- Commissioners tabled discussion of the county's annual fire operating plan until next week. Commissioners said they wanted more time to review the plan before voting on it. The plan lays out how the county would cooperate with other agencies if there is a wildfire.
- Commissioners discussed Gov. Bill Owens' roadless area task force. The task force is dealing with roads in national forests. A representative from Moffat County will attend a task force meeting this month in Steamboat Springs.
- Commissioners discussed transportation issues with Road and Bridge Director Bill Mack. Moffat County Road signs have been stolen and others run over recently, Mack said.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a temporary employee in the natural resources department. The employee will work for no more than 160 hours. The new employee will help the department put its mineral lease documents in electronic form.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a grounds supervisor at Sherman Youth Camp. The seasonal position will run from June to September.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a full-time detention service coordinator at the Moffat County Jail.
- Commissioners approved a long-term disability insurance policy for county employees. Commissioners said they will have a workshop next week with Human Resources Director Lynette Running to discuss the policy further.
- Commissioners received a monthly update from Sheriff Buddy Grinstead. Grinstead said the jail has had problems recently with inmates assaulting other inmates who are accused of sex offenses. Jail staff members are trying to keep accused sexual offenders away from the general population, Grinstead said.