Craig City Council
- Approved the installation of a traffic control device known as a "pork chop" to force traffic into a right turn when entering U.S. Highway 40 from Kmart.
- 7:30 p.m. Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence, approval of minutes and approval of agenda
- Consent agenda
- Renewal of hotel and restaurant liquor license for Bad to the Bone, 572 Breeze St. No cause shown for denial.
- Renewal of hotel and restaurant liquor license for Casa Loya, 351 Ranney St. No cause shown for denial.
- Renewal of retail liquor store license for Stockman's Liquor, 574 Pershing St. No cause shown for denial.
- Renewal of the tavern liquor license for Mathers' Inc., 420 Yampa Ave. No cause shown for denial.
- Request for approval of a variance of a front yard setback for an addition at 1294 W. Fourth St. from Christoper and Nicoli McLeslie.
-Request for approval of an off-street parking and landscaping plan for an addition at 1294 W. Fourth St. from Christopher and Nicoli McLeslie.
- Award bid to purchase cab and chassis and automated load refuse collection truck body for the solid waste department.
- Award bid for the 2006 curb and gutter construction and concrete improvements.
- Award bid for the 2006 asphalt work.
- Consideration and approval of three Yampa Valley Electric Elkhead easements.
- Consideration of a resolution appropriating grant matching funds to the Greater Routt and Moffat Narcotics Enforcement Team fund.
- Approval of letter of confirmation from the City Council to the Craig Police Department of the duty of peace officers to cooperate with state and federal officials in regards to enforcement of immigration laws.
- Staff report from finance director Bruce Nelson.
- City manager/city attorney reports.
- Audience comments.
Moffat County Commissioners
- Commissioners discussed three bills in the U.S. Senate and House aimed at battling the spread of bark beetles. Commissioner Tom Gray said all three bills are good, but he prefers the bill sponsored by Sen. Wayne Allard, R-Loveland.
- Commissioners approved contracts for the Office of Emergency Management for communication equipment.
- Commissioners received a bid for $711,430 for construction projects at the Craig/Moffat County Airport. The airport advisory board will consider the bid before commissioners make a decision at next week's meeting.
- Commissioners received a monthly update from the Moffat County Social Services Department. Commissioners commended Social Services casework supervisor Matt Harris. Harris recently received a letter from a Social Services office in Washington thanking him for his help with a case there.
- Commissioners appointed John Marks, the new manager at Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation, to the county's adult protection team.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a temporary maintenance technician at the Moffat County Fairgrounds. The position is for the summer and fall only, commissioners said.
- Commissioners approved an accident protection insurance program for volunteers.
- Commissioners voted to advertise for a new Parks and Recreation director. The current director will retire in June, commissioners said.
- Commissioners approved an oil and gas lease between the county and Lynn Properties that will net the county $3,385.
- Commissioners voted to send county resident Dave Watson to a meeting in Steamboat Springs on Thursday about roadless areas in national forests.
- Commissioners sent a letter to the Colorado Wildlife Commission saying they oppose restrictions on prairie dog hunting.
- 8:30 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
- Consent agenda
- Approval of minutes for April 25 and May 9
- Approval of accounts payable warrants
- 8:45 a.m. General Discussion
- Safety meeting
- 9 a.m. Road and Bridge, Bill Mack
- Award loader bid
- Sign chip seal oil contract
- Approval of speed limits for construction projects for County Roads 57 and 4
- 9:30 a.m. County Clerk's Office, Elaine Sullivan
- Set polling places
- Phone connection at Maybell Community Center
- 9:45 a.m. Assessor Suzanne Brinks
- Discuss contract with value check for Web site
- 10:15 a.m. County Attorney Kathleen Taylor
- EMS Council
- 10:45 a.m. Museum, Dan Davidson
- Oil and gas lease with Lynn Properties
- Approval of ratification of oil and gas lease with Lynn Properties
- 11 a.m. Human Resources, Lynnette Running
- Personnel requisition
- Pinnacol Insurance presentation by Dave Schwerin regarding workman's compensation