosbey regarding open letters of interest and appointment of new members to the board of appeals.
- 9:45 to 10 a.m. County clerk. Discussion with Elaine Sullivan regarding document conversion recording.
- 0 to 10:30 a.m. County attorney. Discussion with Kathleen Taylor regarding the possible vacation of County Road 158.
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. County attorney. Discussion with Kathleen Taylor for a possible executive session to receive legal advice on questions regarding health and welfare subrogation.
- 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. County attorney. Discussion with Kathleen Taylor regarding the review and memo of understanding between the 14th Judicial District juvenile services planning commission and Moffat, Routt and Grand counties.
- 11:45 a.m. to Noon. Museum. Discussion with Dan Davidson for the review and signature of amended division order with Encana Oil.
- Noon to 1 p.m. The commissioners will have lunch at Carelli's.
- 1 to 2 p.m. McMahan and Associates. Discussion with Paul Backes on the 2005 audit presentation.
- 2 to 4 p.m. Intergovernmental agencies meeting.
The Memorial Hospital board of trustees
Next meeting: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 27
Platinum Conference Room
- Call to order and approval of meeting minutes from Aug. 30
- Opportunity for public to address the board
- Medical staff report by Dr. Tammy Rice, chief of staff
-- Draft minutes of the Sept. 14 Medical staff meeting
- Joint conference committee report by Melton Sullivan, chairman
-- Draft minutes of the Sept. 19 joint conference meeting
- Finance committee report by Missy Bonaker, chairman
-- Draft minutes for Sept. 19
-- Financial results for Aug. 2006
-- Foundation meeting report for Sept. 2006
-- Update on capital campaign, grants and events by foundation liaison Brenda McKey
- Building committee report by Ron Danner, committee chairman
-- Status report
-- Chief executive officer report
-- Service excellence officer report
-- Chief quality officer report
-- What's what report
-- Draft minutes of Sept. 20 department managers meeting
-- Other administrative business
- Other business
Craig City Council
Last met: Sept. 12
- Approved the renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for Ocean Pearl at 441 W. Victory Way.
- Approved a temporary hotel and restaurant liquor license for Holiday Inn of Craig for a transfer of license.The public hearing on the permanent license will be on Oct. 10, 2006.
- Approved of an off-street parking & landscaping plan for a hotel on Lot 5 Block 3, Pine Ridge No. 3 Subdivision by Frank and Kerry Moe.
- Held a public hearing to consider granting a transfer of a hotel and restaurant liquor license to Fiesta Jalisco located at 410 Ranney St. formerly operated as Wallie's Restaurant. Also approval of a temporary license.
- Michael Toothaker of Horizons Specialized Services addressed the council.
- Approved a resolution supporting referendum 3A extending the existing mill levy for the Craig campus of Colorado Northwestern Community College.
- Approved of proposals for financial software at a cost of $87,555.
- Approved a resolution appropriating additional funds in the General Fund to defray expenses in excess of amounts budgeted for financial software.
- Approved of sole source acquisition of concrete drainage pipe for a cost of $120,000.
- Approved of an Encroachment Agreement for Sally Turner for a building and parking lot encroaching into an alley.
- Approved an amendment to the YVEA Easement at Elkhead Reservoir that was approved on June 27, 2006.
Next meeting: Sept. 26
- Set a public hearing for 10-24-06 to consider a zone change from R-3 to C for the N1/2 of Lot 38 and all of Lots 39 through 44, Block 3, Town of Craig requested by Kum & Go, LC.
- Approval of an off-street parking & landscape plan for a retail sales building on Lot 1 of the replat of Lot 4» Block 4 of Pine Ridge No. 1 requested by John Raftopoulos.
- Approval of a variance of a front yard setback for a garage addition at 734 Jerimiah Avenue requested by Dennis and Peggy Craig.
- Approval of a variance of a side yard setback for a garage at 2241 Jeffcoat Drive requested by Jeremy May.
- Public hearing to consider approval of a conditional use for an antique store at 525 Colorado St. for Tonya Griffith.
- Proclamation to designate the month of October 2006 as Red Ribbon Month.
- Habitat for Humanity will request that council waive the fee for the building permit for their housing project at 745 Yampa Ave.
- Craig Rural Fire Department will discuss the proposed mill levy increase to be on the November election ballot.
- Request to purchase recycle center roll-off containers and Dumpsters.
- Approval of quote to paint the exterior of the Center of Craig.
- Finance Director Bruce Nelson -- financial report for August.
City manager/city attorney reports