Moffat County Commissioners
Last met: July 18
- Signed an agreement for the harvesting of hay by Dwayne and Margaret Kinnett on county-owned property at Loudy-Simpson Park and at the Craig/Moffat County Airport.
- Signed a lease agreement with James Bridges for an easement and lease of space for the Bakers Peak tower that handles 800-megahertz communications for the county.
- Approved a bid from Rifle Equipment of $41,672 for a transport trailer to haul county equipment. An additional $18,400 was added for a fourth axel for the trailer.
- Approved a bid from Craig Steel of $22,816.64 to replenish the county's inventory of culverts.
- Waived the bid process and awarded a bid of $35,235 to Cetco for 101,000 square feet of landfill liner. Cetco is the only company currently making the liners.
- Approved a bid for $7,895.87 from Tri-State Equipment for a John Deere Gator for the Parks and Recreation Department. The commissioners also added $756 for a trailer.
- Approved closing county facilities at 3 p.m. on Aug. 10 so county employees can attend the county picnic.
- Approved $45,000 to the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association for pre-pregnancy planning and home visits by nurses. The commissioners approved this money in January, but re-approved it under new contract verbage.
Next meeting: July 25
Craig City Council
Last met: July 11
- Issued warnings to four local businesses for serving alcohol to underage people.
- Approved paying $613,771 in bills for June.
- Approved a special events liquor license for the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 for the Moffat County Fair.
- Approved a resolution authorizing Craig to establish the National Incident Management System as the basis for all incident management in the city.
- Approved a grant agreement with the Federal Aviation Administration for apron rehabilitation at the Craig/Moffat County Airport.
Next meeting: July 25
Moffat County School Board
Last met: June 29
- Approved appointing Christine Villard, director of student services, to act as federal program representative.
- Approved adopting policy 1311 regarding flag displays.
- Approved a contract with Blazing Arrow, a Loveland company, for four digital projectors that will be used at Craig Middle School.
- Approved 2006-07 budget.
Next meeting: July 27
- 6:30 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance, adopt agenda and recognize visitors
- Consent agenda
-- Approval of minutes from June 8 and June 29 meetings
---- Financial report for June 30
-- Quarterly general fund financial report
-- Check registers for July 2006
-- Personnel report for July 2006
-- Summer school
-- Dinosaur Community Charter School
-- First reading of policy 6712 concerning student advancement and retention
-- First reading of policy 9317 concerning executive sessions
-- Memorandum of understanding concerning Rangely School District transportation
-- Activity fees, lodging and policy 5572
-- School calendar
-- Board self-evaluation