Moffat County Commissioners
- Commissioners tabled discussion of the county's annual fire operating plan. Commissioners said they wanted more time to review the plan before voting on it. The plan lays out how the county will cooperate with other agencies if there is a wildfire.
- Commissioners discussed Gov. Bill Owens' roadless area task force. The task force is dealing with roads in National Forests.
- Commissioners discussed transportation issues with Road and Bridge Director Bill Mack. Someone stole County Road signs and ran over others recently, Mack said.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a temporary employee in the Natural Resources Department. The employee will work for no more than 160 hours. The new employee will help the department put its mineral lease documents in electronic form.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a grounds supervisor at Sherman Youth Camp. The seasonal position will run from June until September.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a full-time detention service coordinator at the Moffat County Jail.
- Commissioners approved a long-term disability insurance policy for county employees. Commissioners said they will have a workshop next week with Human Resources Director Lynette Running to discuss the policy further.
- Commissioners received a monthly update from Sheriff Buddy Grinstead. Grinstead said the jail has had problems recently with inmates assaulting other inmates who are accused of sex offenses. Jail staff is trying to keep accused sexual offenders away from the general population, Grinstead said.
• 8:30 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
- Approval of minutes: May 2
- Approval of payroll and voided warrants resolution
- Sign USDA/Thompson contract
- Sign monthly treasurer's report
- Sign Office of Emergency Management Motorola tower contract
- 9 a.m. General discussion
- Safety meeting
- 9:15 a.m. County administration, Tinneal Gerber
- Airport apron bid openings
- 9:45 a.m. Social Services, Marie Peer
- Monthly report
- 10:30 a.m. Human Resources, Lynnette Running
- Personnel requisition
- 10:45 a.m. Museum, Dan Davidson
- Oil and gas lease
- 11 a.m. Break
- 11:30 a.m. Natural Resources, Jeff Comstock
- Land use board request, roadless task force
- Opposition to prairie dog hunting season